So that's it, "Nintendo Wii"

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

MournfulWoods
This is my new home

Post by MournfulWoods »

Is that remote control a gamepad ?? What the hell ?
http://backalleybazaar.wordpress.com
Daedelus
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!
Location: This Island Earth! (Can be yours, if the Price is Right!)

Post by Daedelus »

That's not a remote control in the sense you're thinking. That's the controller. What rock have you been living under?
Gaiseric wrote:It has been negative for the past 50 years or so, where have you been?
I'm living in the here and now. Not 1956.
Femto wrote:
Daedelus wrote:No. I'm talking about using the word 'gay' as a negative. Period.
Fuck political correctness.
There is a limit to PC. Some stuff has gotten out of hand. More and more over the past couple years, I'm starting to feel uneasy about the use of 'gay' as a negative. Especially when you have absolutely no clue as to the sexual orientation of the person you're talking to.
MournfulWoods
This is my new home

Post by MournfulWoods »

Daedelus wrote:That's not a remote control in the sense you're thinking. That's the controller. What rock have you been living under?
I haven't been informed on videogame stuff for a very long time. That's what happens when you don't have money to spend on game consoles and when you don't have a computer fast enough to play recent stuff.

Hell, I haven't even seen Half Life 2.

anyway, that controller doesn't look great. Dammit. Nintendo games are the ones I usually like the most. But with that controller.... I don't know if Wii 's going to be good.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Daedelus wrote:Especially when you have absolutely no clue as to the sexual orientation of the person you're talking to.
That is exactly the problem.

This political correctness stuff has gotten so out of hand that it's created tension between the different demographics and it's just plain censoring people. Meanwhile, racism is still as blatant as ever but I guess that doesn't matter as long as people don't talk about it.

I respect if somebody is gay and I really hope they'll be able to get married to their chosen partner in the future, but don't fucking stand and tell me what I can and cannot say.

EDIT: I just noticed the Biozombie av and sig. The movie is pretty funny for the most part. When it suddenly got so serious in the end it became stupid.
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

I don't see it that way at all. I'm dropping it though, this isn't the place for this discussion.

I don't even own one of the current-gen consoles. The controller has been a pretty well-known fact for a while. It's intersting to think what they can do with it.

For those of you who don't think the controller can do much, think about the DS. When the "gimick" was first introduced, people didn't think it could be used for much other than the demos shown at the game shows. Yet now we can see that the stylus input has multiple uses. The Metroid game is the most obvious example of this. Not to mention, as has been mentioned before... there will be a more standard controller "shell" for Wii. You don't have to feel horribly insecure about your penis size for every game you play.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Well we'll see how you handle your Wii, and how long. 3 hours of Wii might become tiring for the wrist, no? You thought you wouldn't get tired, but long periods of Wii might prove to be draining.
Now imagine if you get to play with your Wii with your friends, the exhaustion...
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Watch the video for the controler than put your self in thier place... I know I would look Gay swing a controler around pretenting to sword fight :evil:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Sandman wrote:Watch the video for the controler than put your self in thier place... I know I would look Gay swing a controler around pretenting to sword fight :evil:
might as well play some real d&d instead.

You could start a whole clan and have 4 people swinging the controller around like idiots.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Nindendo is just asking for disaster: first a controller that is going to make everyone who touchs it Gay, second, Rename the console something Gay like Wii. Who ever is in charge over there is either Gay or an idiot.

PS I couldnt imagine makeing a game for the Wii's motion senor controller, god that has got to be a challenge... except for fishing games I guess :D
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

Sandman wrote:Nindendo is just asking for disaster: first a controller that is going to make everyone who touchs it Gay, second, Rename the console something Gay like Wii. Who ever is in charge over there is either Gay or an idiot.

PS I couldnt imagine makeing a game for the Wii's motion senor controller, god that has got to be a challenge... except for fishing games I guess :D
Holy fucking shit. Your stupidity baffles me. How about a real, rational arguement? Also, would it absolutely kill you to type like a human?

Oh and your imagination didn't even have to do any work here. There is an actual game for this system that is based on something other than fishing.

Come back when you have some rational, fact-based logic to back your bullshit up. I'm not a Nintendo fanboy by any means. You've got your head so far up your ass, I'm not too sure you know what you're talking about anymore.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Daedelus wrote:
Sandman wrote:Nindendo is just asking for disaster: first a controller that is going to make everyone who touchs it Gay, second, Rename the console something Gay like Wii. Who ever is in charge over there is either Gay or an idiot.

Holy fucking shit. Your stupidity baffles me. How about a real, rational arguement? Also, would it absolutely kill you to type like a human?

Oh and your imagination didn't even have to do any work here. There is an actual game for this system that is based on something other than fishing.

Come back when you have some rational, fact-based logic to back your bullshit up. I'm not a Nintendo fanboy by any means. You've got your head so far up your ass, I'm not too sure you know what you're talking about anymore.
And you, my friend, probably have your head to deep in his gay ass to see he's alienating you.
And besides, he got a point by meaning that this Wii thing is a huge risk, it's either hit or miss. From a technical point of view and the name as well. I'm personally looking forward to it, I like the concept, but it might turn out to be a disaster.
Last edited by Albator on Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I actually like the features of the controller, but I do have to say like many other gamers out there that it does look like a vibrating sex toy. Despite that, the features looks and sounds incrediby good though, at least from the magazine screenshots when they are actually trying it out.

Penny-Arcade has made their own version of what they think about the new Wii. Personally, I don't find it funny, but the message does get through.

Sigh. And Revolution was such a cool name. Everytime I see the name Wii waves of unfamilarity and uncertainty blankets me. I guess I haven't gotten used to the name change yet.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

Eldo wrote:Penny-Arcade has made their own version of what they think about the new Wii. Personally, I don't find it funny, but the message does get through.

Sigh. And Revolution was such a cool name. Everytime I see the name Wii waves of unfamilarity and uncertainty blankets me. I guess I haven't gotten used to the name change yet.

I was surprised that's where PA took it. I expected... I don't know. Something more. Oh well. Can't win them all.

I have a strong feeling that this will go the way the name change for Longhorn did. For those of you who aren't familiar, Longhorn was the codename for the next operating system from Microsoft, now called Vista. When that name came out it was almost universally hated like Wii is.

Also, keep in mind (as has been stated in this thread), Revolution was a codename. Always has been. Just like the Gamecube was codenamed Dolphin.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

The difference between those names are that the project names suck more than the final product name, whereas Revolution sounds infinitely better than Wii. Those codenames needed a name change, and the Revolution felt like it got a name demotion. I don't think the whole commotion would even take place if they changed the name to something to equal or better than the previous one, but not something lesser and somewhat abstract. I think I wouldn't care that much if they replaced it with a number or something, like 361 which is evidently better than 360.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Albator wrote:Well we'll see how you handle your Wii, and how long. 3 hours of Wii might become tiring for the wrist, no? You thought you wouldn't get tired, but long periods of Wii might prove to be draining.
Now imagine if you get to play with your Wii with your friends, the exhaustion...
Best post in this thread.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Hehe a name like that wont help them in any way.

I wonder what fool came up with this name.

"Hey i think Revelution is a lame name lets change it to Wii".....
Gundam_Bobcat
Mastered PM

Post by Gundam_Bobcat »

Heck if I get one, I'll just cut off the two i's and call it the Nintendo W.

Thats just me though.
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

Albator wrote:And you, my friend, probably have your head to deep in his gay ass to see he's alienating you.
And besides, he got a point by meaning that this Wii thing is a huge risk, it's either hit or miss. From a technical point of view and the name as well. I'm personally looking forward to it, I like the concept, but it might turn out to be a disaster.
Was it so much to ask for an actual argument? Yes, he would have had a point. However his point was completely lost in his eight year old insults and typing like he was high on meth.
MournfulWoods
This is my new home

Post by MournfulWoods »

I think I'l lwait to see the games before making my mind about it all. The whole concept of the gamepad seems weird, but if the games are good and the controller isn't difficult to use, I guess it will be good.

I want a new MARIOKART ! \m/ and a Smash Bros. Best Games ever
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

From the very few reports on the 'net of people that have used the controller (without the shell we've mentioned here), they say the learning curve is a couple of minutes at the most. It's very easy to pick up.

We know what sort of games Nintendo will be bringing to the table. With the new Legend of Zelda moving to Wii, that should be good since it'll be a couple years in the making plus another to adapt for Wii. I'm sure we can expect a Super Mario Brothers title at or around launch.

I think one game that would really rock may be Mario Party. The originals are fun, and I enjoy them quite a bit. With the innovation of the controller, the mini games could become a lot more interesting. Not to mention the introduction of physical violence to beat your friends at the game!
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Honestly, I am excited with about Wii coming out, can't share the enthusiasm about the name (or the shape or appearance of the controller, but it'll work, I'm not concerned about its functions). I'll kill for a Mario Kart or Legend of Zelda. I wonder how action games like Resident Evil will work with the controller. Hmm. I'm not too keen on Mario Party, I didn't really enjoy it that much and found my friends stupid for buying 1-3 on the 64. Just one is enough, rest is just milking it dry. I do look forward for Smash Brothers though.

The Fallen
notanewb

Post by The Fallen »

Ok, first of all who gives a sh*& what the name of the system is. If you are that homophobic where you cant play a system because you think the name sounds gay, or you might look gay playing the games, then you need to grow up. Besides, no one looks cool playing video games. No matter who you are or what game you are playing you do not look cool, i guarantee it. Video games are inherantly uncool. Get over it. And god forbid someone focus on new ideas for gameplay instead of just souping up the graphics on their current system and releasing it as a next-gen console.
Greed, Gluttony, Sloth, Envy, Pride, Lust, and Wrath :To you they are the 7 deadly sins, to me they are the very reason of my existence...
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

The Fallen wrote:Besides, no one looks cool playing video games. No matter who you are or what game you are playing you do not look cool, i guarantee it. Video games are inherantly uncool. Get over it.
God bless you.

People that diss on Nintendo for being "kiddie" and then go play MGS or DMC are obviously so much more mature than the rest of us.

Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Femto wrote:
The Fallen wrote:Besides, no one looks cool playing video games. No matter who you are or what game you are playing you do not look cool, i guarantee it. Video games are inherantly uncool. Get over it.
God bless you.

People that diss on Nintendo for being "kiddie" and then go play MGS or DMC are obviously so much more mature than the rest of us.

Of course they're mature... There's gun! And demons! That's soooooo much cooler and inherently badass. :roll:
ImageImage
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

Not to mention FOOTBALL games. Madden 2007, FTW! Now with more realistic sweat drops!