Guild Wars

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I liked diablo. Im off WoW but my brother is still and addict. I would start playing again, cause of the new shit like battle grounds and go aon lots of raids and shit but i dont feel like building my character up. All my friends are already higher levels and ill basicly have to get up there alone.

Been playing ALOT of cs recently though. Im still not back to my prime though. Not even close.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Re: Yeah

Post by Necromancer »

psi29a wrote:
Southpaw wrote:Don't bother with Guild Wars. You will get a max of about 1 month of good gamage before you have done everything you care too. This thing has no damn staying power even if it is fun as hell the first time threw. Go play a real mmo not this pile.
I remember saying to you once that guild wars isn't a true MMORPG. It is like Final Fantasy w/ lots of people in that you play with lots of people through al inear story line.

Stuff like WoW, Evercrack, and UO don't really have a story line... doesn't even classify as a game because there isn't really a winner, it is just a place to Role Play and sometimes kill things to get bigger. There isn't an ending.

And thus... my rain of playing MMORPGs ended in 1999 when I realized that paying someone 10+ bucks a month was crazy, specially when 10 years from now... the company and game could have shut down. that means a 1000 dollars was wasted on a game and you can never get that back.... EVER.
That's why I prefer Freeshards/Server-Emulators. :P
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Southpaw
PIEZOR!

Post by Southpaw »

The hell is freeshard?
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

You would need to many people for a private server of FFXI....only true solo class is beastmaster. Ranger's can kill worms though.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

The Final Fantasy XI private server that is being set up is geared towards soloing. The XP gain is X3, meaning you gain 150-300xp soloing and 360-900xp in a group, and the item drop rate is X2. There are only 100 people that can sign up on the private server. It's being ran over a T3 and should be ready at the end of July.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Southpaw wrote:The hell is freeshard?
A Freeshard is a Free Server, the word came from the first emulated Ultima Online Servers.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

Ayanami wrote:Just say no to MMORPGs Tempest, they are bad for you.
i agree, my friend keeps telling me to by guildwars, but i keep refusing cause i already waste my time as it is, i dont need another game to destroy what littleproductivity i have :P.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Well for anyone that cares, I did get Guild Wars. I got into a Guild with some buddies I used to and still occassionally play Tribes with. My name in there is Gabriel The Tempest, and I'm an Elementalist/Mesmer.
ImageImage
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

You should have made your name, "Gabriel the buzkashi wanabee"
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Buzkashi wrote:You should have made your name, "Gabriel the buzkashi wanabee"
Even if I wanted to, there is a character limit. I tried Gabriel Stormbringer, but it was one letter too long :evil: .
ImageImage
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

? Isnt gabriel stormbringer shorter than gabriel the temptest?
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Nope, it isn't.
Gabriel the Tempest <-> 19 letters
Gabriel Stormbringer <-> 20 letters

But a 19 letters maximum? Why not 20? A little weired.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Desiderus Colwell ranger/mesmer.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I started playing this game a while back, damn Tempest draged me into it. Any who I am Ayanami Hawkwind.