Important Announcement

Evil-Genius' latest information on its current projects: Angel Heart, Biomega, Watanabe, and Zetman.

Moderator: EG Members

Oro
Evil Genius

Important Announcement

Post by Oro »

Lately i have gotten very busy,i got a girl friend,job and exams...leaving me with no time at all and also most of translator are slowly leaving too, that is putting me under lots of pressure,So i have decided to drop BReaction!,ElfenLied,FMA,Mar,NHK,MP0,Biomega and TenTen after our next update.We are STILL doing Berserk and zetman.I am pretty sure someone will pick these drop projects.Sorry that we couldn't continue them and thanks for your support.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

As long as you stay with Berserk I'm satisfied.
You're doing good work after all. And you sacrifice all that time for others.
It may be sad for those who like the dropped mangas, but there are more important things.
I admire all your work. And as I already said take your time.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
calvin
Flexing spam muscles

Post by calvin »

it is indeed a sad day
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Man, that's a lot of projects you're dropping. It is indeed sad, but we won't hold it against you, we understand if you have more important stuff to take care of.

I'm actually glad that you decided not to drop Berserk, as it's the only one I actually read. :D
H Baddawg H
imanewbie

Post by H Baddawg H »

It saddens me to hear that, but its coo. School, girl firend, and work comes first since you are doing this out of your free time. Thanks for the hard work you put in translating the other mangas. But im glad your not dropping berserk and zetman since those are my favorites :D . Although i wished u arnt dropping mars too :(
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Thanks oro, whatever makes life easier for you buddy.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
SniperTak
notanewb

Post by SniperTak »

Everyones got a life i guess. Good luck with yours. By the way, could you tell me where you got the original scans for the comics? Cause if youre dropping i may be able to take over some of the projects....
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Well, it is a sad day for EG :cry: . But I wish you the best of luck for the future Oro. Do well in life and all.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Oro
Evil Genius

Post by Oro »

SniperTak wrote:Everyones got a life i guess. Good luck with yours. By the way, could you tell me where you got the original scans for the comics? Cause if youre dropping i may be able to take over some of the projects....
I can provide you raws but i cant tell you where i get them,just PM me.
Eldo wrote:Well, it is a sad day for EG :cry: . But I wish you the best of luck for the future Oro. Do well in life and all.
Dont make it sound so bad eldo,like i said before i will do berserk and zetman until it ends.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

*Gasps* Oh no! *Sighs* Ah well, it’s okay buddy, I understand. Yeah, I’ve been pretty busy myself lately, especially with having a little girl and all. Well, the news is a bit saddening, especially since I’m a big fan of Tenten and FMA. That’s okay though, because as long as we continue Berserk, I’ll be okay. If we stopped releasing Berserk, I’d probably go insane, heh. :P

Anyway, good luck with all of your endevours. ;)
L8r
imanewbie

Post by L8r »

well as long as you keep Berserk and zetman im happy :twisted:
good luck on your exams and stuff 8)
In the world off the insane, im the only sane one left
Rena Chan
imanewbie

Post by Rena Chan »

Sad to see so many projects dropped.

Actually, I hope if you don't mind me asking. I'm the founder of Eternal, and would like to continue to release FMA, HQ version, from where you guys left off. I was wondering if I could maybe use your translations for whatever chapters that have been released from the magazine scans? I would release it under a joint project with my group if possible.

And maybe we can continue the project joint. What staffers are you missing actually? Maybe I can fill in the holes O_O

Do drop me a reply or something. Thanks.
Laik
This is my new home

Post by Laik »

Ha, I for one am glad to see FMA gone. My days of slaving over those long chapters? Gone.

For real though, I hate to see so many projects dropped (My personal favorites were NHK and BReaction) but nothing is wrong with wanting to spend your free time on better things.

Even if the project count for the group dropped, I'll still edit regardless.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Man, it is just my luck that I get really into Ten Ten and get all caught up, ready for the next chapter, and it gets dropped from EG :cry: . Well I can take solice in the fact that you are still going to do Berserk. :P . Well, it shouldn't be too hard to find somewhere else to get it. Do whatever you got to do keep on Berserkin' Oro!
ImageImage
Oro
Evil Genius

Post by Oro »

Rena Chan wrote:Sad to see so many projects dropped.

Actually, I hope if you don't mind me asking. I'm the founder of Eternal, and would like to continue to release FMA, HQ version, from where you guys left off. I was wondering if I could maybe use your translations for whatever chapters that have been released from the magazine scans? I would release it under a joint project with my group if possible.

And maybe we can continue the project joint. What staffers are you missing actually? Maybe I can fill in the holes O_O

I got everything for FMA... translator,raw scanner,editor and proof reader.What i lack is time to coordinator it,if you can do that i am willing to do a joint with you.
Rena Chan
imanewbie

Post by Rena Chan »

Orochimaru wrote:

I got everything for FMA... translator,raw scanner,editor and proof reader.What i lack is time to coordinator it,if you can do that i am willing to do a joint with you.
What do Coordinator to? I have no idea since I don't have that role in my group. Can I have a job description?
Oro
Evil Genius

Post by Oro »

Rena Chan wrote:
Orochimaru wrote:

What do Coordinator to? I have no idea since I don't have that role in my group. Can I have a job description?
I'll introduce you to my editor,translator and proof reader.Your job is to get the translation from the translator,get it proofed give it to the editor then when he is done back to proof for final check and making sure there is nothing missing and the quality is great.at the end give it to evan for release.this may not sound much but when you do this for 8 or 9 projects it becomes really hard. :?
Laik
This is my new home

Post by Laik »

Yea, it's exactly as he said.

To put it in a rather less confusing way, it is basically making sure everyone is doing what he or she is supposed to do and help make the process of doing a chapter into an actual chapter go smoother.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

In that case, I too offer my services as QA and Coordinator/liaison.

No real reason to drop so many, just means you have to delegate rolls and when you want the position back just ask. :D
Rena Chan
imanewbie

Post by Rena Chan »

Orochimaru wrote:
Rena Chan wrote:
Orochimaru wrote: I got everything for FMA... translator,raw scanner,editor and proof reader.What i lack is time to coordinator it,if you can do that i am willing to do a joint with you.
I'll introduce you to my editor,translator and proof reader.Your job is to get the translation from the translator,get it proofed give it to the editor then when he is done back to proof for final check and making sure there is nothing missing and the quality is great.at the end give it to evan for release.this may not sound much but when you do this for 8 or 9 projects it becomes really hard. :?
Yep. I can do that. Technically, I'm already doing that for my group itself lol, just in a different way, cause you see, I have a Staff Channel for communication among the staff. I also have a Staff FTP, provided by someone, for distro, proofing and script passing.

You can find me at #Eternal@irc.irctoo.net . Although I already am hanging around your channel on irchighway, but due to the recent spam bot attack, I have all PMs on IRCHighway on ignore, so you'll have to look for me at IRCtoo if you want to PM, or just have your staffers or whatever to e-mail me at group's e-mail at eternalmangagroup@yahoo.com

Perhaps you can try to hire some people for coordinating. People who are heads of other manga groups and/or editors would be good choices, since they're most probably already able to do this kind of thing quite easily. I'm an editor myself, and I also QC all the releases for my group, and I'm a bit particular about quality. I am also able to do proofing. (Didn't quite realise she's already into coordinating projects O_O)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I can totally understand where you're coming from Oro, and I agree that delegating some of the work out isn't a bad idea, to maybe hold on to a few more projects, if that's the way we want to go.

Well, I’d be more than happy to continue my services of Quality Checking FMA, or in other words, proofing for grammar and spelling, and even helping the dialogue to flow better. Everyone knows that quality is important to me as well, and I would like to continue seeing how the story progresses. As usual, I would just need someone to provide me with the un-proofed edit of the scans, or the raw with the text translation, and I’ll continue to devote the two or three hours to each chapter that’s required. :P

Yeah, so if I’m still needed, than Oro or someone else in EG can just let me know. If someone I’m unfamiliar with needs to send me the chapter for proofing, just PM me on the board and we can set up some lines of communication and transfer via YIM, MSN, or irc. ;)
Xenta
imanewbie

Post by Xenta »

i can understand your decision very well. i love tenten, so i would like to take over tenten for you. since i don´t have a group on my own, i just want to become one of your "assistents" or whatever =). just tell me what to do and i´ll do it. please send me a pm if you are interested.

by the way, i´d love to do a website for evilgenius. only if you, of course ^^.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I think telling people what to do is a part of the problem. Also, we all ready have a website, so I'm not sure if we're looking to open another *shrugs*.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Well, we do, but it has not been worked on in awhile. Might have to talk with AbsoluteZero and Oro about that.
Lucky-7
imanewbie

Post by Lucky-7 »

All I need are raws and I'll do NSE/Biomega myself (I'd still label em EG)

I have a good translator and I can get an editor anytime.

I JUST NEED THE RAAAAWS