Your Most Anticipated Games

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Arresty wrote:FF8 was the worst. The gameplay sucked. Story was good but gameplay sucked. You had to sit in battles for ever so you could capture magic. :x
I really didn't like Squall all that much. I hated the gameplay, drawing magic was tedious and frustrating at times (when you had to collect 100 of them from the same monster or same type), but I liked the graphics. If FF8 wasn't part of the FF series, I doubt it would be as successful as it is.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I never finished it since it wasnt my game but i did like the story very much and the gameplay was the same as in FF7,FF9,FFX which are the other FF games i have played.

Im gonna try Star Ocean 3 before i give up on RPG's.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yeah I doubt it would have been as successful. Though I know a few people who find its their favorite, and still trying my hardest to figure out why.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I've only played a demo of VIII, but I love Squall's design, and that gun-sword is just badass. It also has what I consider to be the best video game intro of all time. Liberi Fatali is awesome.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

There were some parts of 8 that were really good. Just most of it sucked. I remember somewhere in teh middle was just awesome, I also think it had one of the better stories, but the drawing magic was the worst.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I didn't even know who the main enemy was until Disc 3...only thing I liked from 8 was the card game and the opening. Have more fun watching that then playing the crappy game. I love the tactics.

Another game I'm looking forward to is The "True" Bouncer. Those bastards screwed with the game before it came out and now I can't even jump.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Well the reason that had me playing through to the end was the FMVs. And I also liked Laguna. Sadly, I can't say much on the gameplay...but I enjoyed Zell's limit. That was fun.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

So the hero of FF8 is named Squall? Wasnt he the hero of FF7 or was in both.

The only thing i remember about FF8 except the hero was that i liked Laguna and Zell.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

No I think Cloud was 7. No character is in more than one Final Fantasy except for Cid who is in them all, but he is different in each one, just uses the same name.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

And don't forget about moogles and chocobos, those are also in pretty much every game.

Getting back on topic, another game I forgot to mention is the Megaman X Collection coming out for the PS2 (Gamecube too, I think). It should satisfy my old school gaming needs for a while, at least until I see exactly how that Darkstalkers Collection is going to be.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

nice job spelling anticipated buzkashi :lol: :P :lol:
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

ahahah fool i did that on purpose to see if anyone would notice. You WIN THE PRIZEE!!!! WHOOOO HOOOO WHOOOO HOOOOO !!!! @_@
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Femto wrote:And what the hell is "Anticapated" anyway?
On the very first page. teh priz3 iz m1n3!!11!1
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

! @_@ ... so it is...
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Femto wrote:
Femto wrote:And what the hell is "Anticapated" anyway?
On the very first page. teh priz3 iz m1n3!!11!1
whoopee, good for you femto

and the prize is you can have buzkashi sexually for one night
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Or you could have your choice of state of the art paper bags custom made to put stuff in.

Inside those bags, are even smaller bags. :wink:
dos.azn wrote:and the prize is you can have buzkashi sexually for one night
Remember gents, wear protection. We can't have that nasty STD around, right? :wink: :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

it don't matter, hes afghan, all that bacteria will just eat through the condom anyway :P :lol: :P

i hope you're not really afghan buzkashi cuz then ill feel bad :lol:
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Dont take your anger out on me because you couldn't find a 5xsmall size condom... :wink:

Actually I am afghan. Buzkashi is the national sport of Afghanistan. * wonders if mod powers could come in handy now* *rubs hands together menacingly*
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I googled Buzkashi and what the man said is true, it is the afghan national sport.

As for my prize, I think I deserve something better for the awesome discovery I did so early on. I say we remove all the m0d privileges of dos, Buz, Starnum, and everyone else, even psi, and have me be the all-mighty one for a day.

I'll consider the Buzkashi thing afterwards...
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I was talking with nomad today. I tryed to get him to comeback but i dont think he wants to. He says hes "forsaken" hence the name. *sigh* oh well.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Are you serious?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Yes, yes i am. I wouldnt mind having him back. Though he might already be back in the form of Dominion.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

How the hell did you talk to Nomad? Through what?

dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

you better not bring his ass back

and my apologies for b4 buzkashi
Darnoc
Mastered PM

Post by Darnoc »

I would kill in order to get my hands on these games:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R (how long have they postponed this for chris'sakes!)
Jade Empire
Neverwinter Nights 2
Morrowind: Oblivion
On March 2006 Ajattara strikes back... damn... still 4 months
Itse---Kuolema---Tyhjyys---Apare