Your Most Anticipated Games

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Your Most Anticipated Games

Post by Buzkashi »

What games have you been desperatly yearning for lately. Me?, well ive been waiting for Kingdom hearts 2 and a new Shenmue game. ( i dont think ill be seeing a new shenmue for a lil while though)
Last edited by Buzkashi on Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

MGS3,DMC3 cause i havent bought them yet

Pro Evolution Soccer 5
NBA Street vol 3
Mercenaries
The Godfather-dont know if it gonna be good but still
Starcraft with the girl cant remember the name right now cause it has very long since i heard anything about.

I have been waiting for Shenmue even since i heard there were making one and even if it takes years until i see it, im looking forward to it very very much!
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

There aren't a lot of good games coming out soon. I'd say the ones I'm looking forward to the most are Kingdom Hearts II, Resident Evil 4 (for the PS2, don't own a Gamecube) and Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum... Maybe Makai Kingdom could fit somewhere in that list too.

I'm also curious to see how Stella Deus, Dragon Quest VIII and the new Castlevania are gonna be like.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I was yearning for RE4 and WoW for a while....but..... THEN I GOT THEM MUAHAHAH!!!
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Libaax wrote: Starcraft with the girl cant remember the name right now cause it has very long since i heard anything about.
You mean Starcraft Ghost.

I'm looking for amored core formula front(in america....), my psp, jade empire, and Digital Devil Saga.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

In Starcraft Ghost do you play the part of Kerrigan?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Freedom Force Third Reich, Black and White 2, KOTOR 2, Jade Empire, Dungeon Siege 2...etc....

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah i meant Starcraft Ghost

Im also looking forward to Jade Empire,Top Spin 2

MGAcid,DMC these games are for PSP.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Southpaw
PIEZOR!

Post by Southpaw »

Fallout 3 by Bethesda
Morrowind: Oblivion
Guildwars
Hearts of Iron 2

MMM... Fallout so very soon I can taste it. By the way I thought Starcraft: Ghost was on indefinite hold? Did Blizzard change their mind and continue work on it?
Concealed_Rage
imanewbie

Post by Concealed_Rage »

Splinter Cell 3 and Doom 3
"He appeared right in front of me, and he wasn't a demon... but what looked like a human. As if he'd been yanked from before into the present unchanged. I gazed at him and for a second... I forgot to kill him."
- Guts from Berserk
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Dude someone picked up Fallout 3. That is awsome.

Final Fantansy XII
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I'm actually not that excited about Final Fantasy anymore. I guess it was the moment I saw the designs of the main characters for XII... It's Final Fantasy X all over again in that department. I'm also too tired of all these whiny, blonde male characters in Final Fantasy games. What the hell happened to the Terras, Cecils and Squalls?

I might still buy it though, just for novelty's sake, but I'm definately more interested in Dragon Quest VIII right now.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Dragon Quest VIII does look good. Especially the anime style graphics. Also it will be the first fully 3D game in the series. Should be good.

As for Final Fantasy XII, I am still looking forward to it. Story wise they have yet to let me down, and that is one of the main reasons I play. Also graphically it looks like its a giant leap forward from 10 which was just amazing so it should be a visual treat.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Arresty wrote:Also graphically it looks like its a giant leap forward from 10 which was just amazing so it should be a visual treat.
graphics whore.....

I'm more curious to see how the gameplay stands up to other action RPGs like Star Ocean or the Tales series that have been innovating their respective battle systems for years now. From what I've heard, the FFXII system seems pretty basic...

And what the hell is "Anticapated" anyway?
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

You can call me a graphics whore, but in reality I find its one of the lesser important parts of a game to me. Some of my favorite games ever are text based or old school Nintendo and stuff. Even newer games I like ones that are overly impressive graphically. Though to play a game with extraordinary graphics is always a treat, but if it doesn't have game play or story to go with it I generally won't play it. Story probably being the most important.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I was kidding man, don't take it so seriously.

Gameplay is the most important thing for me though, but it's graphics, music and story that can make a good game a great one. But this also falls on the opinion category. A game like The Last Blade 2 has great gameplay (even if a bit unbalanced) and it is beautiful to look at. Couple that with an excellent atmosphere and awesome music, and you've got what is arguably one of my favorite games of all times.

I don't think that one should buy games for the story though. Games are to be played. That being said, I did buy Xenosaga Ep. II mainly for the story, so it all depends really.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I think story and gameplay is most important in a game. I mean playing Snake in MGS game is so great cause it feels like you are the star of cool action movie cause the story and the gameplay are the best in those games.

While in a fighting game or sport game its all about gameplay,who cares about story in street fighter,SC,MK etc.
yupachups
notanewb

Re: Your Most Anticapated Games

Post by yupachups »

Buzkashi wrote:What games have you been desperatly yearning for lately. Me?, well ive been waiting for Kingdom hearts 2 and a new Shenmue game. ( i dont think ill be seeing a new shenmue for a lil while though)
Yes : Shenmue 3, the next Ngc zelda..
i'm Here !!
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Libaax wrote:I think story and gameplay is most important in a game. I mean playing Snake in MGS game is so great cause it feels like you are the star of cool action movie cause the story and the gameplay are the best in those games.

While in a fighting game or sport game its all about gameplay,who cares about story in street fighter,SC,MK etc.
Yeah that is true. Some games you want story others you want something different. I mean I generally big on story, but my favorite series of all time would be civilization which has no story to it at all. Just awesome gameplay and great replay value.

Also Femto, I didn't take offense to it, I was just stating what I mainly look for in a game.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Final Fantasy 12 better be good it has Matsuno. Hopefully he gets drunk and doesn't pull another Tactics Advance, shit tactics was the best!

Oh and Squall and Cecil are homosexuals hehehe! Well at least Squall is because that boy just needs to die with his game.

P.S. I don't hate you just those two and Rosa.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I never really liked the Final Fantasy games. I just prefer to be able to controll my attacks. The game of that type of game play that i last enjoyed was probably Pokemon Blue edition :P
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Malvado wrote:Final Fantasy 12 better be good it has Matsuno. Hopefully he gets drunk and doesn't pull another Tactics Advance, shit tactics was the best!

Oh and Squall and Cecil are homosexuals hehehe! Well at least Squall is because that boy just needs to die with his game.

P.S. I don't hate you just those two and Rosa.
What the hell is wrong with 2? That's the first game I played in my whole life. I hated those twins, though. I called one 'Dick', and the other 'Head'.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I liked four but I disliked the characters in it. Rosa should never be able to leave her house ever again and you know it. The best character in that game was Cid or Edge(actually the guy that killed his parents was cooler).
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Buzkashi wrote:I never really liked the Final Fantasy games. I just prefer to be able to controll my attacks. The game of that type of game play that i last enjoyed was probably Pokemon Blue edition :P
Thats why i dont like games like FF i liked FF8 cause the hero was cool but the rest i cant take 50+ hours and meet the same enemys all the time even if FMV are amazing in FF games.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

FF8 was the worst. The gameplay sucked. Story was good but gameplay sucked. You had to sit in battles for ever so you could capture magic. :x