~Moviez Of 2k5~

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

You mean Lord of War? with Nicholas Cage? Thats a good movie...
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Crap, "Lord off war".
Haha, I jumped right into that one. "Man off war".. Bah. Isnt that like a band from the 80´s thats named that come to think off it?

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

A guy at work said that Domino was amazing. But I hate that guy...
Saiyah
This is my new home

Post by Saiyah »

.... Looks like we won't be taking his word for it then.
Nah, It's not true.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I will probably go see a few movies on sunday. If you havent seen it by then, I will let you know if its worth your time.
Saiyah
This is my new home

Post by Saiyah »

*sigh*

I'll be swamped with work for a week, I just found out. So don't let me down.
Nah, It's not true.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Saiyah wrote:
loeviz wrote:"Four brothers", with Mark Whalberg. it wasnt that good, but theyve made it so it couldve might as well been an animated movie.

Ahem, this movie was STINKER, almost made me cringe as much as charlie and the chocolate factory. What a disappointment. It's cool how people repel down the walls in the projects makes the inevitable "Swat Raid" all the more fun when trying to escape. Don't watch this movie ... to late for Loeviz :P
I should stab your eyes out. That was a great movie. I don't see what white people have aganist it!! It was made very clever for a movie "in the ghetto" they could just have it gone with every motherfucker shooting one another without reason. All the twist in turns made it pretty fun to watch and the violence added to the greatness. You sir/madam are the STINKER.
Saiyah
This is my new home

Post by Saiyah »

Malvado wrote:I should stab your eyes out. That was a great movie. I don't see what white people have aganist it!!

I'll keep my eyes thank you, and I should spit in your face, I'm not white. Its not cool to make ignorant statements like that until you actually know something about someone, and for that, you are a dumb ass..
Malvado wrote:It was made very clever for a movie "in the ghetto"

In what way? It was a shameless bore One of those crude predictable movies people of taste hate to see. I left the theater feeling cheated and for that reason I still maintain, the movie is a STINKER. Movies like Menace II Society holds more replay value/ enjoyablility then this "who shot my mama?!" string of shit.
Malvado wrote:All the twist in turns made it pretty fun to watch and the violence added to the greatness.

... I swear. Do me a favor. Put your hands together twirl your thumbs, Look at them, going round and round. The same stimulation and enjoyment you get from that is the exact same you get from watching this, but as an added bonus you get;

Bad acting
An unrealistic story line
poor character development
Bad sound track
malvado wrote:You sir/madam are the STINKER.

Seriously, right about now, the only shit smell around here, is seeping from you.
Last edited by Saiyah on Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nah, It's not true.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Haha, I like how he assumed you were white. Why do they always do that?
Saiyah
This is my new home

Post by Saiyah »

Probably because he thinks that white people are the only race who don't enjoy boring ghetto melodramas.

Melvado is a dipshit IMO.
Nah, It's not true.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Man the scenes i have seen from that movie bore so i dont think i will waste me time with it.

The only good "ghetto" movies were the comedy ones like Friday,Ghettoblaster,we need more like that not ones like Four Brothers.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Nooo. I love "Menace 2 society"

Ill never forget the line they say when theyre highjacking the car
"Brake yourself nigger"

Edit: I also love "Friday"
I was laughing my ass off the first time I saw it... Still do :P

Saiyah
This is my new home

Post by Saiyah »

I was comparing it to movies like that Menace II Society is one of my favorite moves. It's even on my HD now.
Nah, It's not true.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Anybody else but me that thought that "Star wars episode 3" sucked big time?
I wanna scratch my eyes out right about now... Such a waste off time.

"Its all gone Pete Tong" was acutally better then I expected. The soundtrack also has 3-4 good tracks on it.

Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Yeah, I didn't like Star Wars Episode 3 that much either. It's like I mentioned before. When the visuals get better everything else gets worse.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Saiyah
This is my new home

Post by Saiyah »

I though episode three was okay, nothing special though. There was something wrong with it that iI can't seem to put into words.

Reality, I never did like the guy they got to play Anikan. He was boring and extra stiff. Plus, that movie left some things unasnwered, things you would have to read the book to find out about. Kind of like anime to manga.
Nah, It's not true.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Yeah he sucked as Anakin. Cant really see what the big fuss was about that Hayden Christensen or whatever his name is.

Saiyah
This is my new home

Post by Saiyah »

There is a big fuss about him? Never knew that.

Maybe he's a smack addict, that would probably be resposible for the bad acting job(s), he's a little too ... one dimensional IMO.

- I've seen him in "Life as a house" or some title like that. He acts EXACTLY the same as he does in the star wars movies. I prefer staying animated like in clone wars. (The star wars shorts on cartoon network.)
Nah, It's not true.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

That guy will forever be known as the guy that killed Star Wars.

I like the old ones but with actors like this Hayden guy the new ones are boring as hell.

About ghetto movies i liked Boys in the hood and that Spike Lee where himself has the starring role,cant remember the new right now.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

Hmmm...well, I loved Ep3, but I'm a Star Wars fan. So you may say my opinions are biased, but I HATE Lucas and what he did to the prequels. Still, let's go:

- Hayden was bad in Ep2. Some scenes, like the one where his mother died, he was much better than normal. But, I must say, it's not actor's fault.
- Hayden was good (yes, you may hate me) in Ep3. Remember...all the fault goes to Lucas, who's the WORST ACTORS DIRECTOR of all time. Man, for god's sake, Natalie Portman won a oscar (or was nominated for one) for Closer, and that scene where she's brushing her hair? She scaries me!!! That is not acting, believe me. But I know is not their fault...
- Now, compare Hayden to Mark Hammil or Carrie Fisher...they were at least TWICE worst. Hayden is a good actor, but Lucas can't direct shit. He has a great imaginative power, he has an incredible company of special effects, but in the end, it's acting that save a movie.

Wanna know things I hate about SW:Ep3? How things are rushed. Man, Padmé is pregnant, then *BAN* she has a son, *BAN* she has a daughter, *BAN* she's dead. And what about that ridiculous robot saying "She lost the will to live"? How the heck can a robot know that? Oh, and Palpatine. He was so great, and his machinations were so cool, but his fight and faces were simply too much to hold...I hated when he appeared in this movie :(

Anyway, I should move this to the Rants thread :D
Saiyah
This is my new home

Post by Saiyah »

Khelegond wrote:And what about that ridiculous robot saying "She lost the will to live"? How the heck can a robot know that?

A more important question would be how do you die just because "you lose the will to live"? I could see if they said, "she lost too much blood"or "there was some kind of internal tearing."or maybe even "damn, guys Anikan beat her up pretty bad." But, "lost the will to live." that was a whack line in the movie I agree. But the all time killers were;

Vader: Where's Padme?

Palpatine: It seem that in your rage .... you killed her.

Vader: (the oh so cheesy) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

That was so ridicules to see and hear, I guess your right, Lucas fucked up all three of the prequels.
Nah, It's not true.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

I never thought Elijah Wood could play a hooligan, but he sure could.
"Green street hooligans" was awesome. A must see movie
Last edited by Loeviz on Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saiyah
This is my new home

Post by Saiyah »

Meh, that dude is versatile, He was good as "Kevin the creep." In Sin City.

Blah, he should had played Anikan :cry:
Nah, It's not true.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

No, then he couldnt have played Frodo :?

Saiyah
This is my new home

Post by Saiyah »

And thats bad because ...?

I don't know why but I've always compared lord of the rings to berserk and for some reason, I just don't like it. I like the first one and the second one Kind of, but the third ones anti climatic ending (when the big eye ball falls over) lett way to much to be desired, IMO.

--- then again, lucas would had probably directed him wrong and ruined his reputation as a "good" acctor.
Nah, It's not true.