Which do you prefer: The manga or the anime? Why?

Evil-Genius' latest information on its current projects: Angel Heart, Biomega, Watanabe, and Zetman.

Moderator: EG Members

Which do you prefer: The manga or the anime?

Manga
62%
Anime
38%

Total votes: 29

Ishi-dono
Mastered PM

Which do you prefer: The manga or the anime? Why?

Post by Ishi-dono »

Sorry the 1st topic here is so lame, but it had to be something. :? Please refrain from insults. (Well, the Berserk section didn't really get off to a wonderful start either, :D) I prefer the anime because movement adds a wonderful quality.
Last edited by Ishi-dono on Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Manga.. Because im farther on it :P
Last edited by Buzkashi on Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

I can honestly say I have'n't read all of teh manga chapters so I can't really say... >_>
ImageImage
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh, I prefer the manga for sure. The story is just tighter (and I don't mean that as a slang word). Seriously, it’s just put together better. Once the anime started to deviate from the manga, it lost some of its momentum. Don't get me wrong; they did an excellent job. I've never seen an anime change the plot from the manga so much, and still pull it off, but they did. However, I still think that Arisawa's original plot is a bit better.

By the way, I don't think this is a bad thread at all. ;)
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

s'all gravy
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

I agree, This isn't a bad thread
ImageImage
Erzengel
imanewbie

Post by Erzengel »

I think we should postpone this poll until the manga is finished.
At this time I can't decide which one is better although the mange seems to have a deeper storyline.
Dark_Zilo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Dark_Zilo »

i decided on the anime (the movement adds a lot of quality) but i only had i few glimpses on the manga
need to get it but not at this time
i can't wait for the movie though
The most beautiful thing in life is life itself
Get bitten by me
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

Dark_Zilo wrote:i decided on the anime (the movement adds a lot of quality) but i only had i few glimpses on the manga
need to get it but not at this time
i can't wait for the movie though
Yea, I can't wait to see the movie. It should be interesting
ImageImage
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

You know what they say.....

'The book is always better!'

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Dark_Zilo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Dark_Zilo »

but there is alwyas an exception right Eldo??
i need to get so many stuff that i can't even decide from where to begin
(someone once told me to start from the beginning :lol: )
The most beautiful thing in life is life itself
Get bitten by me
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

You know what im looking forward to...

The game
Laik
This is my new home

Post by Laik »

Interestingly enough, I prefer the anime to the manga in this instance. While neither one of them are bad in any aspect to me, I guess I just like the anime better since I really liked to see the characters in motion and the voices weren't bad at all.

I stopped reading the manga at around chapter 19 or something like that so my opinion will probably change later.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

In the anime they kinda got Ed acting like a pussy though, like the episode with Barry the Butcher . I mean com on. Even without his arm isnt he really good at martial arts and what not. And doesnt he know how to kick?
Pergatory
Mastered PM

Post by Pergatory »

Has the manga past the anime yet? well i'm not saying it will or wont but i hope it does
The Sea At Night Time Makes Me Shiver...If You Stare At It...It Feelis Like You'll Get Swallowed...Into The Depth Of This Dark Wave... Image
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Pergatory wrote:Has the manga past the anime yet? well i'm not saying it will or wont but i hope it does

Yea its far past the anime.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Buzkashi wrote:In the anime they kinda got Ed acting like a pussy though, like the episode with Barry the Butcher . I mean com on. Even without his arm isnt he really good at martial arts and what not. And doesnt he know how to kick?
Thank you, that's an excellent point. I'm surprised that you're the one who made it, good work. Seriously though, Ed is a bad ass. There's no way he could go through Izumi's training and then act like that. He'd have kicked that loser's ass regardless. Besides they totally fucked up more than a couple of things in the anime. It was just weird how they made some of the stuff that happens in the present, actually happen in the flashback in the anime, like the train incident. Oh, and don’t even get me started on having Ed use Alchemy Circles after they’d attempted Human Transmutation. That’s just blatantly wrong!

Also, what's with saying that the anime is better than the manga because of animation and voice acting? Since when do those things out weight what's really important, you know, plot.

Sorry Buzkashi, but you turned around and screwed up. To bad too, especially after making such a good point. How can you say the manga is "past" the anime, when they separate from each other and become too completely different things? Even if that weren't the case, it still wouldn't be passed the anime. The anime has 51 episodes, but as far as I've seen, there are only 43 chapters that have been released. On top of that, they haven't even uncovered the mystery of the Philosopher's Stone yet. Who knows what that will be in the manga though?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

The anime is one of my favs and im thinking of reading the manga.

I have two question, i heard that the anime doesnt follow the manga anymore after ep 26 is it true and how long is the manga or isnt over yet?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Starnum wrote:
Buzkashi wrote:In the anime they kinda got Ed acting like a pussy though, like the episode with Barry the Butcher . I mean com on. Even without his arm isnt he really good at martial arts and what not. And doesnt he know how to kick?
Thank you, that's an excellent point. I'm surprised that you're the one who made it, good work. Seriously though, Ed is a bad ass. There's no way he could go through Izumi's training and then act like that. He'd have kicked that loser's ass regardless.
Well, I have to disagree with you on that point Starnum. You forgot at that time Ed is a thirteen year old kid who has no experience in KILLING and SLICING at that point. It's only natural for a kid to have a scared shitless response when he finds out that can Barry kills with no remorse, while he is quite the opposite. Despite the training, you cannot beat the psychological thought that 'I'm gonna die if I don't kill him...but I never killed anyone in my life'. See, even with the training, it's not possible for him to have a decent fight when his arm and leg has gone all numb. Yes he would kick his arse NOW, since he has gathered more experience...see how he 'killed' the homunculus who resembled his mother? And did I mention he was a KID a the time :P ? While he had recieved training, he knows that he can't be killed there...but in a real life situation it's another matter all together.

It's much like a police officer who fires the first shot and kills someone. While they are trained at shooting and are responsible with the firearm, they have to live with the fact they are obliged to take lives when required - and it becomes second nature to them later. While you can train the body, you cannot train the mind...unless you live through the experience.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Good points Eldo!

When i saw Ed freak out in that scene in the anime,it was natural to me that he would act like that in that situation, it would be lame if he didnt become scared like that.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Starnum wrote:
Thank you, that's an excellent point. I'm surprised that you're the one who made it, good work. Seriously though, Ed is a bad ass. There's no way he could go through Izumi's training and then act like that. He'd have kicked that loser's ass regardless. Besides they totally fucked up more than a couple of things in the anime. It was just weird how they made some of the stuff that happens in the present, actually happen in the flashback in the anime, like the train incident. Oh, and don’t even get me started on having Ed use Alchemy Circles after they’d attempted Human Transmutation. That’s just blatantly wrong!

Also, what's with saying that the anime is better than the manga because of animation and voice acting? Since when do those things out weight what's really important, you know, plot.

Sorry Buzkashi, but you turned around and screwed up. To bad too, especially after making such a good point. How can you say the manga is "past" the anime, when they separate from each other and become too completely different things? Even if that weren't the case, it still wouldn't be passed the anime. The anime has 51 episodes, but as far as I've seen, there are only 43 chapters that have been released. On top of that, they haven't even uncovered the mystery of the Philosopher's Stone yet. Who knows what that will be in the manga though?

Sorry about the misclarifaction there. See for me I never downloaded the anime episodes. I watched like 5 of em on Cartoon Network. So naturally I wasnt thinking strait when i said that because if forgot that it came out in Japan first. And there was a lot of episodes to Download.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

I dont really read much Manga, so the Anime.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Laik
This is my new home

Post by Laik »

Ah, I believe you took my line about the voice acting and such the wrong way. Not only those things, but I feel the anime gives more life to the characters than the manga. Of course it's my opinion but I'm just saying.

For example, Edward is badass no doubt about that but the way he acted proved futher insight into his character that caused me to like him as a character and the anime so much more. I'm not saying that the manga didn't do the same, it's just that the anime captivated me so much more.
Sherry86
imanewbie

Post by Sherry86 »

manga. Ed is more evil minded in there. :D Anime was nice but... it can never be compared to the orginal idea from the mangaka... at least for these series...
Shade
This is my new home

Post by Shade »

I prefer the manga by far.
I think its stupid how different the anime is to the manga.
And that anime ending WTF!!!

The manga is awesome... way awesome
Poor hughes. He got his revenge from the grave though... even if it was on the wrong person >_>
~http://www.thecenternetwork.com/forum/~