First Revolution Screenshots!

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

First Revolution Screenshots!

Post by Femto »

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/sh ... php?t=9467

A gun game for the console was an obvious choice, so no surprise there.

I'm sure the graphics are a lot better than most expected though.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

damn i just saw this too...

so i get to play a shooting game with a stick.... ooo star trek style shooting.

for some reason i dont believe those graphics until i see a movie. But still why dont they give me a gun? I WANT A GUN!
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I am sure they will come out with a gun. I dont even believe videos, I'll believe it when I actually play the game.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Samba de Amigo on Revolution.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Hot.

I definitely did not think the graphics would look that good.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Looks Sweet.

I still don't know about that controller. I just can't see it being that incredibly useful with anything besides FPS games.
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Tempest wrote:Looks Sweet.

I still don't know about that controller. I just can't see it being that incredibly useful with anything besides FPS games.
Surprisingly, my views on Nintendo have turned almost 180 degrees over the last few months.

I think they have the right mindset about all this and I really hope they succeed. I'm buying a Revolution for sure.

On the other hand, I've become more uncertain about Sony's future. Basically, if Blu-Ray flops, so will the PS3, and every proprietary format Sony has put out has failed (UMD on it's way out), so yeah.

Microsoft still sucks as usual.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Femto wrote:On the other hand, I've become more uncertain about Sony's future. Basically, if Blu-Ray flops, so will the PS3, and every proprietary format Sony has put out has failed (UMD on it's way out), so yeah.

I completely agree. The whole Blue Ray thing is a mistake and UMD was a gimmick with no lasting power. The PS3 is so damn uncertain and I really have no confidence in the machine to pick one up. Revolution is a sure bet for me though.
kccttzj
imanewbie

Post by kccttzj »

I don't really know what I expected as far as graphics go, since the controller and gameplay has always been of more interest to me.

I don't know about Sony and that whole Blu-Ray thing either. Microsoft is supporting HD-DVD now though (from what I've heard), so I'm wondering what's going to happen there too. I guess we'll just have to see.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

I've owned a Playstation 2 and Gamecube, never went for the Xbox. I have to say I'm certainly going for the Revolution first when it comes out. I might get a Playstation 3 at a later date after it's initial release, but certainly not looking forward to it nearly as much as the Revolutions release.

Nothing like allowing me to download old Sega Genesis games and playing them on my Revolution. Not to mention the games that will be specifically made for the newest console.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Wow, could you play roms and stuff on the Revolution? I never really knew anything about it, or the specs of it.

I do like the revolution over all the rest of the consoles...but if the Xbox 360 could be hax0red, I think I might give that a shot.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Post by Wandering_Mystic »

Eldo, you didn't know about the whole virtual console thing the Revolution will have? It's one if its major selling points for the moment besides the controller deal. Basically, the Rev will be able to play ANY nintendo console game (NES, SNES, N64) which you can download through their service for a small fee. They recently announced that choice picks from the Genesis/Megadrive and the Turbo Graphix 16 (sp?)/PC engine(japanese name for the system) will also be available and playable. Very exciting stuff, for me at least.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Wandering_Mystic wrote:Eldo, you didn't know about the whole virtual console thing the Revolution will have? It's one if its major selling points for the moment besides the controller deal. Basically, the Rev will be able to play ANY nintendo console game (NES, SNES, N64) which you can download through their service for a small fee. They recently announced that choice picks from the Genesis/Megadrive and the Turbo Graphix 16 (sp?)/PC engine(japanese name for the system) will also be available and playable. Very exciting stuff, for me at least.
wait a sec... did i hear this right? i gonna have to pay for roms? why would i want to pay for old games, that i most likely have already...?
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Post by Wandering_Mystic »

My understanding is that it would probably cost within the range of free to a few dollars at most. I think from a business perspective, it would be kind of a stretch for them to offer their entire oldskool library for free. (Of course, if you have the games already, then there is little need for you to even download them and use them on the Revolution...) Really this is to re-introduce thousands of old games to a younger generation who has likely never played them, as well as for the older generation who no longer have access to those games of their past (maybe they sold their old systems, gave them away at some point, etc).

What is still unknown to me is whether I can use any of the roms I have already downloaded and still have them work and be recognized by the Virtual Console built into the Rev.

But honestly, if the game roms only costed like a dollar or two to obtain, and especially if they are not among the more popularly available roms that you can find on the net, I really wouldn't mind paying that miniscule price for a ticket into nostalgia.

The other interesting potential of this system, however, is that it should be possible for people to develop games for any of those systems independently, at least on a theoretical level. I am a bit fuzzy whether I remember correctly if Ninty stated that they will support independant studios who make games for the Virtual Console, but it would fit with their present philosophy...
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Wandering_Mystic wrote:Eldo, you didn't know about the whole virtual console thing the Revolution will have? It's one if its major selling points for the moment besides the controller deal. Basically, the Rev will be able to play ANY nintendo console game (NES, SNES, N64) which you can download through their service for a small fee. They recently announced that choice picks from the Genesis/Megadrive and the Turbo Graphix 16 (sp?)/PC engine(japanese name for the system) will also be available and playable. Very exciting stuff, for me at least.
Actually, I knew about the backward compatibility, but I didn't really know it was via roms and all.

The only other thing I knew was that the controller looks like a sex toy, which is why I might buy it for my ex-girlfriend.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Saiyah
This is my new home

Post by Saiyah »

I had no idea about the rom feature, I bet it would kind of cool for games on n64.

On the other hand I seriously doubt I could get used to using that kind of controller to play any game on snes ... besides a FPS that you needed the superscope for. I think I'd buy a Revolution because I'm curious to see it work with different types of games, I'm not a shooter person so I haven't seen anything impressive yet.
Nah, It's not true.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

The revolution's controller will supposedly also have an attachment that makes it function like a normal controller. So playing an SNES game with the attachment on it would eliminate any misconceptions of there being an awkward control setup for certain types of games.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

The controler is the only reason not to buy a Rev. Motion sensors are not the most acurate devices to use for such an important part of the console.

I couldnt imagine the fustration that controler is going to cause... I bet it is like playing that motion sensor yoshi game for the GameBoy :evil: and that my friends was the definition of a bad game Idea :evil:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Yea but, as i implied, not all games are gonna use the motion sensor.

There's a plastic shell casing that can make the controller look and function normally. So for example lets take a fighting game. The creators wouldnt utilize the motion sensor technology for the game since i can't see much use for it other than scrolling through the menus.

I'm not sure if this "shell" is gonna be packaged with the system or not, though.