Tennis

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Tennis

Post by Libaax »

Am i the only that like Tennis and are watching the Australien Open.

If you like tennis lets talk about the tennis in general and Australien Open.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Well, I watch the tennis mute because the commentators are a bunch of arseholes. They sometimes have subtle racism remarks.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
mrJotaan
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by mrJotaan »

Tennis can be pretty exciting to watch, I'm glad you didn't start a thread about golf or curling, then I'd have to say you have no taste in sports.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

mrJotaan wrote:Tennis can be pretty exciting to watch, I'm glad you didn't start a thread about golf or curling, then I'd have to say you have no taste in sports.
I'm glad nobody started a thread about lawn bowls... :wink:

But that gives me an idea... 8)

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Then i have a great taste in sport since curling and golf is the only sports i dont like.

So which player do you think will win the open? Eldo let me geuss Hewitt;)

I think Federer and Venus will win this year,they are my favs players so i hope they win.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Dark_Zilo

Post by Dark_Zilo »

my favorite is Agassi
although Federer & Hewitt also play very well and can win this one
in the women department venus is the most serious candidate to win
her play almost seems like a male performance (strong strokes and excellent footwork)
i disagree with you concerning lame sports.
every sport is good provided that it's played well

my fav sport (outside football - aka soccer in the us) now is snooker
Ronnie is returning to his former self and playing high qualities breaks
sorry for the off topic but this one i had to say
The most beautiful thing in life is life itself
Get bitten by me
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Hope that Johansson that is playing Lopes right now loses his game or Agassi will lose agianst him.

I disagree about every sport being good if played well.

Ronnie if you mean Ronaldo he sucks now compared to 5,6 years ago.

He livs on right now of his speed and instinct for goal.
Dark_Zilo

Post by Dark_Zilo »

Ronnie means Ronnie O'Sullivan - probably the best snooker player ever
i agree with you about Ronaldo but he still can score about 30 goals a season so i don't really care about his current abilities. a player like him is fit for every squad
Get bitten by me
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

No I like Safin...it's the fire that's in him that makes him interesting. I don't really mind Hewitt, he's a good player, but not great.

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I feel sad when i see Ronaldo cause before his injuries he was one of the best ever in the game now there are many strikers better than.

Its sucks being Hewitt trying to win his home grand slam but he isnt good enough.

Safin is good and he is the only one that can spoil for Federer.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Libaax wrote:I feel sad when i see Ronaldo cause before his injuries he was one of the best ever in the game now there are many strikers better than.

Its sucks being Hewitt trying to win his home grand slam but he isnt good enough.

Safin is good and he is the only one that can spoil for Federer.
Hewitt is only good for endurance matches. That was a good match between James Blake and him. If you have someone like Federer or Safin who serves powerful aces and has better skills against Hewitt, then naturally Hewitt would lose. Although sometimes there's miracles....like that match with Hewitt against Sampras....and the other one with Agassi...

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

To bad for Hewitt that miracles doesnt happen so often,speciely not against players like Federer and Safin.

Yeah Johansson won despite a leg injury, for the first time in a decade there is swedish player who can win a grand slam,halleluya:D
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Libaax wrote:To bad for Hewitt that miracles doesnt happen so often,speciely not against players like Federer and Safin.
Yeah...my money's not on Hewitt either, although it would be quite a match to watch.

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Maybe it would be a fun game against Safin cause he is weak mentaly,when he is in a slump,he gives away many points but Federer would outclass him Hewitt 10 times of 10.
Dark_Zilo

Post by Dark_Zilo »

Agassi will win this year (at least he's my bet)
i bilieve that his greatest rival now is Federer
Get bitten by me
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Well we will se if agassi can win against the swedish hope first on sunday.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

i like watching tennis reruns of back in the day when mcenroe used to flip out like crazy over bad calls n stuff

oh, the good ol' days :lol:
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

dos.azn wrote:i like watching tennis reruns of back in the day when mcenroe used to flip out like crazy over bad calls n stuff

oh, the good ol' days :lol:
heh, I expect those things to happen to Safin :P

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Agassi should really thank Johansson.

The guy made 51 aces, a world record!!!

and 96 winners against Agassi 20 something but he also made 66 unforced errors against Agassis 13.....
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

i havent kept up with tennis recently, is agassi still a top 10 seed?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

dos.azn wrote:i havent kept up with tennis recently, is agassi still a top 10 seed?
I believe he's 8th seed. Since it's live in Australia....

I don't watch it much though.

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

When kids play tennis at my school when ever theyre about to hit the ball I go " *UGHH* ( u no like how the girl tennis players always go when the hit) :wink:
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Buzkashi wrote:When kids play tennis at my school when ever theyre about to hit the ball I go " *UGHH* ( u no like how the girl tennis players always go when the hit) :wink:
I remember how Seles would scream everytime she hits the ball, and that would aggravate the opponent (and me as well). I miss her shriek...

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Dont you guys think dirty thaughts when you hear some of thier screams......
Draelnar
imanewbie

Post by Draelnar »

>_> lol

hehe anyways, i rly hope Agassi wins too! I admire his determination to still keep on playing and to try himself against new generation tennis players :D
Wisdom is knowing that you know nothing - Socrates

There is nothing to fear than fear itself - F. D. Roosevelt

What is greater than God, More evil than the devil, The poor have it,
The rich don't need it, And if you eat it, you'll die?