Blessed by wiki-pedia!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Blessed by wiki-pedia!

Post by psi29a »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berserk

I updated the Berserk wiki-pedia page to include a link to http://www.evil-genius.us/

Anyone care to help make an Evil_Genius wiki-pedia page? :D
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Heh, cool. I'll be willing to edit the EG wiki page... :wink:

I did a entry for 'lurkpanda', but that got taken down in 10 minutes.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
panasonic
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by panasonic »

rofl, wut did u put in it?
"Education is the foundation upon which you build your entire lust for cash"-Onizuka

http://www.striporama.com/edits/main.html
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

I'd write articles and things for a wiki. I'm a Gaming/PC News Editor after all.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I can't find the EG link. :\
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

It's there, near the bottom of the page.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Ah, yes, I see it now. >_>
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

Hm. Nice page, colors are easy on the eye. Love it.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Huh, it's the normal wikipedia after all. You didn't know the great all-knowing wikipedia? :)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
*Sorrow*
imanewbie

Post by *Sorrow* »

ya your telling me
hadi
This is my new home

Post by hadi »

that is great! in the end I read the whole page :D
some of the things mentioned were unknown to me :P
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

Post by InsaneNoodlyGuy »

Are you sure it's a good idea to actually state you do torrents on such a public place? It is a partially liscensed manga and all.
Meow! Meow! Meow! Cat chow!! Cease your flatulent winds and hear my mind numbing expulsions of wicked noise!! Grrr!! Cheese!!!
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

InsaneNoodlyGuy wrote:It is a [...] liscensed manga and all.
What do you mean, "partially"?
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Maybe he meant actual. :P
And doing torrents and other p2p doesn't mean anything bad (if there is no illegal relation). :P
donny
imanewbie

Post by donny »

I think he is speaking of the DarkHorse volumes, but as far as I know there isn't anything illegal in distributing volumes that are far from publishing in the US... how many have they done 5 or 6 if I'm not mistaken?
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Note the sarcasm there, partially or not. Berserk is licensed by DarkHorse. What we do is illegal by law. The Hawks also are liable. SkullKnight.net not so much because they just provide the translations, however they may or may not (I don't know) provide raws which is illegal.

Don't kid yourself, scanlations are illegal.
Wikipedia wrote:By the letter of copyright law (such as the Berne Convention), scanlation is illegal. However it is almost never prosecuted. Like fansubbing, it is viewed by many fans as an ethical way to read manga which has had no official translation published in their own language. Most scanlators, like fansubbers, stop distributing scanlations for manga that have been licensed, and advise fans of the manga in question to buy the official translation. Nevertheless, many people are of the opinion that scanlation is no different from piracy and always unethical because it is illegal. According to Yu's Behind the Scenes of IRC, there have been beliefs that "there is a gap between people's opinion and what is written in the law." This observation is held to be true in many cultures.

Copyright holders generally do not request scanlators to stop distribution before it is licensed in the translated language; thus, scanlators feel it is relatively safe to translate and scan such manga. However, they do so at their own risk. The risk was accentuated on February 14 and October 31, 2004, when Kodansha, Ltd. sent cease and desist letters to scanslator site Snoopycool.

On the other hand, licensing companies (such as TOKYOPOP and VIZ Media) have used the response to various scanlations as a factor in deciding which manga to buy licenses to translate. Said TOKYOPOP's Steve Kleckner in regards to scanlation, "And, hey, if you get 2,000 fans saying they want a book you've never heard of, well, you gotta go out and get it."
So there ya go.

Insanenoodly guy is correct, we will just remove the bit-torrent link. :D Thanks.
donny
imanewbie

Post by donny »

Thanx for the usefull quote... from what I've heard before I knew that they are not trying to prosecute (in most cases) when the manga in question does not exist translated...
well thanx for clarifying the legal side of it...

And maybe then removing all the links? I mean when you open the link the torrents are right there...
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

donny wrote: And maybe then removing all the links? I mean when you open the link the torrents are right there...

I'm not concerned, if I get a cease & desist, then I'll desist. However that would apply to hawks et all. We want the exposure that wikipedia provides, but we don't want to slap everyone in the face that reads wikipedia that we do indeed provide torrents. Anywho, I'm not discussing it anymore. :D

So, back to the subject at hand... anything we can contribute to the Berserk page?
Last edited by psi29a on Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Pretty much everything is covered on that page, unless someone wants to update the current story progression about Kushan's declaration of war.

Messatsu
This is my new home

Post by Messatsu »

How about an indept character analysis of the major characters of berserk? :)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

psi29a wrote: Don't kid yourself, scanlations are illegal.
Yeah, about as illegal as J-Walking. :P
suckie
imanewbie

Post by suckie »

http://www.darkhorse.com/search/search. ... ng=berserk

They have 9 atm

http://www.darkhorse.com/search/search. ... k&x=9&y=12

The 10th will be released in like 3 months.. there are really slow
ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

That was an awsome read i must admit. First off, thanks to wikipedia for being ingenious, and giving this beautiful look into the Berserk story. I would also like to say that i liked the links to the naming of the god hand in particular. I mean it just adds to Miura's genious scheming.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

update: DarkHorse has updated their release schedule.

Berserk Volume 11 TPB Release: 04-12-06

edit:

updated Berserk's wikipedia's external links... links to the forums of all sites related to berserk.