Wii rocks, ps3 sucks, microsoft hates sony.

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Libaax wrote:Im on my second PS2,the first one was so strong that it died just when my two year insurence thingy ran out so i had to buy this one :P
How do you assume that this is a joke? The emoticon? Only a retard would think that a post is magically turned into a joke because an emoticon was thrown on the back end of it.

Perhaps Libaax can confirm if it was a joke or not.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

My PS2 has been going strong ever since I bought it 5 years ago, not a single issue whatsoever.

On the other hand, I know someone that literally hit his 360 with an axe (or something like that) because it died and killed his Oblivion saves.

The only company that makes reliable hardware is Nintendo and that is a fact.

Also, BasouKazuma is a retard.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Femto wrote: The only company that makes reliable hardware is Nintendo and that is a fact.
not true. My roommates had a GC, bought it brand new last summer, and its life ended in 6 months. Cause of death is still unknown, but what I do know is that the thing will turn on, but there will be no menu screen and the disk tray wont spin. Never did anything wrong to it, just played ton of SSBM.

Everything has their lemons. My Ps2 is in tip top shape, PSP from launch still has no dead pixels, and my xbox hasnt crapped on me yet.

Now the x360 is a joke, my friend had to return his cuz GRAW made his x360 into a brick. And now wont put GRAW into his new one.

Now on to other news, is there a release date on the Wii??
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Gaiseric wrote:
Libaax wrote:Im on my second PS2,the first one was so strong that it died just when my two year insurence thingy ran out so i had to buy this one :P
So strong it died two years later? Anyone think thats ridiculous? My Dreamcast is coming up on seven years old and still runnning strong, my N64 and 2nd gen Genesis still work like new, the original NES is more than 20 years old now and they might have changed color a bit, but they still work. Hell, my Xbox that I got on launch day got accidentally kicked down a flight of stairs and landed on concrete and it may have a couple scrathes on the outside, but it works just fine!

Sony makes inferior hardware and halfandhalf brings up a good point. I know my PS2 broke and I went and bought the slim version. How many of Sony's claimed 100 million consoles sold were replacements for faulty systems? How many of you guys are on your second or even third PS2?

Libaax wrote:Also they will get new owners cuase i have seen people who never owned PS2 that are getting interested in PS3.
Just because I am interested in the Koenigsegg CCX doesnt mean I am going to buy one. And people that are new to videogames are more likely to get one thats is easier to pick up and play and is a little cheaper.
Of course i was being ironic about the strong part didnt you see the smiley.. The reason by my first PS2 died is cause i have 7 siblings and most of them wanted to play my PS2 :P

And i never said anything about new gamer wanting PS3 games i was talking about seasoned gamers who never was into PS2 that thinks so PS3 is interesting. Im a member in a big swedish gaming forum and i have seen many xbox and nintendo people wanting PS3.

You know people change and want diffrent consoles sometimes. I dont know how many times i was close to buying Xbox.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

halfnhalf wrote:not true. My roommates had a GC, bought it brand new last summer, and its life ended in 6 months. Cause of death is still unknown, but what I do know is that the thing will turn on, but there will be no menu screen and the disk tray wont spin. Never did anything wrong to it, just played ton of SSBM.
Reliable doesn't mean infallible.

9 times out of 10, you won't find a person complaining about Nintendo hardware.
Daedelus
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!
Location: This Island Earth! (Can be yours, if the Price is Right!)

Post by Daedelus »

Femto wrote:Reliable doesn't mean infallible.

9 times out of 10, you won't find a person complaining about Nintendo hardware.
Quoted for truthiness. This sort of thing came up last night at Ayanami's. It's extremely rare you hear about a GC dying.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Ayanami, i said that I "assumed" that Libaax was joking. I wasn't 100% sure, but i was pretty sure. As it turns out i was right. I do agree though, that it was a little unclear whether he was kidding or not.

Even retards are right sometimes. :wink:
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Libaax, I understood that you meant the strong part jokingly. But the fact is, your two year old system died and you went out and bought a new one.
Femto wrote: 9 times out of 10, you won't find a person complaining about Nintendo hardware.
Exactly, my little cousin's N64 went through hell with him and it still works. EGM dropped a GBA in the toilet and it worked three days later. They called it 'Jesus'.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Libaax did a shit job writing that post. It did not seem like a joke at all. But I guess if you do throw an emoticon on the end of a post, it does mean your just joking around. Which I think is bullshit. But as ya do.

Any way, any one working at a game store will tell you that PS2 was by far the most terrible made of the 3. My friend who owns a game store and does repairs always had at least 6 PS2s to work on and 2 to 3 Xboxs that needed work done as well. I think I have seen him repair maybe 2 Gamecubes. PS2 had terrible lasers.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Gaiseric wrote:Libaax, I understood that you meant the strong part jokingly. But the fact is, your two year old system died and you went out and bought a new one.
Femto wrote: 9 times out of 10, you won't find a person complaining about Nintendo hardware.
Exactly, my little cousin's N64 went through hell with him and it still works. EGM dropped a GBA in the toilet and it worked three days later. They called it 'Jesus'.
Whats your point? My PS2 died cause i didnt protect it from my siblings abuse it had nothing to with the hardware being weak or something.

Just cause it isnt as strong as the waste of time and money that is called dreamcast doesnt mean i wont get a new PS2 which was the cheaper silver one.

My second PS2 has been perfect for more than 3 years cause i took better care of it.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I think he was saying that if it was a different system like Dreamcast or N64, you would not have to replace the thing in 2 years, no matter what your siblings would do to it. Unless your siblings threw the damn thing down the stairs, 2 years is a weak life span.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Libaax wrote:Whats your point? My PS2 died cause i didnt protect it from my siblings abuse it had nothing to with the hardware being weak or something.
Hey.

It's OK to like a certain company or whatever but Sony's hardware is shoddy at best.

There's no point in trying to defend them.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I had troubles like that,controlls breaking cause people throwing them around etc

The only time i had hardware problem was at the end when its started having problem reading discs.

Its not a coincidence that now that i take care better of my PS2 i havent even needed to put in for reparation even once.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

I've had my N64, SNES, Dreamcast and Xbox each fall onto hard ground at least once (i have a big family) and all of those systems work just fine. They were built strong, while the PS2 was built cheap and weak.

It's a decent system, but it has many hardware issues. Too many to even bother listing.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Femto wrote:
Libaax wrote:Whats your point? My PS2 died cause i didnt protect it from my siblings abuse it had nothing to with the hardware being weak or something.
Hey.

It's OK to like a certain company or whatever but Sony's hardware is shoddy at best.

There's no point in trying to defend them.
Im not protectin them and i know they dont make the best hardware.

The control is beyond weak that i can really blame sony for.

I must be on my 6,7 pair of control :P Not cause of my siblings or anything but mostly cause the buttons break when you play too much sport games etc.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

I've broken/wore out at least two controllers on every system I own.

Controllers just naturally wear out if you're an avid gamer. I have like 5 NES controllers piled somewhere (the NES only had 2 controller ports!).
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Me and my bro Shaka are addicted to Pro Evo and that really kills controls playing a soccer game all the time.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

To continue on the whole PS3 price debate:

The PS3 is gonna cost £425 in england which is about $800 and consumers won't even have the option of getting the Core package.

Now that's insane. Sucks for those who are in the UK.
Daedelus
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!
Location: This Island Earth! (Can be yours, if the Price is Right!)

Post by Daedelus »

BasouKazuma wrote:To continue on the whole PS3 price debate:

The PS3 is gonna cost £425 in england which is about $800 and consumers won't even have the option of getting the Core package.

Now that's insane. Sucks for those who are in the UK.
Shocking that Basou screwed the pooch on this one. Fortunately I'm catching it before this gets out of hand.
Joystiq wrote:GamesIndustry.biz suggests that Sony won't be selling the cut down model over the pond, although this isn't confirmed ... British consumers are used to paying more for their consoles (although traditionally the U.K. gets identical or lower prices compared to Europe) ...
Not to mention MS pulled the same stunt with the 360 pricing.

Yes, the pricing is ridiculous. It's not like this is anything new, however. Pricing and release dates have always been screwed up over there. I used to understand 'logistics' being a legitimate reason for a delay, but today that is really starting to wear thin. Not to mention there is nothing official about the base PS3 not making it over there. GI.biz is a great site but they're not right 100% of the time.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

The core system is worthless anyway.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Oh you're right, I misread something. That's what ya get for skimming over the article. So it's not official whether or not they are releasing the core system.

:?