Wii rocks, ps3 sucks, microsoft hates sony.

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Damien wrote:I like the new gambit set. 9/10 because gambit is cool.
Your sig sucks, because ps3 is trash. Wii rocks my gaming world.

:lol:

Still, $600 for a ps3, and just under $200 for a Wii? That really is a no brainer.
Moore wrote:"Tell me why you would buy a $600 PS3?" Peter Moore, a Microsoft vice president, said in an interview. "People are going to buy two (machines.) They're going to buy an Xbox and they're going to buy a Wii ... for the price of one PS3."
Last edited by psi29a on Thu May 11, 2006 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gundam_Bobcat
Mastered PM

Post by Gundam_Bobcat »

Also Sony cant come up with original ideas, they just have to wait till Nintendo does something cool and then take it.

Also thanks for the props on the Gambit sig and avatar.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

I just personally have never liked nintendo since the snes, I like mature games so I will play with sony and MS.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

psi29a wrote:
Damien wrote:I like the new gambit set. 9/10 because gambit is cool.
Your sig sucks, because ps3 is trash. Wii rocks my gaming world.

:lol:

Still, $600 for a ps3, and just under $200 for a Wii? That really is a no brainer.
Moore wrote:"Tell me why you would buy a $600 PS3?" Peter Moore, a Microsoft vice president, said in an interview. "People are going to buy two (machines.) They're going to buy an Xbox and they're going to buy a Wii ... for the price of one PS3."
it's all just temporarily. The prizes are always big in the beginning, so they can earn lots of profits from the early innovators. And there is always a group loyal to sony. I guess the prize will eventually fall down too 200-400 EURO.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Devil_Dante wrote:it's all just temporarily. The prizes are always big in the beginning, so they can earn lots of profits from the early innovators.
Sony will lose money for every PS3 console sold.

It'll be expensive not to increase profit, but to reduce loss.
Daedelus
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!
Location: This Island Earth! (Can be yours, if the Price is Right!)

Post by Daedelus »

Femto wrote:Sony will lose money for every PS3 console sold.

Quoted for truthiness. Think about it. Blu-Ray drives, at a reasonable discount for the volume and the fact that it's Sony is arouind $300/unit. The Cell, given the same discounts, is probably around $300/unit. Those costs there include tons of R&D themselves. So there is $600 cost before any accessories. Bluetooth controller (not the unit itself, but the chip). Motherboard. HDD. Output logics etc. No question, Sony is losing money. Just how MS lost money on Xbox.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Femto wrote:
Devil_Dante wrote:it's all just temporarily. The prizes are always big in the beginning, so they can earn lots of profits from the early innovators.

Nintendo + Wii Controller + Jedi (saber battle) == $$$

Think about it, we ALL have been waiting for a light-saber battle... where you actually swing a sword ( Like Red Steel ) with a controller... movement.

Done and Done...

And I think if we want to discuss this more... I can split this off into the gaming thread. *grin*.

My entire office is abuze with the Wii, we all want it... but we require Zelda and more importantly a Jedi light-saber battle type game.
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

psi29a wrote:And I think if we want to discuss this more... I can split this off into the gaming thread. *grin*
Probably a good idea :lol:
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

OK, I am tired of hearing everybody bitching about Sony ripping off Nintendo. Yes, they are using the same wireless controller with the whole twist your controller move in game thing, but if Microsoft hadn't already sent out the 360, I would bet you dollars to donuts that the 360 would have that function also. Yes their online system is strikingly close to X-Box's, but there is only so much they could to do change it up without changing how well the online service would work. Next, you'll tell me that X-Box has the exclusive rights to beign able to hook up mulitple systems for multiplayer, or that both Wii and 360 are ripping off of the PS2 by having them both be backwards compatable. Or maybe that 360 is ripping off of the Gamecube for having a first party wireless controller. And so on and so on and so on. My god, By making all-current and next-gen games on CDs, it has come full circle and EVERYONE IS RIPPING OFF SONY! OMGWTFBBQ!!

Shut the hell up and start saving people, we all knew the days of $200 consoles were not going to last long (With the mindblowing execption of the Wii, which I thinkwill actually retail for close to $300 when it launches)
ImageImage
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Femto wrote:

What gaming console company doesn't loose money on consoles? WTH are you insane, all of them do, the only way they make it back is with the games and lisences, which ps3 will have TONS AND TONS of great games.

And Wiiiiii will have a small trickle compared to PS3.
Last edited by Damien on Thu May 11, 2006 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

I think consumers are going to bulk at Sony and it's offering. They just can't expect the bread and butter of the gaming world to fork over that kind of cash. Sure, those with a JOB can buy it... but don't expect me or anyone in my office to buy it.

We are holding out for the Wii because and I bet you dollar to donuts that it will cost under $200 USD. Next gen systems need not be millions of dollars in R&D, they need honest to goodness games that are more go and less show (Gee, ps3 looks pretty, but will I get replay value out of it?).
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Why did Gamecube have so few GOOD games?
psi29a wrote:I think consumers are going to bulk at Sony and it's offering. They just can't expect the bread and butter of the gaming world to fork over that kind of cash. Sure, those with a JOB can buy it... but don't expect me or anyone in my office to buy it.
Did u mean Balk?
Last edited by Damien on Thu May 11, 2006 8:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Well I will fall into that 360 and Wii category. I already have a 360 and I will get a Wii. Once the school loan statements come around 600 for a PS3 isn't in the budget.
"Context is for Kings"
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Damien wrote:Why did Gamecube have so few GOOD games?
psi29a wrote:I think consumers are going to bulk at Sony and it's offering. They just can't expect the bread and butter of the gaming world to fork over that kind of cash. Sure, those with a JOB can buy it... but don't expect me or anyone in my office to buy it.
Did u mean Balk?
Yes, Balk, that is the word. :P

Why did playstation 2 & X-box have so many crap games?

As far as I'm concerned Dreamcast and Nintendo actually had more games that I enjoyed playing (and still play) more than X-box or Playstation.

Of course, this is all subjective. I may or may not be the target audience of Sony or Microsoft.

Bottom line, I could care less what a console can do and more concerned about the quality of game produced because that is why I buy a console, to be a dedicated gaming machine only. If I wanted anything more, then I use a general purpose computer.
Last edited by psi29a on Thu May 11, 2006 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Just your average hardcore gamer will be MORE than enough to purchase all Sonys stock.

Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Post by Wandering_Mystic »

That was Gamecube. This is Wii. The circumstances behind the scenes regarding hardware, IPs, 3rd party support, are all looking to be VERY different from last gen with Nintendo. Anyone who denies that Gamecube didn't have great 3rd party support is probably a fanboy, but anyone who denies that the circumstances seem to have changed considerably this time around is probably also a fanboy of a different kind.

Companies don't matter so much to me (although I consider Nintendo to have the better track record of the three for quality, durability, and innovation, which is a pretty big win to me). I like good games, and honestly, Nintendo is coming out with guns a-blazing in this iteration of the console wars. Enough to topple Sony? I doubt it, at least not at first, I mean, it is a rather large gap to fill. But one thing's for sure, Wii is no Gamecube (nor is it an ill-fated N64 either). And I have absolutely no doubt that I am getting a Wii this round.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

You guys are crazy. PS3 costs so much because it's so bad ass! Hell, it costs less than a new computer, but I don't hear anyone complaining about computer prices. It's a serious piece of equipment, with extreme power and functionality. I mean, the no region code, and ability to play video formats such as .avi (Which means being able to watch anime on your TV, without having to go through the grueling process of burning them to DVD format.) alone has got my mouth watering. Besides the price will drop after release like it always does, so that's not even an issue.

Meh, whatever, you guys have fun with your funky ass hospital bed controller and a library of mostly kiddie games. ;)
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

psi29a wrote:
Why did playstation 2 & X-box have so many crap games?
I have one answer for both of those questions: Third Party Developers. Nintendo and Microsoft don't have enough, and Sony has too many by the balls. Luckily Nintendo says that 3rd parties will really pushed for the Wii, and people have seen the Microsoft has enough stayign power to warrant the risk of not developing for the Juggernaught (Bitch!) that is Sony, since they can basically say "No you can't make this game for us, and no you can't offer Nintendo or Microsoft or we'll hurt you" ala SNK and the remakes of Metal Slug 3, 4 and 5.
ImageImage
arke
Beware my tactical spam

Post by arke »

Damien wrote:What gaming console company doesn't loose money on consoles? WTH are you insane, all of them do, the only way they make it back is with the games and lisences, which ps3 will have TONS AND TONS of great games.
Nintendo? Microsoft most likely on the 360. I know they did not want a repeat of the money hole the Xbox was.
Starnum wrote:You guys are crazy. PS3 costs so much because it's so bad ass! Hell, it costs less than a new computer, but I don't hear anyone complaining about computer prices.
Because computers have a wide range of prices.
It's a serious piece of equipment, with extreme power and functionality. I mean, the no region code, and ability to play video formats such as .avi (Which means being able to watch anime on your TV, without having to go through the grueling process of burning them to DVD format.)
But you still have to burn them. Plus, an increasing number of current DVD players can play DivX and WMV. And they exist now. And don't cost $500.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

arke wrote:
It's a serious piece of equipment, with extreme power and functionality. I mean, the no region code, and ability to play video formats such as .avi (Which means being able to watch anime on your TV, without having to go through the grueling process of burning them to DVD format.)
But you still have to burn them. Plus, an increasing number of current DVD players can play DivX and WMV. And they exist now. And don't cost $500.
But you can just stream them to your 360 with Windows Media Center. No burning involved.

Anyway, I am buying a Wii and 360 this year, PS3 will have to wait a couple years.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Seriously, for $600 (which is what the Sony VP said) you can buy a Wii and an Xbox-360.

$600 is a lot of money, think about that. Rent, Mortgage, Food, all those things you have to think about when you don't live with mom and dad, or with your dad & dad, or your mom &... I digress.
MournfulWoods
This is my new home

Post by MournfulWoods »

Metroid, Zelda, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Mario... .that's pretty much all I need. So, Wii all the way.
http://backalleybazaar.wordpress.com
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

Damien wrote:I just personally have never liked nintendo since the snes, I like mature games so I will play with sony and MS.
Wow. Just... wow.
Damien wrote:Did u mean Balk?
Who the hell are you to correct spelling when you screw it up so bad all the time? Not to mention the use of 'u'. There is a SpellCheck button for a reason.
Damien wrote:And Wiiiiii will have a small trickle compared to PS3.
Would you stop with the extra Is already? Do you know how childish it makes the words coming out of your mouth? It hurts your argument even further. It's like when someone calls Microsoft 'M$' when they bash them.
Starnum wrote:Meh, whatever, you guys have fun with your funky ass hospital bed controller and a library of mostly kiddie games. ;)
Yes, because other consoles don't have kiddie games. Hint, each word there is a link. The last one is a 360 game.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Yeah, because playing mature games makes you a mature person.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

I am done discussing after this, I don't like debates so here it goes:

DO TELL ME: What company is going to make a blueray HD-DVD player that is less than 500-600$ NO ONE, not only THAT but you will get a game system included 2 in one, I will be taking FULL advantage of this because I bought a HDTV to do so, also I call it WIIIIIIII because the name is ridiculous. They should have left it alone at Rev.

That is ALL... Adam out!