Kingdom Hearts II (this one is for you Buz)

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Seeing the Final Mix ending rendered in real time on that trailer was weird.

Still pretty cool though.

I just cannot wait for this game.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

9 days left. Meeep.

EDIT: Also, heug!!!1§§q four-minute trailer.
Link
Femto
Devourer of Children

Bump.

Post by Femto »

So wait, Donald and Goofy don't fight with you anymore?

I've seen the trailer and I've noticed that their HP bars are nowhere to be found, only those of the special characters are there.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

No, you still fight with them, it's just that the trailers have a hard-on for showing off all the characters you never use (well, I never use- I need to level up Donald, thankyouverymuch). You need them to "fuse" into Brave (Goofy), Wisdom (Donald) and Master (both) form.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Famitsu gave this game a 39/40 which is pretty good last I heard.

Then again, these are the same people that gave Nintendogs a 40/40 so I'm not holding my breath yet.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

It was released today, but this is one game I just can't import. I'll wait for the english release.

BILLY ZANE!
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Femto wrote:Famitsu gave this game a 39/40 which is pretty good last I heard.

Then again, these are the same people that gave Nintendogs a 40/40 so I'm not holding my breath yet.
Have you even played Nintendogs? It's supposed to be entertaining but it's probably just a genre that you don't like (Sim games). Critics rate games by genre so a 40/40 for Nintendogs wouldnt be the same as the 40/40 that Ocarina of Time got. I'm sure that 39/40 for KH2 is gonna prove to be a very accurate rating for you since you have an obvious interest in the game before you have even had the chance to touch it.

You should probably check out Nintendogs, if you havent already. It's no easy feat to get a perfect score from Famitsu. Only a handfull of games have gotten perfect scores. I hadn't even known about it getting a perfect score, so I'll probably check it out myself now that I know.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Famitsu is full of Nintendo fanboys and Nintendogs is a stupid concept for a game.

That is all.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Gritty pirate that I am, I can inform you that KH2 maintains the series' trademark plotline imbalance- meaning no narrative moving the overall storyline in the Disney worlds (so far- I'm expecting a bit more than boss battles from the XIII Order members scattered throughout the worlds). But no matter, the four-hour prologue in Twilight Town contains enough plot-twists for half of the game;

(very minor spoilers, no details)
In the second hour, the identity of the mysterious thirteenth member of the XIII Order is revealed. The third hour has the Enigmatic Man from KH: Final Mix showing his face (causing a minor wtf-moment, considering who he is showing his face to), and the last hour gets some dual-wielding keyblades and Another Side, Another Story/Deep Dive action going.
(end spoiler)

The opening FMV is awesome, although it is clear the FFVII: AC team that animated it had no clue what they were doing at times- Sora has a golden keyblade, and Namine looks like some sort of troll/hobbit crossbreed throughout the entire intro.
I suspect I'll never like the "powdered" look of the character models of the AC engine...

The game is awesome and fast-paced, but suffers from the same thing all sequels do- where the original was structured, introducing new skills and plot points methodically (latter point does not apply to KH imho), the sequel just throws seemingly random abilities and plot points at you.

I suspect the perceived randomness may be due to the fact that I can't keep up with most of the dialogue, but Hollow Bastion now has the most stupid and illogical Keyhole location evar. When did they unlock it, btw?
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Femto wrote:Famitsu is full of Nintendo fanboys and Nintendogs is a stupid concept for a game.

That is all.
Poppycock! 'Katamari Damashii' has a seemingly stupid concept but when you play it you find that it's in fact a very fun game to play. Goes to show you, ya never truely know whether a game is good or bad from just judging it's overall concept.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Katamari Damacy doesn't have a "seemingly stupid" concept.

Comparing it to a pet sim like Nintendogs is not a very smart thing to do either.

You're stupid man, just shut up.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Femto wrote:Katamari Damacy doesn't have a "seemingly stupid" concept.

Comparing it to a pet sim like Nintendogs is not a very smart thing to do either.

You're stupid man, just shut up.
Could you get over this little hissy fit you have whenever i talk and just have a normal convo?

Seriously, all you do is randomly lash out at me. Obviously I'm far from stupid so there is no need to continually say that I'm "stupid" (you must not even understand the meaning of the word). Saying it a thousand times doesnt make it anymore true, even though I'm sure you wish it did.

If you think about it, they both look kinda dumb until you play them. In Katamari Damacy, you just roll around a ball and collect everything in your path. On paper, it looks childish and stupid. When you play it, you realize otherwise. Anyone can tell you that, so my comparission was valid.

I'm not saying that Nintendogs is a great game, cuz I havent played it yet, but you're the one here being foolish and dismissing it cuz you think it's concept is stupid.

Play it then bitch, or don't bitch at all.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

You're not "obviously" far from stupid.

You're assuming that everybody thinks like you do.

Katamari Damacy is completely different than Nintendogs.

Any game brought to a minimalistic concept can sound stupid.

You don't know the reasons why I dislike Nintendogs and are basing your stupidity on a single line.

Some games you don't need to play to know they suck.

More?
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Yea, you can tell some games suck without playing them but those don't include games that get perfect scores from a prestigious gaming magazine.

They are very different games, but what I'm talking about goes beyond genres. I'm just talking about concepts. Most people would dismiss a game like Katamari Damacy since it sounds dumb and simple. I know, cuz i've talked to many people and they all say that it sounds stupid. Katamari Damashii is popular cuz word got out that it was a great game. If i hadn't read about how great it was, i would never have picked it up. A bunch of those articles that I've read flat out say that it sounds stupid but its fun.

I'm supposedly basing my stupidity on a single line, yet you don't want to 'enlighten me' as to actual reasons why you don't like it. Obviously I'm not gonna know of any other reasons unless you tell me. You don't have to like Nintendogs after playing it, but you can't say that you don't like it without playing it. So you have no arguement.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Femto wrote:Any game brought to a minimalistic concept can sound stupid.
You obviously have a hard time reading, because I just trashed half of your post with the above quote.

You assumed and made some crazy theories on why I don't like the game and you were wrong. I won't bother to mention the reasons why I don't like the game again. If you're so interested you can use the search function.

Or you could just shut up.

PS: Madden gets good to great scores every year.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

I didnt give a minimalistic view on the game. That's what the game is. You roll a ball around to collect up whatever you can to make an even bigger ball that magically turns into a star. "Well informed" game critics will say the same thing. The environment and feel of the game is something that can only be fully understood by playing the game for yourself.

Look man, i was originally just trying to get you to try Nintendogs since you might end up liking it. I meant no ill will, but you have a hard time listening to anything i say. You keep on creating these arguements over the most trivial things. Whenever i have an opinion, you just pounce on me, it's gotten to the point where it's beyond tiresome.

You're hard headed, its about time you realized that.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Backpedaling.

I'm done with this.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I like Nintendogs, I think it is pretty cool. But comparing Katamari to Nintendogs is pretty crazy. Nintendogs is a pet sim, in actuallity it is not even a game.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Flame wars are fun, off-topic is not.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

You're hot.

EDIT: These guys have the opening FMV up for grabs, which looks pretty awesome IMO.

http://bluelaguna.net/movies/kh2/fmvs.php
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Femto wrote: PS: Madden gets good to great scores every year.
Thats because madden is a great game.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Buzkashi wrote:
Femto wrote: PS: Madden gets good to great scores every year.
Thats because madden is a great game.
BasouKazuma wrote:Critics rate games by genre so a 40/40 for Nintendogs wouldnt be the same as the 40/40 that Ocarina of Time got.
He failed to read that part of my post. So it was pointless statement to begin with.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Shut up already.

I've owned you ten times over.

Get the fuck out of this forum.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

They should like, have a zombie stage, where you get to fight Walt Disney's reanimated corpse as he gets thrawed out from ice.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

You said in chat you were going to post something stupid, but...
Wow. You never cease to amaze me. I am lost for words.