Superhero comics and other comics.

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Libaax wrote:It was one of the best arts i have seen in a manga Blame but i have never seen such a lack of content in manga iether.

Nothing fricking happened...
A lot of things happened in Blame, just not a lot of things were explained as to why it happened.

I honestly can't have it in my top 10 in regards to plotline. Up till now, I still have no clue what's going on, and fan speculation and interpretation doesn't help this much. But the artwork is great, and since Nihei used to be an architect, his building designs are amazing. Although my brother (who is an architect) said it was 'meh, OK', when he glanced at it.

Also, I started reading New X-Men, it seems infinitely better than the regular X-Men. Maybe because these are fresh characters, who still have their potentials unmapped. And Spider-Man's change of costume seems forced, in my opinion.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Hmm, I liked BLame! and I'm enjoying Biomega, so I have to totally disagree with Libaax's assessment that nothing happens. One doesn't need a lot of dialog, and frankly it is a nice change of pace.

Different strokes for different folks.
square-enix
imanewbie

Post by square-enix »

If someone could explain the transition from Runaways 24 to 25, that'd be great.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

A new writer by the name of Joss Whedon is currently writing the next arc of Runaways.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Messatsu
This is my new home

Post by Messatsu »

Just finished reading some y the last man. I personally find it to being a pretty
realistic depiction of the whole "last man on earth bit".
Vicissitude
Professional Bastard

Post by Vicissitude »

Eldo wrote:A new writer by the name of Joss Whedon is currently writing the next arc of Runaways.
Pfft, so? Buffy Season 8 is where it's at for Whedon fans.
square-enix
imanewbie

Post by square-enix »

Eldo wrote:A new writer by the name of Joss Whedon is currently writing the next arc of Runaways.
I should have been a tad more specific. (My apologies) In issue 24, Iron Man has arrived with his Cape-killers. In 25, they're back in New York.
I understand it's the start of a new arc but.... I was bewildered, to say the least.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

square-enix wrote:I should have been a tad more specific. (My apologies) In issue 24, Iron Man has arrived with his Cape-killers. In 25, they're back in New York.
I understand it's the start of a new arc but.... I was bewildered, to say the least.
Oh, well, I have no clue. Perhaps Nico used some sort of spell on them? We could only guess that the party got out before they were taken, otherwise they wouldn't have gone to the Kingpin for help. I'm guessing all would be revealed very soon, it's a huge cliffhanger that BKV left with, and Whedon will try to milk this, I bet, in future issues. I do miss BKV, Whedon hit the right notes, but not enough as BKV does.

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Looks homosexual.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

LordMune wrote:Looks homosexual.
no ur ghey

I thought that was amazing. It's a huge 8 page slide. I don't quite get the dog and devil in the background (it's a huge oversized dog), but the art is gorgeous.

Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

"ULTIMATES! Tonight we dine IN HELL!"
ImageImage
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I just read New Avengers 29.

From the preview pages of issue 30, it seems that Ronin might be a male, but the details in particular are a bit vague from the art.

I had hopes that it would be Black Widow, who would betray the Mighty Avengers to join the New Avengers, since her Ultimate counterpart betrayed the Ultimates. And she knows some ninja moves too, I think.

Also, for people following 52, it's World War III coming up! But I was sure that already happened in Morrison's run in JLA. But Infinite Crisis retconned everything, whatever.

Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Eldo wrote: From the preview pages of issue 30, it seems that Ronin might be a male, but the details in particular are a bit vague from the art.
Yeah, just like the original Ronin ended up looking exactly the same inside and out of the armor. For all we know the new Ronin could be a 30 foot tall alien with 3 arms., then on the next page Bendis will have a picture of himself giving us the finger going "Bet you didn't see that coming, LOSERS! Ha ha ha ha *snort* ha ha!"
Eldo wrote: I had hopes that it would be Black Widow, who would betray the Mighty Avengers to join the New Avengers, since her Ultimate counterpart betrayed the Ultimates. And she knows some ninja moves too, I think.
That might be tough since I think she's standing with the Mighty Avengers when they face down the New Avengers in the S.H.I.E.L.D HQ or whatever.

And as far as anyone who doesn't agree with me is concerned... MIFTANA FANTADADA!
ImageImage
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Tempest wrote:Yeah, just like the original Ronin ended up looking exactly the same inside and out of the armor. For all we know the new Ronin could be a 30 foot tall alien with 3 arms., then on the next page Bendis will have a picture of himself giving us the finger going "Bet you didn't see that coming, LOSERS! Ha ha ha ha *snort* ha ha!"
Yeah, I think it was either an artistic error, or Bendis changed the identity of Ronin at the last minute. But then again, it could be the suit itself doubling as armour.
Tempest wrote:That might be tough since I think she's standing with the Mighty Avengers when they face down the New Avengers in the S.H.I.E.L.D HQ or whatever.
Yes, but Ronin wasn't shown in the battle when they faced down with the Mighty Avengers, Black Widow could have betrayed the Mighty Avengers during Brother Voodoo's 'ritual'. But I guess it's been half-confirmed that Ronin is a male. I'm guessing he's the Deus Ex Machina that saved the New Avenger's arse during the ritual.

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Heh i havent read a comic in two months now, its all time low for me.

Its annoying cause i am so behind my comics right now.

I never knew i would get stuck at reading fantasy books and forgetting everything else. Its like a drug i keep telling myself after this book i am done but i never am :oops:
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

So I've been itching for a new comic to read and one of my freinds hooked me up with 1-36 of Punisher Max. Loved it. The I wanted more and i was introduced to WANTED.

FUCKING GENIUS! The names, the idea, the humor, the gore. It was just perfect! I WANT MORE!!!

Now I'll be reading Ex Machina and soon ill have Kingdom Come once it arrives.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Ex Machina is brilliant!

Wanted is a fav of mine, too bad the movie will suck balls since they changed everything but the title....
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I'm not a big fan of Millar, so I won't be picking that up.

There's going to be a new Ellis book out, that's supposed to be the next Transmetropolitan.

In other news, I still hate X-Men. Don't really like Morrison's run on Batman. Enjoying JSA and JLA to some extent though. The new writer for Hellblazer shows promise, written pretty well so far. Amazon's Attack is decent. Wonder Woman is half decent.

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Eldo wrote:I'm not a big fan of Millar, so I won't be picking that up.

There's going to be a new Ellis book out, that's supposed to be the next Transmetropolitan.

In other news, I still hate X-Men. Don't really like Morrison's run on Batman. Enjoying JSA and JLA to some extent though. The new writer for Hellblazer shows promise, written pretty well so far. Amazon's Attack is decent. Wonder Woman is half decent.
You mean you havent read Wanted just cause you dont like Millar?

I dont like Millar either but his Wanted,Wolverine run was very good.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I didn't like Millar's run on Wolverine either. I thought it was mediocre compared to Rucka's.

I'm just not a big fan of his writing in general, really. Civil War was the last straw for me.

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

JSA is probably the best superhero book on the stands right now.

I haven't read the last couple of issues but Geoff Johns is fantastic at superhero stuff.

Pretty damn solid artwork as well.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I do think the team is too big right now, but it makes it amazing how he could fit all those characters in there without leaving anyone particular out. I love his character interpretation. They're spot on. Well, maybe except Obsidian. He's a wallpaper.

I never cared for the Legion though, so while this arc does look cool, it's not hitting all the high notes for me.

I also like me some Bird of Prey. Sad to hear that Gail Simone will leave it, but excited to know that McKeever's taking over. That guy is a eunuch or something.

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I like Birds of Prey alot these days.

Sad to hear Simone leaving i didnt know that.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Yep, Sean McKeever of Mary Jane loves Spidey fame will be taking over. McKeever writes great women characterisation, and he doesn't just portray them as just bimbos. I think this guy has no balls. He's still awesome in his own right though. Even though he has no balls.