Fighting fire with fire... a guide to stopping mod abuse

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

How does this "revolutionary" blog post affect us?

Oh noes, mods are now teh doomed?
22%
Emo attack! Woe is ... (me, her, insert funny option)?
22%
BWAH HAHAhahahahahahaha.... *clears tears from eyes* hehehe
57%

Total votes: 23

LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

It's quite clever, actually- the PNGs are laced with ocular cocaine. You know that double-page spread in #282, the one with Ganishka and Griffith? About 450 grams of grade-A shit went into that.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
MadDogMike
Mastered PM

Post by MadDogMike »

http://guugul.blogspot.com/2005_12_01_archive.html

Wow, he's been writing this stuff since late 2005?

I know there's a chance you'll read this, even though you've been banned. I'm sorry to break it to you, Masterei, but what you think sounds poetic and philosophical is actually random, meaningless phrases strung together in a way that doesn't make any sense.

For instance, the first paragraph of your post on that page above, called "A not so ancient post...", contradicts your entire "argument". From that point on, you begin to draw conclusions from mid-air, from totally unrelated statements, and without logic. It's just mindless drivel.

If there's one thing that I can't stand on the internet, it's people who like to use words that aren't actually in their vocabulary and piece them together in an incoherent fashion, just to give the illusion of intelligence (or in your case, of higher intelligence). It's time for a reality check.

EDIT: I recently got banned from another forum just for being publically ridiculed by an admin for purchasing Perfect Dark Zero (which actually came in a bundle), and telling him that I didn't appreciate it. Within 2 minutes I was banned, and the reason given was "For being an annoying prick." Did I go and write a massive post in a blog, trying to rally the world for support? No, I just decided that I didn't want to talk in a forum where every second post was made by such a wanker, and got on with my life.

GAH! I shouldn't have been so serious. How can anyone take any of this seriously in the first place? It's all too ridiculous. :D
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

There are ways of handling the situation that does not involve getting banned, punted, and etc. It involves just walking away, or going to sleep.

Meh, many other forums out there if that is your thing. This place isn't any different, we just don't tolerate much in the way of inane crap.

As for masterei, his pie-hole has been spewing forth since DP, even there he was ridiculed. So it makes sense that he would start page 'o pain in 2005.
Shisho
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Shisho »

I don't even remember him from DP.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Shisho wrote:I don't even remember him from DP.
It didn't last long, many of the mods there took care of him.