::One Piece::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Which vol is the latest chapter on 42? 43?

And is there a site where i can read about the characters?

I am asking cause i read it in swedish and the books will catch up to japan very soon. Must learn the names in english before i can talk about it with you guys.
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Post by Psycho Wolvesbane »

What names are you interested in?

The main Strawhats are: Monkey D Luffy, Roronoa Zoro, Sanji, Nami, Nico Robin, Franky and Tony Tony Chopper.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I was talking about every name of the characters that has appeared so far in the manga.

They all have wacky names that sound totaly diffrent english.

I mean its hard talking about it without knowing the villains names.

Like what is the english name of the fake god in the heaven islands they were in 30 something vols.
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Enel, but he is also known as Eneru in some quarters.

Here's a list of the minor characters: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Piece_Minor_Characters

The rest of the characters are listed at the bottom in various different pages.

Oh and not much to tell from chapter 437 except that FRANKY IS NOW A STRAWHAT!!!!!
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Lucky me i dont know who Franky is cause of his name being diffrent in english :D
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Chapter 438 will be scanlated soon and it looks like they finally set sail, but under what circumstances? I cannot tell.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

As I'm sure you've all read the new chapter by now, I'll just say I'm glad that Ussop is back. I thought the chapter was kind of deep, and I especially liked what Zoro said. I find it interesting that Ussop did completely apologize, and I do feel that it was the proper thing to do. Woot, go One Piece.
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Now we see exactly what Garp is capable of as a Marine Vice-Admiral, his ship may as well not have cannons seeing as he makes them seem useless in comparison, especially due to strangth and accuracy, but not always for depenancy due to Garp's sleeping tendancies.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I thought they would just take back Ussop without an apology but I guess not... I wonder how the Battle Franky will fare against all the cannon fire... I also want to see how it fights back :twisted:

I need to see some more dial fighting from Ussop... I hope he got the reject dial from the main fighter on Sky Piea and like attached it too his weapon so that he doesnt take any of the blow :twisted: or maybe a impact dial under the Reject dial now that would be smart :cool:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Who cares!!!! It's true, it's true!

What I'm talking about is the collaboration's work between Toriyama and Oda. There is spoilers pics around already. So just to let you know it's confirmed info. I'll try to provide links when they come out.

I don't think anybody is as excited as me right now.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

I read that awhile ago, the Dragon Ball x One piece thing, it was on the Shonen Jump future releases page so i never thought it was a rumor, nice little project anyway.

First that special Naruto x One piece OAV that will come out soon and now this, One piece is becoming even more famous with time.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Here is a Scantlation of that Dragon Ball OP mix http://www.kefi.org/
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Holy Shnikes! I’m going to have to check this out.

Anyway, Coup de Bust was pretty cool eh? Still no sign of a main cannon though, but we’ll see. Man, did you see the size of that chain and cannon ball that Garp tried to hit them with. Damn, now that’s World Government level strength. It’s only going to get heavier from here. Although the name Mermaid Island is worrying me. It sounds odd, but that’s how it is with One Piece. I can only assume things are going to grow even more intense, as that’s what One Piece has continued to do since day one. Hm, Mermaid Island is it? Very well then.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I wander what the DF users are going to do to go underwater... and survive that is :twisted: ..... I am pretty sure Franky doesnt need to breath, often :)
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

OMFG, I urge you in all that is kick-ass to read this new chapter! (Ch440): http://groups.msn.com/OnePieceMangav-2/chapter440.msnw
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

New Chapter rock more bounty stuff and it shows what happens between BlackBeard and Ace :twisted: got to see the rest of that fight :cool:
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Darkness fruit WTF!!!
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

These fruits are pretty unbalanced, but it seems that when you got the right counter to it they are powerless. I don't remember if Crocodile's fruit was a Logia, but Luffy was able to counter it pretty damn well. Same for Eneru, even if in his case it was pretty much an inner property of ruber.
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Well no chapter last week unsuprisingly but surely there'll be one this week?
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I dont know but I am getting tired of this no new Manga in the new year shit where is my OP and Naruto... and where is the berserk?????(JK I know where and when berserk is coming out and I am stoked :twisted: )
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

So am I. Apparently there are no SJ releases for the first 2 weeks of the new year and we won't get one until the 18th of January which means next week for new One Piece.
Pergatory
Mastered PM

Post by Pergatory »

*SPOILER*

.....If Ace is dead i will be PISSED!!!!!!!!!

but yea i had a feeling his power was gonna have something to do with gravity, kinda made sence
The Sea At Night Time Makes Me Shiver...If You Stare At It...It Feelis Like You'll Get Swallowed...Into The Depth Of This Dark Wave... Image
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Now that Luffy and the staw hats are off looking for another island to advanture, the silly ship starts up again... I kind of want them to get to an island that is NOT in trouble or doesnt have anything wrong with it, so they can just sit and relax and wait for the Log Post to set... you never know it could be mermaid Island :twisted:
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Well they technically haven't done any of those things you listed you didn't want them to do in 442, they just wandered into the One Piece's world version of the Bermuda triangle and met this Gentleman-like-Afro-haired-Skeleton that's almost as perverted as Master Roshi from the Dragon ball series, how could you not like that?