Kentaro Muira is a Sexist Bastard

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Shisho
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Shisho »

psi29a wrote:I read the thread to be 'Miura is one sexy bastard'. 8)

Thanks swallow for adding a lil life to the forums.

PS: wasurera, if ya gotta add more info, then edit your last post. No need to post again unless someone responded to you.
Yeah I read it as "sexiest".

Believe me his work illustrates more than sexist behavior. (In reality if he was to be accurate of the middle ages there wouldn't be a Casca the warrior.) I think it's amusing that people are still stupid enough to believe what people portray in their comics expresses their personal opinions, or is in some way true to real life.

If you were actually interested in his real opinion you might try reading his interview to get a better understanding of how he created Berserk. He's an observer of sorts.

Ignore the ethereal beings and magic, we're concerned about the facts of a period and that there might be a woman in the story who is adversely affected by it.

By this account he's also a child molester.

Is he sexist, or the sexiest? I don't know and I don't really care, as it won't stop me from reading or enjoying Berserk.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

so even if you were fucking with us, i still have to give my 2 cents. you see, i dont give a rat's ass if you just said you were fucking with us b/c you got burnt by the flame so listen up.

swallow,
if you are indeed a woman, then you must know that all women experience their periods differently. some can barely feel it while other are bed ridden for 2 weeks and it doesn't matter how kick ass they may be, they just cant get up.

caska is one of the most non cliche kick ass female characters in most anime/manga. it is so disrespectful to call miura a sexist when if anything, he redeems women of that time.

caska is NOT a victim of sexism.

if you are so set on bitching about sexism and enlightening all of the evil men, you would do yourself a favor and find a REAL problem. ...maybe in REAL life.

if you want to worry about what is not realistic in berserk , why not question the otherworldly creatures, the behlit, or even the eclipse? instead you question a personal and very subjective physical reaction to a fictional character's period.

so there. i hope this thread burns in hell. i dont want to think about how useless and unneeded it is.

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
swallow
notanewb

Post by swallow »

Sortep wrote:Understand Swallow, the nads of the Sortep are the hardest material in the universe. So feel free to break your foot upon them. Other than that, I just got a little riled up because I can't stand when people pull the "Selective Woman Card." But otherwise, happy menstruation! :twisted:
I didn't find anything you said offensive, that kick in the 'nads is for a completely different reason. What you plated them in copper?

I'm sorry if you're pissed Fuji, the main reason I started the thread was because I was bored at work - what was I supposed to do, finish off my paperwork instead of pointlessly antagonising people on the internet? (There's a reason that Australia has one of the lowest productivity rates in the world.)

If you want Psi, please give me an 'Don't mind me I'm a dumbass' title, I'll wear it with a degree of pride. I've been feeling like a dumbass lately (not for fucking around on the forum mind you, just life in general).

Oh, and that offer of hot cocoa is still up.
Procrastination at its finest.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

No, the nads are solid titanium... unfortunately it's genetic... women call me the "chin breaker" .... i'm simply curious why i deserve a kick to the nads? why would someone desecrate the illustrious sortep? penguins like me damnit!
Bow to Golbez
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

swallow wrote:If you want Psi, please give me an 'Don't mind me I'm a dumbass' title, I'll wear it with a degree of pride. I've been feeling like a dumbass lately (not for fucking around on the forum mind you, just life in general).

Oh, and that offer of hot cocoa is still up.
I'll take that hot cocoa. I enjoyed the thread, so no need for the title. That is reserved for when everyone agrees a person deserves it.

Whatever gets people talking and more or less about interesting shit. 8)

:worship:
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

swallow wrote:And if you really wanted to win that fencing competition, you could have just shat your pants rather than running to the bathroom all the time, but considering the spectators, it was probably for the best that you didn't. :?
Nah, it wasn't a 'shit factor'. It was the colics that kicked in. Sweating, feeling abdominal pain (in a sport where you keep moving and twisting your torso all the time) was painfull :)
Kanzetsu
imanewbie

Post by Kanzetsu »

I lol'd
Great little read about a pointless debate there, made my 4am =D
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Kanzetsu wrote:I lol'd
Great little read about a pointless debate there, made my 4am =D
At least it was mildly interesting, unlike some post I just read.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Lady Envy
imanewbie

Post by Lady Envy »

Meh. Some girls get sick when they have their period. I do.

I don't think that part was exactly sexist. The only thing I find sexist in Berserk is the fact that Casca gets raped so much.

Of course it wouldn't matter. But you'd need energy for a battle. And your energy would be low if you were dealing with some bad cramps.
Shisho

Post by Shisho »

I don't know if you noticed, everyone gets raped in Berserk.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

That's actually true. Well... partly - did Isidoro get raped? Maybe not him.

And all those other guys, they don't get raped, either, Farnese and Serpico. Nor does Puck, unfortunately.

So it should be: Every old main character gets raped. Even Griff got buttfucked, albeit for money.
Brainpiercing
Ollie
imanewbie

Post by Ollie »

swallow wrote:There's not an emoticon out there which can show how much I'm laughing right now. Some of you realised I was screwing with you... others not so much. Except I still want to kick Sortep in the 'nads - only as a sign of affection mind you.
Aww, and here I was, thinking that you were an angry lesbian. I was about to recommend you to one of my female friends, too. ):
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Ollie wrote:Aww, and here I was, thinking that you were an angry lesbian. I was about to recommend you to one of my female friends, too. ):
You can, uh, introduce her to me. Just out of curiousity. I'll set her straight.

As for Casca getting raped so much, she's not the only exception. Most women in the manga gets raped pretty excessively, although they're more like trivial and secondary characters. At first, I hated Farnese, but now I'm starting to grow attached to her.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Shisho

Post by Shisho »

Brainpiercing wrote:That's actually true. Well... partly - did Isidoro get raped? Maybe not him.

And all those other guys, they don't get raped, either, Farnese and Serpico. Nor does Puck, unfortunately.

So it should be: Every old main character gets raped. Even Griff got buttfucked, albeit for money.
They just haven't shown the flashbacks is all.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Ah, what the world is waiting for : THE SHOCKING PUCK SEX VIDEO!!!
Brainpiercing
Lungs
notanewb

Post by Lungs »

Hahaha! Puck sex! That'll be pathetic... I feel ashamed having read it.

I think one of the funniest thing about feminism is when females try and call men sexist... ahhh! What's going on there, eh. A waste of time, I think. Say I'm slapping some 'bitch's' 'ass', and she turns round and calls me sexist (or chauvinistic, or socially retarded)... should I reply to that by castrating myself and start hanging out in male locker rooms - knowing that an epiphany, regarding gender difference, is but an arm's reach away. WHAT THE FUCK. See? How does that make sense. It doesn't. If someone calls you sexist, you call them sexist. And hopefully the argument closes. Nothing else will work.
Sarah
imanewbie

Post by Sarah »

I haven't read all the posts but to reply to the earlier ones.. Not every woman gets as bad as Caska did in that scene but some do (I do!) I related to her in those moments more then thinking it was pathetic :o
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

lol i thought this was SarahofBorg posting for a sec. i was like "oh she's back?" :lol:
Sarah
imanewbie

Post by Sarah »

MrFelony wrote:lol i thought this was SarahofBorg posting for a sec. i was like "oh she's back?" :lol:

Sorry to disappoint :p
Shisho

Post by Shisho »

So how many modern women today go fight rigorously with swords and armor on a grueling battle field on their periods anyway?

A show of hands will do.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Miura and I would like you to Say Hello to Postfeminism (NSFW Image ahead)

Now dance puppets, DANCE!
ImageImage
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

Sick!...But true. I hope. :P

Heh, the serious posts keep piling up. When swallow logs in to see this she's gonna laugh her ass off. :lol:
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

War is a time of rape... midevil wartime was even more so.. you put a female on the battlefeild... combatants no longer have to go the villages to do their raping.. it's like putting in an express lane.. it's unfortunate but that's how war was back then.. muira paints a picture of how strong caska is because she overcomes (until the eclipse) these challenges... as far as the tentacle stuff goes... i wouldn't be much better off than caska... and i defy someone to say they would be
Bow to Golbez
Spiderking
imanewbie

Post by Spiderking »

Also another reason she could have fallen is from stress,the rain, doing battle, and leading the men. With her on her period that makes it all that much harder. It wasn't the best reason, but still it does make sense. That she even went to battle is amazing showing just how tough she is I mean she is fighting men and is having to push extremely hard. That is showing how strong she is, she stopped Adon's attacks while other troops got slaughtered by him. That's an example on how tough her character is.

To the rape part of Berserk notice all those who did it are not good people, it is showing how evil and wrong rape is, not one person who had good character did such a thing only people with problems. Rape is also very real it happens all to much because people in reality are not good, always looking for their own self gain over anything else. So it is merely a reflection on human life so we can see how truly vile we are.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Just so you know, at last in the US, if the person says no at any point in time during sex, it then is not consensual. Even if you stop, the act of pulling out is rape and that person can be charged.

Rape is a serious issue.