Which Mangas are you reading?

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Slam Dunk Manga ends way after the anime so you really should see how the story really ends.

Hajime No Ippo is the daddy of sport mangas,its about boxning. There is a reason it has over 75+ vols.

I am gonna read Eyeshield 21 soon cause i dont wanna bother with the anime cause i know fillers are coming.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Libaax wrote:Hajime No Ippo is the daddy of sport mangas,its about boxning. There is a reason it has over 75+ vols.
Ain't that the truth. It's as old as Berserk, and look how much more there is, heh.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I was shocked about how fast the mangaka is too. I mean its weekly. Its the only great manga that is weekly.

Berserk biweekly at best,Vagabond one a month at best,BOTI worse than Vagabond.

Not to take anything away from those great mangakas but its amazing to write and draw a great manga like HNI on weekly realeses.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

Death Note was published weekly too.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah, DN was but it was only 11,12 vols.
ryusenka
This is my new home

Post by ryusenka »

Libaax wrote:Yeah, DN was but it was only 11,12 vols.
That doesn't stop it from being great. Don't forget monster was also published weekly and stopped at 19 volumes.
"Understand that it's just a person - not worth devoting any nightmares to." - JTHM
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Monster and DN were the lamezorz, but thats only my advice. I think what you guys are trying to compare is too vague, greatness...

Are you trying to compare their working speed, because some of them have easier or harder art style than the others or have more complicated plots.
Some of them if not all have a team working with them which can change everything. Exemple for the story, plot, ideas and other things, some series like DN have an author and an artist working on it.
The budget they have, their salary, their working hours, their age, their experience, their life-style, their health, etc.

I dont think you can compare the working speed with the greatness of a manga without considering all the factors and defining what greatness actually is.
silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

Can't agree. Monster & DN were pretty good imho.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Finito wrote:Monster [...] lamezorz
I... just... what

*head implodes*
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
ryusenka
This is my new home

Post by ryusenka »

Finito wrote: Are you trying to compare their working speed, because some of them have easier or harder art style than the others or have more complicated plots.at
Some of them if not all have a team working with them which can change everything. Exemple for the story, plot, ideas and other things, some series like DN have an author and an artist working on it. but ths only my advice. I think what you guys are trying to compare is too vague, greatness...

Are you trying to compare their working speed, because some of them have easier or harder art style than the others or have more complicated plots.
Some of them if not all have a team working with them which can change everything. Exemple for the story, plot, ideas and other things, some series like DN have an author and an artist working on it.
The budget they have, their salary, their working hours, their age, their experience, their life-style, their health, etc.

I dont think you can compare the working speed with the greatness of a manga without considering all the factors and defining what greatness actually is.
I wasn't talking about the process of making the comic, yes that does matter a lot but that wasn't what I was trying to point out, I'm talking about how short manga can be as good just as long manga.
Finito wrote: Monster and DN were the lamezorz
HAHAHAHAHAHA, you monster :OWTH:
"Understand that it's just a person - not worth devoting any nightmares to." - JTHM
ZombieToaster
Mastered PM

Post by ZombieToaster »

i dont think that was meant for you :p
Groovy!
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

ryusenka wrote:
Libaax wrote:Yeah, DN was but it was only 11,12 vols.
That doesn't stop it from being great. Don't forget monster was also published weekly and stopped at 19 volumes.

I never said DN was less good just cause it was 12 vols.

I just thought writing a great weekly for 17 years and counting is amazing.

DN is one of my fav mangas,easy in my top ten favs.

Looking for the mangakas next manga.

Hope she stays with the artist of DN,his art was very good.
3rdbloodage
Mastered PM

Post by 3rdbloodage »

dear diary
While Looking for possible scanlations of [Violence Jack] .. i stumbled on [Amon apocalypse of devilman].. more than Average .. since the artist isn't [go nagai] this time .. it's [Yuu Kinutani] the man behind the weird [leviathan] !! .. & yuu did a wow job in amon, the devilman characters never Looked this good before (sorry Go).
and the Bad news is ... there is only one volume scanlated so far & the scanlation team is M.I.A .
hope someone adopt amon soon .. & it's not a bad idea to pickup [King of Throns] too ^^
Never Forget Image Never Forgive
ZombieToaster
Mastered PM

Post by ZombieToaster »

Im reading fist of the north star and fist of the blue sky. damned good mangas :)
Groovy!
Mistakenness
imanewbie

Post by Mistakenness »

Mostly, I'm just catching all mangas I've lost by the way to London...
Finito

Post by Finito »

Mistakenness wrote:Mostly, I'm just catching all mangas I've lost by the way to London...
Which are?

Well, ive been reading alot last week, in addition to keeping updated to all the releases, ive read:
-Suikoden 3 v4-5-6, finally a little action, good but still deceiving.

-Started Until Death Do Us Part and read what was out, looks really great, but only 6 chapters is not much.

-Finished reading Deus Vitae, it was pretty bad.

-Started Prince of Tennis, read up to v27 and I have to say I preffered the anime, theres more content in the anime which is pretty rare and the anime is well adapted. But the anime stops following the manga at some point.

-Found out that Crying Freeman v04-05 were added to the lurk archive for a while now, and read them, awesome manga.
Im wondering at which volume its supposed to end. There are many different labelling and editions for the manga. Anybody knows?
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Post by Psycho Wolvesbane »

I'm only reading 2, Berserk and One Piece.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Finito wrote:
Mistakenness wrote:Mostly, I'm just catching all mangas I've lost by the way to London...
Which are?

Well, ive been reading alot last week, in addition to keeping updated to all the releases, ive read:
-Suikoden 3 v4-5-6, finally a little action, good but still deceiving.

-Started Until Death Do Us Part and read what was out, looks really great, but only 6 chapters is not much.

-Finished reading Deus Vitae, it was pretty bad.

-Started Prince of Tennis, read up to v27 and I have to say I preffered the anime, theres more content in the anime which is pretty rare and the anime is well adapted. But the anime stops following the manga at some point.

-Found out that Crying Freeman v04-05 were added to the lurk archive for a while now, and read them, awesome manga.
Im wondering at which volume its supposed to end. There are many different labelling and editions for the manga. Anybody knows?

POT fillers where pretty good even if the anime was even more stupid and unrealistic than the manga.

Crying Freeman is a great manga, there is a complete torrent for it in isohunt.com i think. Then you only have to read in the order the torrent is in.

Yeah the labels are confusing but you will get the hang of it when you have read more of it.
Finito

Post by Finito »

All I can find on Isohunt is the movie and the anime, dling them anyway :P
I hope its english subbed, the uploaders didnt mention anything about subs...

This is the labelling of the Lurk ones, the first 3 volumes are Perfect Collection, 4-5 arent, there seems to be missing chapters between volumes 3 and 4. And I dont think it ends at chapter 12, becuz the ending of volume 5 seems a little rushed.

- v1 : Portrait of a Killer Perfect Collection, has chap 1 : Mr. Yo part 1-17 and chap 2 : Fallen Flower, Flowing Water part 1-5
- v2 : Shades of Death Perfect Collection, has chap 1 : The Tiger Orchid part 1-7, chap 2 : The Wind and the Crane part 1-4 and chap 3 : The Martial Vows
- v3 : The Killing Ring Perfect Collection, has chap 1 : The Separation of the Dragon and the Tiger, chap 2 : The Killing Ring part 1-8 and chap 3 : Sister part 1-7
- v4 : Abduction in Chinatown, has chap 11 : The Pomegranate part 1-15
- v5 : Journey to Freedom, has chap 12 : Journey to Freedom part 1-11
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

ZombieToaster wrote:Im reading fist of the north star and fist of the blue sky. damned good mangas :)

Fist of the blue skye? a sequal to first of north star or a prequal?
Finito

Post by Finito »

Libaax wrote:
ZombieToaster wrote:Im reading fist of the north star and fist of the blue sky. damned good mangas :)

Not a sequel, kind of a prequel since they use the stars reference and a Kenshiro which is I think an ancestor. Its based around the 1930 I think and its an action series.

I preferred North Star, the action, personnalities and plots were less cheesy. So if you thought North Star was cheesy, beware!
Mistakenness
imanewbie

Post by Mistakenness »

Finito wrote:
Which are?
You are totaly right ! ! !

Berserk, Angel Heart, Gantz, Eden, Guyver, Biomega ( I love the way Tsutomo Nihei draws , roughly indeed ) Zetman, NHK, Gunslinger Girl, Amon ( if I find volumes somewhere ) Meanwhile I should be studying :shock:
A dorian : D mixolydian = G ionian : C lydian
ZombieToaster
Mastered PM

Post by ZombieToaster »

Finito wrote:
Libaax wrote:

Not a sequel, kind of a prequel since they use the stars reference and a Kenshiro which is I think an ancestor. Its based around the 1930 I think and its an action series.

I preferred North Star, the action, personnalities and plots were less cheesy. So if you thought North Star was cheesy, beware!
yes its about the uncle of Kenshiro from fist of the northstar.

less action then the old series but i still like it. oh, and ive only read the first volume so far so i dont really know how cheesy it is :p
Groovy!
3rdbloodage
Mastered PM

Post by 3rdbloodage »

*Just Finshed Strain .. By buronson (Fist of the North Star) & art by ryoichi ikegami (Crying Freeman) .. not bad
* Latest Chapeters of Kiseijuu .. the best alien manga out there .. Finish it Manga-Otakus PLS
* Baki the Grappler Gaiden ... it's Raw .. But u need no translation to a understand a Deadly match
* trying to re-read agharta .. after reactivating the series by m-s
Never Forget Image Never Forgive
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Finito wrote:All I can find on Isohunt is the movie and the anime, dling them anyway :P
I hope its english subbed, the uploaders didnt mention anything about subs...

This is the labelling of the Lurk ones, the first 3 volumes are Perfect Collection, 4-5 arent, there seems to be missing chapters between volumes 3 and 4. And I dont think it ends at chapter 12, becuz the ending of volume 5 seems a little rushed.

- v1 : Portrait of a Killer Perfect Collection, has chap 1 : Mr. Yo part 1-17 and chap 2 : Fallen Flower, Flowing Water part 1-5
- v2 : Shades of Death Perfect Collection, has chap 1 : The Tiger Orchid part 1-7, chap 2 : The Wind and the Crane part 1-4 and chap 3 : The Martial Vows
- v3 : The Killing Ring Perfect Collection, has chap 1 : The Separation of the Dragon and the Tiger, chap 2 : The Killing Ring part 1-8 and chap 3 : Sister part 1-7
- v4 : Abduction in Chinatown, has chap 11 : The Pomegranate part 1-15
- v5 : Journey to Freedom, has chap 12 : Journey to Freedom part 1-11

The vols in this manga are extremly long. I dont remember which vol it ends with cause i read all in once almost and thanks to crazy labels.

Tell me what happens in the end vol 5 in a pm and i can tell you if its the end. I think it ended at vol 5.