Newbie Berserk Discussion Thread

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I trust Skull Knight. Besides, the child was obviously not fully developed. It was only because of Griffith's demon seed that the little tike survived the miscarriage.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

isn't it all speculation bout the child. where does it show SK saying that?
Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

We aren't talking abou the one at the beach. We're talking about the one which emerged from Caska's womb whilst Guts and the Skull Knight looked on.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

same thing :P...not really but still
azzydakiller
imanewbie

Post by azzydakiller »

Dagda Mor wrote:The skull knight told us so. We don't have any reason to doubt his word.
yeah but he also said that the baby was evil... and yet he doesnt seem to be.

anyway SK is not an all knowing god he might have been wrong.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

then let's just say that Guts got there first...if you know what I mean

anyway if it wasn't his child, then why the fuck would he keep appearing to him, and even warn him that Caska was in trouble?
Whitey G could have saved her just the same
azzydakiller
imanewbie

Post by azzydakiller »

True... but he might have not impragenated her. its not always 100% you know
as for why he appeared to guts...
maybe he thinks its that he is his father or maybe he followed him becouse he has the mark of a sacrifice wich attracts the spirits....

anyway the reason i bring this up is becouse maybe this will become part of the plot later on, and maybe this might be another issue that gutts has to face
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

you forget skully.

the baby warned guts because Idea wanted/needed Guts to come save casca so that she and the baby could come into contact with the egg apostle so that he could create griffith (and the beach child im assuming) from the evil fetus. whitey G wasnt "born" yet.

Casca is undoubtedly the mother, so the child does whatever he can to protect her.
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

Question: why would the Egg apostle create the Beachboy?
Gundam_Bobcat
Mastered PM

Post by Gundam_Bobcat »

Aeriel wrote:Question: why would the Egg apostle create the Beachboy?
Personally I dont think it is, the Egg apostle turned into new Griffith. As for the beach kid I really dont have a good idea of who or what it is, I know for sure it cant be an apostle cause Caska held the boy. The only odd point is that the boy looks like it could be the kid of Guts and Caska.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

hmm the idea that the egg apostle turned into griffith is interesting, hadnt thought of that. what i've always thought was that the egg apostle took the "infected fetus child" of casca and seperated her and guts' child from the demon seed of griffith and turned that demon seed into a worldly griffith. the child however, had been vastly altered by hosting griffith's seed and being in the eclipse so it has powers or something...

however, the idea of the egg apostle combining itself with the griffith seed could possibly work...if anyone would want to put of the pages where he transforms that'd be nice since i dont have my berserk chapters anymore I can't reread them myself :(.
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

this theories about that kid sounds good , that kid is a total mystery right now but i can guess a lot of things about him , like is really Griffith the chosen to create the new world ? well it could be , but if that kid was born from the egg apostle too then i really would bet that this is the one who will make the new world ( the change that the egg apostle whised ) , i mean that kid seems powerful ( or at least have some magic power ) so or is an apostle or Gatts son , i hope Gatts son because it would be really cool to see this kid fighting to protect his father against other apostle or even Griffith , just think about that scenario ......
Ultra Berserk fan , Gatts wanna be . Image and EvilDmitri rocks ftw.
Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

Here's a creepy theory: What if the kid was Griffith? Not Griffith's child, but ol'Shiny-Hair himself? Since it seems probable that griffith is occupying the child's body, what if he's simply indulging in the child's impulses (as we may have seen when he shielded Caska) and taking that form while remaining mentally unchanged?

Really casts everything about that encounter in a new light...
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

I think we have a thread for that theory and its 50+ pages long :P
Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

Good thing I was posting about it in this thread then.
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

Well, Griffit says (actually, thinks) that he took the body of Caska's child (Beast Swordsman VS Black Swordsman chapter). As for the Egg, what happens to common chicken egg when a chicken immerges? It breaks. It is only a shell, a medium for bringing the chicken in this world (to be eaten, unfortunately :) )
agentitai
imanewbie

Post by agentitai »

it is amazing (along so many other things) .... at lest i think so.
I am reading Berserk all over again, and i notice that when Guts took his berserker armor off for the first time he was all skinny and fragile...
And in the city later after he rested and ate he looked much healthier
WOW Kentaro Miura really dedicating attention to the details...
fix your sig, its to big, 160px height. read the guidelines http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/9708 ... opy2wp.gif
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

It is his job :)
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

Berserk has a very high standard of artwork, probably the best I've seen in any manga and it steadily gets better throughout the chapters and volumes. That was the initial draw for me, but underneath the severed heads and sea of blood was an excellent story with great plot twists and characters you could grow attached to.

I love Berserk!

It is Miura's baby and I imagine he take's pride in how it's presented and received by the fans. Such is the situation now with chapter 280. He wants to make sure the coming chapters are well layed-out and relevant to the story. Something big is about to happen in the world of Berserk...well, that's what I'd like to think. Perhaps he's partaking in an orgy or torturing the shackled prisoners of his dungeon...*sigh* I just hope theres some new material before '07.
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

EnglishJim wrote: Perhaps he's partaking in an orgy or torturing the shackled prisoners of his dungeon...*sigh* I just hope theres some new material before '07.
Judging from this, I think we should go easy on orgies/SM comments from now on. We are corrupting innocent lurkers :twisted:
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Don't be silly. If anything, maybe we should increase the number of such comments, since it is becoming clear that they are effective. After all, corruption is good for the soul. We have a duty to corrupt as many innocents as possible, for their own good.

Besides, anyone who can remain pure and uncorrupt after reading all of Berserk, and enjoy the series, deserves to be shot on general principle for setting a bad example.
Before the first star flared into life, it was there. When the last light flickers and dies, it will be there. It is beyond all things, consumes all things, for it is the Primordial Darkness, and all things are its prey.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

i've been setting a bad example for a year now lol
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

Istvan, I fear that more and more you post, more and more you are falling in darkness. It might seem to you that you are actually embracing it and bending it to serve your will, but you are wrong! Ultimately the darkness will consume you and you will find your personality devoured and body consumed by the Dark Lords of the Outer Realms. Remember our mutual hero - Gutts! While he was forced to live his life in darkness (and learned to utilize it somewhat), at the same time he fights it for all he's worth!
Do not underestimate the power of the light side!
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

strong side!...wait you said light side nevermind

+1 take that skully
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

MrFelony wrote:strong side!...wait you said light side nevermind
Lol! :D

MrFelony wrote:+1 take that skully
Huh? Don't understand...