Berserk Chapter: 279

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Deathbringer wrote:I said "about" him, not "from" him but thanks anyway.
Oh right, heh, uh, no, no news about him. He's probably gone fishing for a couple of months.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Or maybe he's run into some form of writer's block? Oh well, I suppose all we can do is hope for next month.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

I wonder what he does on his "breaks". Swing a 6 foot long sword in a waterfall sun up to sun down :?:
"Context is for Kings"
jistanidiot
imanewbie

Post by jistanidiot »

Grahf wrote:I wonder what he does on his "breaks". Swing a 6 foot long sword in a waterfall sun up to sun down :?:

I thought we decided it he spent his free time in hot nekid orgies. :roll: Yeah yeah I know already over done.

Wasn't there an interview or two floating around the net that briefly touched on what he did for fun? Of course I can't seem to find them now so maybe I just imagined it. :cry:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

He tortures people in his dungeon. Where do you think he gets the material for Berserk, heh. :P
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Shooting arrows into peoples eyes and throats huh? lol Research and Population control, two birds with one stone.
"Context is for Kings"
Jon Maitreya
notanewb

Post by Jon Maitreya »

Well if he isn't having nekkid orgies, killing randoms, or, indeed, fishing, I suspect Miura may be trying to work out *exactly* how he wants the upcoming battle to be depicted. I mean, it's fairly certain that griffith will defeat the Kushan's, but the how is what really matters here. This is a key turning point in the Berserk plotline, and the current chapter of the story is likely titled 'Falconia' for a very good reason. It's only natural that he shoudl take a, perhaps lengthy, break now. What surprises me was that he did it now, and not, say, after the previous chapter.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Perhaps, although it also wouldn't be surprising if, for something as pivotal as this, he'd already worked out what he wanted to happen ahead of time. Maybe not, there's no real way to know, of course, and the idea that he could very well still be planning it is entirely valid. Another theory is that he takes a lot of breaks so he can make sure that he doesn't ever get burned out on Berserk, since that would really suck.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I can only presume that he's taking a vacation in order to obtain some material for Berserk. It has been mentioned that he likes to look to the outside world for inspiration and ideas for plot points. Or he could just be enjoying his vacation.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
ryusenka
This is my new home

Post by ryusenka »

Yea, he really deserves a break when he creates such good chapters. I seriously wonder thought, where does he get his material for those gorgeous pictures.
"Understand that it's just a person - not worth devoting any nightmares to." - JTHM
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

ryusenka wrote:Yea, he really deserves a break when he creates such good chapters. I seriously wonder thought, where does he get his material for those gorgeous pictures.
Same place where Batman gets such wonderful toys.
"Context is for Kings"
42ndEndOfTheWorld
This is my new home

Post by 42ndEndOfTheWorld »

Maybe he is waiting for us to post here some interesting plot ideas that he can use. It has been discussed here multiple times that he uses this forum for ideas. Something tells me that he is lurking rigth now :roll:

Don't get me wrong, he IS a genius, but everyone needs help somethimes.
Last edited by 42ndEndOfTheWorld on Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

I don't think he ever used any of our ideas (he always manages to surprise us), but he may be interested to see the reactions of the fans....what they like about Berserk, and what they (or should I say we) would reject

I bet we hive him quite a headache sometimes... :P
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I doubt Miura even knows this message board exists, but boy would I be flattered if he did actually lurk around here, heh.
Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

It'd be great if he went and joined this forum as a poster. I can just see it: He makes a tentative first post and promptly gets flamed by Eldo, then leaves and never comes back. :wink:

Seriously, though, it would be awesome; about the only example I can name is how Keith Baker, designer of the Eberron Campaign Setting for D&D, is a constant poster in the setting's official forum.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

I am Miura!

Ban Femto! :kekeke:
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Devil_Dante wrote:I am Miura!

Back in your cage! Get drawing.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Devil_Dante wrote:I am Miura!

Uhh stop..

-Love the Triumvirate
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Maybe instead of lurking on forums to get ideas, Miura does it to make sure he knows what not to do (i.e. anything we've speculated might happen) and that's part of the secret for how he manages to keep surprising us.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Dagda Mor wrote:It'd be great if he went and joined this forum as a poster. I can just see it: He makes a tentative first post and promptly gets flamed by Eldo, then leaves and never comes back. :wink:
Why would he ask about release dates or if there's a second season to the anime?

Would you like to explain that?

Miura is not a retard. And it's insulting that you think he is.

Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

Please stop intuiting these hidden messages/points in my posts. Think of it as a bit of good-natured ribbing on my part.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Yeah, I know, hence the emoticon. That's why I made the Miura being a retard crack.

I personally thought it was flattering.

Azrael
notanewb

Post by Azrael »

Grahf wrote:Same place where Batman gets such wonderful toys.
Santa?
"For you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly."
- From Alan Moore's The Watchmen
Chaos_Wanderer
Found the Edit button

Post by Chaos_Wanderer »

Santa?
........ :roll: and here i am thinking that who ever would bring this thread back to life would have something insightful and profound to say. my bad.

Oh well, I guess no one has heard anything new or it would have been announced. I thought the anticipation had passed, that i would have been able too accept the fact that Chapter 280 will take a while and i could move on with my life. BUT i got bored, watched a few episodes of the anime, and i'm all fired up again :shock:
Last edited by Chaos_Wanderer on Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I know how you feel. T.T