Berserk AMVs.

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Starlore is the Mindwerks Mistress of Doom.. :whip:
Starlore
This is my new home

Post by Starlore »

Awww. See, even our Mighty Cthulhu, knows how truly loveable I am :oops: *Squeezes Psi*
"Your father sucks the flaking cocks of lepers in the lowest circle of HELL!!!"

..."Does he swallow?" ~Hellblazer

"Imagination is intelligence with an erection"~Victor Hugo

"Life is a disease...Sexually transmitted & fatal"~Neil Gaiman
UnforgivingGatsu
imanewbie

Post by UnforgivingGatsu »

Starlore wrote:You've got it :wink: No worries, not insulted or anything, I just tend to go off on tangents when it comes to peeves, so I may come across as a rowdy bitch sometimes. But really, I'm quite loveable!
:oops: sure thing... i understand :wink:
The rage inside, you can feel it grow
The knife in your heart, it begins to show
You run and you run but can’t get away
From the agony of the pain

VEA VICTIS!
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=-PE22PP4lKw[/youtube]

Lets get this thread started right! :D
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

That's not half bad, it's pretty damn good as a matter of fact.

Couldn't care less about the music though.

Also, that's the first time I've ever seen a video posted in this thread.

Youtube thingy is good.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Thats the first time you've seen that video femptoe?
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I saw Dark Tranquility in concert. They opened for Opeth. They even played that song. ;)
Fëanor Spirito di Fuoco
imanewbie

Post by Fëanor Spirito di Fuoco »

Dark Tranquility Berserk AMV is the best i've ever seen :shock:

I saw it one month ago for the first time and i show it all my friends.

They were " :shock: " too !

By the way, this is my first post.. my english is not so good and i try to merge with this great community... so do not kill me :oops:

I did an amv about berserk too.. can i post the link in this topic?

Thanks again and sorry for my many words ^^"
[...] Fëanor crebbe rapidamente, e un segreto fuoco gli si accese dentro. [...] Divenne, di tutti i Noldor allora e dopo, quello dalla mente più duttile e dalla mano più abile.
Lord Rae
Mastered PM

Post by Lord Rae »

One of my favorites as far as videos go...
Lord Rae
Mastered PM

Post by Lord Rae »

wasn't sure if I should edit this in to the above post or if I should keep it one youtube video per post for clarities sake.

My video btw...
Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

Interesting. I wouldn't exactly call it "gripping", but it's a nice change of pace.
Fëanor Spirito di Fuoco
imanewbie

Post by Fëanor Spirito di Fuoco »

I had no answer ^^"

So.. this is my Amv:

:)

edit: fixed it by wrapping the youtube tags around the url instead of just URL. -- psi29a
[...] Fëanor crebbe rapidamente, e un segreto fuoco gli si accese dentro. [...] Divenne, di tutti i Noldor allora e dopo, quello dalla mente più duttile e dalla mano più abile.
Arngrim
Mastered PM

Post by Arngrim »

My favorite Berserk amvs are (no order)

The Wonders at Your Feet
Eulogy
Cloud Connected (club connected)
Era (sentence)
Unforgiven
Bang Bang
A Berserk Christmas (in hell)
Disney's Berserk
Prince of Denmark
Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

Any chance of links to go along with those?
Arngrim
Mastered PM

Post by Arngrim »

Dagda Mor wrote:Any chance of links to go along with those?

For my videos? If not than oh well, I'll post them anyways. You must be a member of AMV.org, if not, just type the names into YouTube, most people have up'd them already. I've included a little summary+title of audio.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... d_id=55218
Prince of Denmark,
a short and simple spoof of Berserk+Last Action Hero.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... d_id=35844
Gatts Connected (In Flames-Cloud Connected Remix)
One of Sir Lagasalot's videos (He's done another in flames and a dark tranquility vid, see below) The most recent "Good" amv I have seen, worth a look. Again, dependant on taste in music for enjoyment.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... d_id=27559
Era - Sentence,
a Berserk AMV that ISN'T to metal/death metal. It's pretty good, though a little short. Still worth watching.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... d_id=23719
South Park - Christmas in Hell, AveryBerserkChristmas
Great video, worth watching more than once, it's so catchy!

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... d_id=42817
Shattered Dreams, Metallica-Unforgiven.
A very good video, used to be my fave till the two below.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... d_id=91019
Dark Tranquility, The Wonders at your Feet
Probably the most popular Berserk AMV all around. Uses manga and effects, very well done and generally one of the best Berserk AMVS out there.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... d_id=50170
Die For Me, Tool-Eulogy.
If I had to say, this is my current "favorite". Some people loved it, but other's who didn't like Tool still admired the video editing.
Lord Rae
Mastered PM

Post by Lord Rae »

the Die for me Video is my friend Wonkas. :)
Arngrim
Mastered PM

Post by Arngrim »

Lord Rae wrote:the Die for me Video is my friend Wonkas. :)
Tell him he did a great job, I gave him an opinion on AMV and gave it great scores (Which it deserves).
SJMDiablo
imanewbie

Post by SJMDiablo »

Years ago I saw an AMV for berserk using the song Touched by Vast. Has anyone seen it and possibly know where I might find it again?
Lungs
notanewb

Post by Lungs »

Lord Rae wrote: Hypeodermic studios check out Wonka's (the guys name) Tool Berserk video... its fantastic.
Shit, glad I read through before I contributed to this thread. I can't believe it's Lord Rae (you were my hero for ages), uhh... but, yes, Wonka's Berserk AMV is something which can not be missed. It is brilliant.

Cthulhu, I'm at a loss for words! My god that was intense! I've always wanted to make an AMV using manga scans, but now, no - it has been done better than I could ever do myself. I'd rather see it with a theme, though you know that saying about beggers being incapable of choice, or something along those lines... ah, can't really remember. Fucking incredible. Needless to say the most impressive parts where when the images were manipulated; fire waved, blood weeped, cherry blossoms oh-so-sweetly blew, hahaha... too good.

Lord Rae, I found your video to be most interesting. For a start, it had no violence. This in itself is unusual, but - needless to say, pleasant. Secondly, I can't help but think their is stock footage specifically designated for the construction of Berserk AMVs, it was very refreshing to see clips that I had not yet seen used in an AMV. Kinda takes a while to settle in, really. It wasn't the ordinary 'man against' or 'man destroys', it was unique in the sense that it's overall message was rather ambiguous. Contemplative. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Your studio, Otaku Vengeance, is no more, I recall - where abouts are your videos hosted, now?
Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

Here's one I enjoyed: What should I do

Edit: Also, Guts as William Wallace.
Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

When Love Attacks <-You need to watch this. By the same guy who did A Very Berserk Christmas, but this one's just priceless.
Lord Rae
Mastered PM

Post by Lord Rae »

Lungs wrote:
Lord Rae wrote: Hypeodermic studios check out Wonka's (the guys name) Tool Berserk video... its fantastic.
Shit, glad I read through before I contributed to this thread. I can't believe it's Lord Rae (you were my hero for ages), uhh... but, yes, Wonka's Berserk AMV is something which can not be missed. It is brilliant.

Lord Rae, I found your video to be most interesting. For a start, it had no violence. This in itself is unusual, but - needless to say, pleasant. Secondly, I can't help but think their is stock footage specifically designated for the construction of Berserk AMVs, it was very refreshing to see clips that I had not yet seen used in an AMV. Kinda takes a while to settle in, really. It wasn't the ordinary 'man against' or 'man destroys', it was unique in the sense that it's overall message was rather ambiguous. Contemplative. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Your studio, Otaku Vengeance, is no more, I recall - where abouts are your videos hosted, now?
my computer was down for about a month when you posted this. :) Glad I saw it.

Thanks a bunch about the comments. I run http://www.PhoenixAMV.com right now... it was my rebirth site after I left the wreckage of Otaku Vengeance. :) Kinda cheesy but I've liked the name for a couple years now and see no reason to change. heh. I also suck at html and thus haven't updated the site in forever. Its just a chore to do it... and I don't have the patience or time to construct a easy to update site. heh.

All of my videos are hosted at Animemusicvideos.org right now although I haven't had a new release in about a year. I just haven't finished anything I like although I'm working on a video atm that I really enjoy. Can't wait to have time to finish it.

Thanks again for the comments. Its hard to get alot of people behind a Berserk amv that doesn't have swords swinging through people in time with the beat. :p

:twisted:
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

I really -- really like that version of VNV nation's legion. Pity I can't find it Rae, and it works beautifully with the video, nice work.

EDIT: Found it, weee.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

Ok, here. When Love Attacks, right in the thread itself. Now will you watch it?
Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

Another AMV I recommended above, Out of Control- IMO the best straight berserk anime music video.

Curiously enough, a close second is another amv using the exact same song...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3x769YR ... ed&search=[/youtube]
Of course, feel free to reach your own opinion. For bonus points, get both to play at the same time- Best way I could see was to briefly pause the one that's ahead.