Back to school again.

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

ryusenka
This is my new home

Post by ryusenka »

Damn......first day of school. Woke up late. Got detention and had to stare at a fat lady's beard for 15 minutes.I gotta buy a whole lotta expensive shit and I saw those girls again, they said I took something of thiers (like I'd want to, damn kids). Why the hell am I in honors where they give out homework every damn day and you gotta buy expensive shit for them?!

I HATE SCHOOL.
"Understand that it's just a person - not worth devoting any nightmares to." - JTHM
Vicissitude
Professional Bastard

Post by Vicissitude »

I'm finally getting off my ass and going to school in the first place. I'm hitting up DeVry for a CID degree and a Bachelor's in... probably Networking Security.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

ryusenka wrote:Damn......first day of school. Woke up late. Got detention and had to stare at a fat lady's beard for 15 minutes.I gotta buy a whole lotta expensive shit and I saw those girls again, they said I took something of thiers (like I'd want to, damn kids). Why the hell am I in honors where they give out homework every damn day and you gotta buy expensive shit for them?!

I HATE SCHOOL.
Quit your bitching. I just spent $397 on four books.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

my japanese 3/4 just got canceled! FUCK! i guess not enough people or some shit...but no there are no other night classes where i am...this fuckn' blows. :stupid:

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Vicissitude wrote:I'm finally getting off my ass and going to school in the first place. I'm hitting up DeVry for a CID degree and a Bachelor's in... probably Networking Security.
be careful, ive heard some people try to use DeVry to transfer to colleges nd it usually doesnt work out, but that only things ive heard.
ryusenka
This is my new home

Post by ryusenka »

Gaiseric wrote:
ryusenka wrote:Damn......first day of school. Woke up late. Got detention and had to stare at a fat lady's beard for 15 minutes.I gotta buy a whole lotta expensive shit and I saw those girls again, they said I took something of thiers (like I'd want to, damn kids). Why the hell am I in honors where they give out homework every damn day and you gotta buy expensive shit for them?!

I HATE SCHOOL.
Sucks to be you :lol: .
"Understand that it's just a person - not worth devoting any nightmares to." - JTHM
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Gaiseric wrote:
Word. The best* part of it is that when you sell al those bakc, you'll get a whopping $90 bucks back if your lucky.

*- Read "Fucking Ridiculous"
ImageImage
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Tempest wrote:
Gaiseric wrote:
Word. The best* part of it is that when you sell al those bakc, you'll get a whopping $90 bucks back if your lucky.

*- Read "Fucking Ridiculous"

thats why you sell it to freshmen and get 80% back on it, or burn it which ever fits your need.
Vicissitude
Professional Bastard

Post by Vicissitude »

halfnhalf wrote:be careful, ive heard some people try to use DeVry to transfer to colleges nd it usually doesnt work out, but that only things ive heard.
I don't plan on transferring from DeVry to anywhere else, but thanks for the heads up. I'm think I'm going to fo for a dual BA for Networking Security and Web Design/Admin.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

ryusenka wrote:Sucks to be you :lol: .
Thats the same shitty attitude my 16 year old sister has.

Fuckin teenagers.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

If you ever reach University or College, you won't be laughing.

Textbooks costs a bundle.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Shalabala
imanewbie

Post by Shalabala »

Fuji Nagase wrote:my japanese 3/4 just got canceled! FUCK! i guess not enough people or some shit...but no there are no other night classes where i am...this fuckn' blows. :stupid:
Same thing happened last year at my uni. They decided to cancel the class because of too low participation. But after a few long mails to the head of the faculty they agreed to let me and one other person take the class. So it might not be such a bad idea to send in a complaint. Although I don't really know how things work where you study.
ryusenka
This is my new home

Post by ryusenka »

Eldo wrote:
If you ever reach University or College, you won't be laughing.

Textbooks costs a bundle.
Yea, I pretty much know that textbooks can cost cost a lot but right now my school provides the text books and I'm enjoying that privilage by laughing at college kids who have to buy thier books, like Eldo and Gaiseric.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Quit the bitching, the entrance fee for a school here is 500 EUR without any books, but you only pay it the first year. The books cost around 750 EUR/year. Thats 1250 EUR in the first year. If I'm lucky I can get a scholarschip (the money the government gives you for going to school).

I still haven't chosen a school yet, but normally school starts half september- 1 oktober. So I have another 2 weeks to enjoy :lol: .
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

university textbooks ARGH

I only take two classes this year (Japanese (four days a week w00t) and East-Asian Studies) and yet I can't help but wonder where all my money went.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

it can be insane. i think my worst was like 5-600$ for my damn history books
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

ryusenka wrote:
Skullkracker wrote:a new school is a place for new opportunities
good luck with it!

I wonder how many black lists you'll be topping by Friday :P
I think I've already made a lot of girl's blacklist when I entered the girls locker room on orientation.........it was an accident!

That happend me once, didnt get shit for it, the opposite for some weird reason(I kept my cool and joked about when it happend, a attempt to save grace). It ended up like I was the one initially thinking its awkward, and them finding it funny bit naturally, and talking to me about it in playful manner(weird way to get to know them) for a solid week. Weird down to earth chicks they were.

I'm hefty book prices and such, I dont get annoyed because everytime I think about how pricy it is, I also tend to think about how a dude I know will go to study in Hungary to become a doctor(here in Sweden, even if you have perfect grade, you arent guranteed a place, too many applicants, they make a draw for the topstudents), and the whole shit will cost him around 850 000 swedish crones(1 dolllar is about 7 crones), I weep with him everytime he says it hehe. He better be able to get a job as a doctor aferwards...
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

So that's about $116,911.26. That's to much money for my education.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Yeah, its crazy. My friend is studying to be a neurosurgeon. Along with the high cost of tuition and books, he also has to pay to apply to multiple medical schools and he has to pay to fly out to each one for an interview, whether he is accepted or not.