Berserk Chapter: 278

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Adaptability FTW!
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

okay, maybe not real hawk eyes, but he was def. starring strait at guts in a not so normal way. there is some intensity there though. i mean of course there should be, but...it was still a bitch move. him on his horse...mutha fuckin'....

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

I don't know...I can't really say what feeling Griffith was having looking at Gatts...can be so many possibilities...

I just don't think he was giving him the Hawk look. He's not a concern to him. After all, even Zodd let him be - if he was ANY kind of problem, Zodd would have orders to rip him asunder. I think his look was more like 'You're alive because I want to', something like that.

Weird. But that was the best chapter in a loooooooooooong time. I love Berserk's dialogs, and Wandering_Mystic and the team are to be congratulated on their translations!

Thanks Eg!!!

EDIT:
newbified wrote:I was just rereading this chapter and on the page where it shows Griffith on his horse atop the hill, the shadow he casts looks an awful lot like a silhoutte of an angel or something along those lines.

But I may just be reading too much into and and I should have posted this in the stupid Berserk theories.
No an angel. Femto :)
"I want wings"
dylec
imanewbie

Post by dylec »

Thanks for the translation.
I was almost moved to tears seeing how this chapter goes. Guts & co. can finally reach the ship. It's so nice to see Azan again. He must be the deepest sleep ever, even with a awar going on around him. The last couple of pages have no words, but spoke volumes. Good stuff!
Skullomania
imanewbie

Post by Skullomania »

so does that men that they're all going to elfhelm?
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

the hawk look doesnt mean griffith is necesarrily goign to kill you, just that he is going to use you in some "i just showed you who's boss" kinda way
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Damn, what a chapter :) Wonder for how long they´re gonna take it easy now on the boat/ship (If they even get a ship now or if they have to get to elfhelm with this little thingy).
Finally Azan joins up with the rest of the crew :)

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Joeki
notanewb

Post by Joeki »

I don't think they'll be using that little boat , since there's a bombaclad sized ship laying just behind them... :twisted:
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Post by Wandering_Mystic »

Loeviz wrote:Damn, what a chapter :) Wonder for how long they´re gonna take it easy now on the boat/ship (If they even get a ship now or if they have to get to elfhelm with this little thingy).
Finally Azan joins up with the rest of the crew :)
heh, take a good look at the last page. That big-ass ship they're heading towards is probably their boat. :roll:
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

okay a few things...

1. that was not the "look of the hawk" period, end of story, nada.... if i have to cut and paste from chapters to illustrate this fact i shall... this look is identical to the look griffith gave guts when he witnessed the death of bazuso

2. a serpico vs zodd instance... im sorry but in no amount of strategy can gary coleman beat the hulk... finito

3. guts doesn't have a right eye... guts didn't pick up a new one.... why is that even being discussed?
Bow to Golbez
lock
imanewbie

Post by lock »

Sortep wrote:okay a few things...

1. that was not the "look of the hawk" period, end of story, nada.... if i have to cut and paste from chapters to illustrate this fact i shall... this look is identical to the look griffith gave guts when he witnessed the death of bazuso
That would actually make some sense. Seeing as in chapter 277 it was said that the apostles couldn't land a blow against the emperor, Guts can however. So Griffith wanting Guts yet again, because he is one of the few people that can actually hurt creatures of that format doesn't sound all that weird.
Last edited by lock on Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

ya he's got dialated pupils. In the look of the hawk, griffith's eyes are almost all iris.
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

wow what a chapter , i would wished that Gatts fight Zodd , but in that condition he can barely move and wtf Gatts helping Griffiths ( without knowing it of course ) at least they get to the boat ( i am guessing how the legendary elf king will look like ) man now have to wait until september ( to dl the 279 in this wonderful site of course , thanks to all of you guys that make this possible ( keep doing a great job as always ) . .
Ultra Berserk fan , Gatts wanna be . Image and EvilDmitri rocks ftw.
kazami9
imanewbie

Post by kazami9 »

lock wrote:
Sortep wrote:
That would actually make some sense. Seeing as in chapter 277 it was said that the apostles couldn't land a blow against the emperor, Guts can however. So Griffith wanting Guts yet again, because he is one of the few people that can actually hurt creatures of that format doesn't sound all that weird.
Even though Guts can hurt the Emperor I don't think Griffith needs him. Griffith is still a God Hand member (even if he's in human form) and I don't think we've begun to see what his true powers are on Earth. Has anybody else noticed how conflict between Griffith and the Emperor parallels the prophesied battle between Jesus and the AntiChrist? I think this raises the question of whether or not the Emperor is truly acting of his own free will in defying the God Hand or if he's merely a pawn of fate, allowed some measure autonomy simply to make Griffith look good.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

I'm pretty sure that the reason the Emperor was made into an Apostle in the first place was to give Griffith someone to fight against so that he could be the "hero" and manuver that into gaining his kingdom.
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Istvan wrote:I'm pretty sure that the reason the Emperor was made into an Apostle in the first place was to give Griffith someone to fight against so that he could be the "hero" and manuver that into gaining his kingdom.
yeah i think that too cause as you see Griffith have planned all the things , now he is going to see the Pope and make an alliance to destroy Kushan army , man that damn Griffith knows what he needs to do to fulfill his dream .
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Hehehe it would be great if that was the reason for the Emperor cuz then when Griffith was staring at Guts in the boat he was giving Guts a "You fucked up my shit you little bitch!!" stare? ^_^

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Sortep, the right eye was being discussed because the panel discussed looked like his right eye to me, but then I killed that theory when I noticed no white hair...I think you and someone else are the only ones talking about it now...but I can't remember who and I don't care to look. ^_^
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
Chaos_Wanderer
Found the Edit button

Post by Chaos_Wanderer »

So what happens if Guts kills the emperor and unintentionally takes all Griffiths glory? Once again, the Guts effect contradicts the plans of the god hand.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

Gattsblackfalcon wrote:wow what a chapter
Loeviz wrote:Damn, what a chapter
lol

but it seems to me that most of you lack basic political skills. whether or not Guts kills the emperor doesn't really matter because most likely no one will have seen it and Griffith will still get credit for it either way.
Phoenix
Mastered PM

Post by Phoenix »

but it seems to me that most of you lack basic political skills. whether or not Guts kills the emperor doesn't really matter because most likely no one will have seen it and Griffith will still get credit for it either way.
Unless he does it while Griffith's in another continent, and the whole Kushan Army sees it.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

then the kushan army will know it and griffith will take credit for ridding the kushan threat from their homeland. Griffith is too good of a tactician to let Guts get the credit heh. even though guts technically killed the kushan emperor, Zodd helped, and Griffith will almost certainly get the credit for saving the city.
kazami9
imanewbie

Post by kazami9 »

Chaos_Wanderer wrote:So what happens if Guts kills the emperor and unintentionally takes all Griffiths glory? Once again, the Guts effect contradicts the plans of the god hand.
But that's the essential question: Does Guts' existence and actions foil the plans of the God Hand, or more importantly Fate itself, or help them? Remember Griffith wouldn't have been able to reincarnate on Earth if not for Guts' child which would have died prior to the reincarnation eclipse had Guts and Caska not escaped the first one. This is why I love this manga above all others; it constantly forces me ask the question of whether or not everyone is acting out of free will or following the predestined plan of Fate.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Sortep wrote:2. a serpico vs zodd instance... im sorry but in no amount of strategy can gary coleman beat the hulk... finito
I'm sorry, that's totally subjective sir. You can't honestly say that as a fact one way or the other. Yes, I freaking know that the chances of Serpico pulling anything off to get a win over Zodd is like a million to one or some crap. However, it's still not impossible. It's a matter of opinion at this point though, so let's just not worry about it.
TheDrizzit wrote:I think you and someone else are the only ones talking about it now...but I can't remember who and I don't care to look. ^_^
O.o
MrFelony wrote:but it seems to me that most of you lack basic political skills. whether or not Guts kills the emperor doesn't really matter because most likely no one will have seen it and Griffith will still get credit for it either way.
That's a bit presumptious. Of course Griffith would take the credit one way or another. I didn't really notice too many people disputing this.
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

well this not in chapter 278 , but what do you think about the kid in Vritanis beach , is that kid somehow the son of Gatts ? did not the son of Gatts used to Griffith's reincarnation ?.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

Starnum wrote:
MrFelony wrote:but it seems to me that most of you lack basic political skills. whether or not Guts kills the emperor doesn't really matter because most likely no one will have seen it and Griffith will still get credit for it either way.
That's a bit presumptious. Of course Griffith would take the credit one way or another. I didn't really notice too many people disputing this.
meh there were a couple of people who posted about it in a row and it bothered me for some reason :?. heh and it was only like one or two people, shouldnt have used the term most and just directed the comment at who i was refering to...