Any good mechas left?

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

HeavyForces
imanewbie

Any good mechas left?

Post by HeavyForces »

I´v seen alot of mecha and i like them and i wonder if thers still any good left? I´v seen Gundam Wing,Seed waching destiny, Gun parade march, Macross Zero,Evangelion, Full Metal Panic and Fumoffu, Vandread, Bakuretsu Tenchi. Thats prob all of the mecca ive seen i think. Some i got any more sugestions? Sry for the bad english
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Well to finish up gundam you should see 08th MS team and 0083.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Stay away from Jinki if you want mecha, the lames robots and the ugliet ever in a anime.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Trog
Mastered PM

Post by Trog »

RahXephon is a decent mecha anime. It's a bit similar to Evangelion, but there are enough differences to make it not a complete rip off.

I've read that Fafner is supposed to be rather good. I gave up on the this series after ep. 7, but those who have watched the whole thing say that it really improves later on.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

http://animenfo.com/animebygenre.php?genre=6

Here's a long list of mecha anime from animenfo. Choose your poison, I guess.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, for Gundam you might also check out Zeta, Double Zeta, and of course Victory. There are tons of good mech series out there. Fafner is awesome! I haven't finished it yet, but my best friend says it's even better than Eva. I thought you'd have liked it more Trog, since the main character is cooler than Shinji. You should give it another chance. ;)
Trog
Mastered PM

Post by Trog »

I intend to. The character design of Fafner is really good ( it's a bit reminicient of the Infinite Ryvius characters).

The main reason for my stopping to watch it, was the abundance of other new interesting animes that came out at the same time.
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

if you want intense mecha action then watch macross plus, Macross Do You Remember Love and gundam 0083... maybe even 0080 and char's counterattack

BTW youre missing out on the real gundam action if all yorue gonna settle for is SEED... SEED sucks
HeavyForces
imanewbie

Post by HeavyForces »

oki ty. I forgot Fafner and Rahxephon i have alredy seen them and they are quite good. i will try and find those that u named:) thx
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

I always thought Macross Plus was great. Might wanna check that out too.

Edit: Whoops ... i missed Dominion's post. He already mentioned it.
Laik
This is my new home

Post by Laik »

Hmm, Fafner is good but I still like Evangelion better. After all, Shinji is my favorite anime character.

Everyone pretty much said all the series I would recommend except for Kannaduki No Miko which would have been a much better series without mecha.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Big O is also a show that would have been better without the mecha but still you might wanna check it out.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
HeavyForces
imanewbie

Post by HeavyForces »

ehm.. any good sites 2 get those series? i can´t seem 2 find them...
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

wow i dont know about you guys but fafner was a big waste of time for me... i never thought i would encounter characters i could care less about than the characters from say... kirby's anime NO i mean Pokemon!!
i spent about 3 days downloading the entire package of 4.41 gigs from anime empire... god what a waste... good thing its free or i would kill myself over the money i wasted
Dark_Zilo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Dark_Zilo »

i liked Fafner but only after the 10th ep
the story doesn't follow a clear path in the first eps but when they finally set an objective and begin revealing the true intentions of the (i forgot the name they gave to the "aliens") i gets really god.
The most beautiful thing in life is life itself
Get bitten by me
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Dominion wrote:i never thought i would encounter characters i could care less about than the characters from say... kirby's anime NO i mean Pokemon!!
Kirby has an ANIME?! That's fucking mad! :roll:

I thought Fafner reminded me a bit about Stellvia. But I only watched a random episode at my friend's place.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am