~Moviez Of 2k6~

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Daedelus
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!
Location: This Island Earth! (Can be yours, if the Price is Right!)

Post by Daedelus »

Femto wrote:
Daedelus wrote:OK, then who would you cast in these roles?
How the fuck should I know?

I'm not a casting director.

Fact of the matter is, comic books just don't translate well to live action, you simply lose too much in the process.

That's why not one of the film renditions of Batman can even compare to Batman: The Animated Series. Or the X-Men movies to the X-Men series. Same with Superman and Spider-man. Animation is simply closer to comic books than live action will ever be and that's how comic book movies should be handled.

Sin City did a fairly good job at it, but an animated feature in Frank Miller's style is nothing short of drool worthy.

Comic books are their own worlds, live action is just people pretending.
Stop taking everything as such a personal attack. It's one thing to be the guy who argues his point, it's another to act like you're being constantly attacked by everyone here. You hate the actors, so I asked who you thought should be in the role. You obviously liked some actors ("Hugh Jackman does a pretty accurate Wolverine as do a couple other actors (Kelsey Grammer)"). I'm just asking who you thought was horrible and who you think could better play them.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Daedelus wrote:Stop taking everything as such a personal attack. It's one thing to be the guy who argues his point, it's another to act like you're being constantly attacked by everyone here.
roffles

That's just how I post, don't start getting sandy on me.

Also, Libaax needs to rewatch Batman: The Animated Series.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Jarhead- An ok movie that gave me a few laughs along the way :D

Flight 93- Well this movie was also ok, but about 75% of it consisted of the passengers saying goodbye to their familys over the phone. However they didnt try to make it into an action movie starring Sylvester Stallone but made it more real. To bad the plane didnt have any survivors when it crashed..

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Daedelus
Location: This Island Earth! (Can be yours, if the Price is Right!)

Post by Daedelus »

Femto wrote:
Daedelus wrote:Stop taking everything as such a personal attack. It's one thing to be the guy who argues his point, it's another to act like you're being constantly attacked by everyone here.
roffles

That's just how I post, don't start getting sandy on me.

Also, Libaax needs to rewatch Batman: The Animated Series.
I know it's how you post, but it'd just be nice if you contributed to the discussion for once, where you seem like you might have some decent opinions.

Just sayin'.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Daedelus wrote:I know it's how you post, but it'd just be nice if you contributed to the discussion for once, where you seem like you might have some decent opinions.

Just sayin'.
You mean contribute to the discussion as I've done with near every single post regarding X-Men 3 in this thread?

Come back to me after you've gone back and re-read them, sporty, then maybe, just maybe, you'll stop saying shit with absolutely nothing to back it up.

"Just sayin'"

Hahahaha.

Get over yourself.

PS: "Decent opinion" is an oxymoron, genius. An opinion is by definition not good or bad, it's just an opinion. I guess a "decent opinion" to you is had by someone who agrees with you. This just proves how far you have your head up your ass, since you're implying that you are the only one with "decent opinions" here.

How fittingly moronic.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Once again, Femto contradicts himself. Nothing new here.

My brothers and I were re-watching 'This is Spinal Tap' last night. The movie never gets old.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

BasouKazuma wrote:Once again, Femto contradicts himself. Nothing new here.

My brothers and I were re-watching 'This is Spinal Tap' last night. The movie never gets old.
Shut your hole.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

BasouKazuma wrote:Once again, Femto contradicts himself. Nothing new here.
I'm not even going to ask.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index. ... e=newsfull
"NEW YORK, NEW YORK (June 4, 2006) – Dimension Films is proud to announce that they will make a new “Halloween” movie with Rob Zombie (The Devil's Rejects, House of 1000 Corpses) writing, directing and serving as a producer. Malek Akkad of Trancas International Films (Halloween H20: 20 Years Later) will produce the feature along with Andy Gould of Vision Entertainment Group (The Devil's Rejects, House of 1000 Corpses). Zombie will also serve as music supervisor on the film. Miramax Films will co-finance the development with Dimension Films. The announcement was made today by The Weinstein Company co-chairman, Bob Weinstein.

Zombie's vision of this film is an entirely new take on the legend and will satisfy fans of the classic "Halloween" legacy while beginning a new chapter in the Michael Myers saga. This new movie will not only appeal to horror fans, but to a wider movie-going audience as well. It will not be a copycat of any prior films in the "Halloween" franchise. The film is set for an October 2007 theatrical release.

Bob Weinstein stated, "Rob Zombie is a gifted musician and performer as well as a talented filmmaker. His vision for this new 'Halloween' is spectacular and I am thrilled to be collaborating with him and to work closely with Malek Akkad to continue the legacy built by his father, the late Moustapha Akkad."

Zombie said, "I have been a huge, huge fan of John Carpenter's original film since its release. So when Bob Weinstein approached me about this, I jumped at the chance to join forces with Dimension Films on this amazing project."

The "Halloween" story began with the 1978 release of "John Carpenter's Halloween," executive produced by the late Moustapha Akkad, founder of Trancas International Films and became the highest grossing independent film of the time. Moustapha Akkad's son, Malek, is now taking some of the reigns on this new "Halloween" project to continue the outstanding work begun by his father. Malek Akkad stated, "Trancas is very excited to be working with Rob Zombie and producing another 'Halloween' with Bob Weinstein and Dimension, the home of the franchise for the last three installments. It will be a fitting and worthy tribute to my late father."

"I am thrilled to be working again with Rob and with Dimension Films on such an iconic project that will reinvigorate 'Halloween' and Michael Myers in a truly terrifying new way," stated Andy Gould, Rob Zombie's long time manager and producer of Zombie's two previous films.

Richard Saperstein, president of production, Matthew Stein, senior vice president of production and Alex Franklin, director of development and production will oversee the project on behalf of Dimension. Bret McCartney of Trancas International will oversee production on behalf of Trancas.

Andrew Kramer, executive vice president of business and legal affairs, and Lumumba Mosquera, senior vice president of business and legal affairs, negotiated on behalf of Dimension Films. Attorneys David Fox and Jeffrey Light of Myman Abell Fineman Greenspan & Light negotiated on behalf of Rob Zombie. Attorney Wayne Kazan of Weissmann Wolff Bergman Coleman & Silverman negotiated on behalf of Akkad. Rob Zombie is represented by Paradigm."

Rob Zombie writes on his official blog:

"Okay here's the real deal for those of you who are confused. As I said yesterday - I am not making Halloween 9. That series is done, complete, over.

But what I am doing is starting totally from from scratch. This the new HALLOWEEN. Call it a remake, an update, a reimagining or whatever, but one thing that for sure is this is a whole new start... a new begining with no connection to the other series. That is exactly why the project appeals to me. I can take it and run with it.

I talked to John Carpenter about this the other day and he said, "Go for it, Rob. Make it your own". And that's exactly what I intend to do.

COOL.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

^awesome.
ddem1

Post by ddem1 »

This could be killer stuff :D

Hope Zombie doesn't screw it :o
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Running Scared

Just wow, this movie was pure action at its best. A must see for action fans. I dont know what to write even

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0404390/

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I rented Transporter 2 and i loved every min of it.

Awesome hand to hand combat,car chases and the coolest new action star in decades. He is so cool and great cant wait for his movie with Jet Li.

Seeing them beating eacother will be awesome :D

9.5/10.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

saw munich and fight club.
munich had some intense moments where i was on the edge of my seat.
fight club... glad i finally saw what all the hooha was about. i orginally thought it was a movie about fighting or boxing but that was not the point of the movie at all.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Re-Animator: Nice violence, pretty good story. B-

Phantom of the opera original: Nice and bloody, robert england is creepy as usual pretty good B-

The Crow: A++ ONE of my FAVORITE movies of all time and my date hadn't seen it so I watched it with her and she loved it.

Bram stokers Dracula: awesomely erotic and great vampire lore. Like the 20th time I've seen it. A+

Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

"Be With Me"- i saw it at a really small asian film fest. i volunteered at. (indi) classic sad and off beat asian movie. minimalist but done very well and the actors were really great. based on a true story of this woman from singapore who became deaf and blind, and her young translator of her book. also includes a girl whose girlfriend she is in love with is breaking up with her for a guy behind her back, a sad large guy who is in love with a lady who he kind of stalks. and almost no dialogue. really amazing lighting, but i have no idea where it is supposed to take place. english text messages, chinese and maybe even thai? i thought it was a good mellow movie.

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

hey thats a singaporean film!
=)
but i didnt see it though.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0463903/
i heard it was very well received at the cannes film festival.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

wonder if this will be good or bad
http://www.apple.com/trailers/warner_in ... large.html

I usually like M. Night´s movies but I dont know about this one.
http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/ladyin ... large.html

Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

http://bloody-disgusting.com/index.php? ... e=newsfull

WOW, hollywood sure does like to do remakes lately. AND the thing is it will probally be bumped down to pg-13 by the MPAA.

Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Bastards. They will mess that one up for sure, either by toning down the violence or making the kids older.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
MournfulWoods
This is my new home

Post by MournfulWoods »

Shit. What's the point of making a remake of a movie that is still «young» and actual. I mean, I can understand remaking oldies, but a movie like Battle Royale is still....«fresh» and it doesn't need a remake at all. Well I'd probably see it anyway... but only because I'm a movie maniac
http://backalleybazaar.wordpress.com
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

The new texas chainsaw movie doesnt look to good. I mean, for all intents and purposes I think its gona be the same as the first. *sigh* They even have some gimick on the trailers site where you can only view it from 10pm to 4am.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Buzkashi wrote:The new texas chainsaw movie doesnt look to good. I mean, for all intents and purposes I think its gona be the same as the first. *sigh* They even have some gimick on the trailers site where you can only view it from 10pm to 4am.
The first one didnt have enough killings with the chainsaw. i loved the cinemtography from the first movie, so i think ill enjoy this one.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Loeviz wrote:Running Scared

Just wow, this movie was pure action at its best. A must see for action fans. I dont know what to write even

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0404390/
OMG, this movie came out of nowhere. I had never heard of it before you mentioned it, so when i saw it at the rental store I figured i would give it a shot. Very intense movie, tons of action. Not much plot wise, but there are a few twists. I recommend it.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

ok i am gona download it now.
=)