The official TV show thread

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

24 is...

the fucking show where Jack FUCKING Bauer owns everything!
36%
24? whats that?
64%

Total votes: 28

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Lost i have lost all hopes for it ever being great again. Season 2 has been boring and stalling.

Juni and july is golden months of tv for me cause The Dead Zone,Stargate SG1 and the new Blade series starts airing.

Right now im watching Monk season 4. Awesome show, the actor and show deserves alot more emmy's
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Currently, I am watching House, Lost, and occasionally Grey's Anatomy. Well, I guess not currently, since their season finales just aired, so I guess now I have time to watch 24 and Prisonbreak.

Oh, and Top Gear just started a new season a couple weeks ago, watching that religiously.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Oh just remembered i had the last two eps of Prison Break left before i became obsessed with 24.

When you finish 24,let me know what you think about the season in the 24 thread.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

Im in for House. I just cant say no to such a high level of sarcasm.

so i gotta admit, i watch SVU like a fiend. On occasion, with my sister ill watch Best Week Ever. Lost and 24 i have heard a lot about but never got into. i've watched a good chunk of Alias, and saw the last ep. a few days ago.

ive seen monk a few times, but i didn't think i was that great.

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

i just saw the last 2 ep of desperate housewives.
it was pretty neat to see their younger selves. and bree's resolve was pretty awesome too.
its amazing how the writers can keep coming up with new plotlines, although the 'jealous lover' one is a tad overused.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Fuji Nagase wrote:Im in for House. I just cant say no to such a high level of sarcasm.
Woot, another House fan! The season finale was freaking amazing, best episode of the season.
Daedelus
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!
Location: This Island Earth! (Can be yours, if the Price is Right!)

Post by Daedelus »

Ayanami wrote:Woot, another House fan! The season finale was freaking amazing, best episode of the season.
You knew this was coming but... yawn. Here's a typical House script...

1: Episode begins, normal stuff for a couple minutes
2: Someone comes in with an OMIGOSH incurable/weird/never before seen/rare disease
3: House can cure the person, but he might get in TEH TROUBLES!
4: House does said cure, doesn't kill said person
5: "Damnit House, STOP FLYING OFF THE HANDLE!"

I watched the first three episodes of the series and was completely bored with it. I catch a clip here and there, and there's still nothing to pull me in.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I guess you missed the part where the guys eyeball popped out.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

About House i like the character and the actor is great but the medicine stuff is not so interesting to me right now.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

yeah, given they use a lot of medical terms no normal TV watching person is that familier with.

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

Gaiseric wrote:I guess you missed the part where the guys eyeball popped out.
And that does what for me now? :?
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Daedelus wrote:
Gaiseric wrote:I guess you missed the part where the guys eyeball popped out.
And that does what for me now? :?
Dude, the guys eyeball popped out!
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

That sounds so gross that i wanna see it now!
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Daedelus wrote:
Ayanami wrote:Woot, another House fan! The season finale was freaking amazing, best episode of the season.
You knew this was coming but... yawn. Here's a typical House script...

1: Episode begins, normal stuff for a couple minutes
2: Someone comes in with an OMIGOSH incurable/weird/never before seen/rare disease
3: House can cure the person, but he might get in TEH TROUBLES!
4: House does said cure, doesn't kill said person
5: "Damnit House, STOP FLYING OFF THE HANDLE!"

I watched the first three episodes of the series and was completely bored with it. I catch a clip here and there, and there's still nothing to pull me in.
That's exactly how i feel about House. I hate when shows reuse the same formula for each episode. Judging from previews of upcoming episodes, nothings changed.

Initially, it seemed fairly interesting ... but then I realized that the series was going nowhere.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Has any of you watched Firefly?

The best sci fi i have seen along with Farscape. Typical that Fox ruined the show.

It ranked nr.1 in tv.com among 16 000 shows and Fox cancels the show....
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

TV.com != Nielson ratings. #1 out of 16,000 people? That's a drop in the damn ocean.

Nielson ratings are king in the world of TV. Sure the technology is outdated and unreliable but that's what they use.

I'm not saying Firefly sucked. It was a great show, and the ensuring movie was awesome. Just know where to lay your blame and how to lay it.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

You are a genius cause i didnt know 16 000 wasnt alot.....

Just saying that the show had alot of fans much more than 16 000 but Fox didnt give it a chance.
They aired the show in wrong order or fridays nights etc

I blame them for nothing seeing the potential and not giving it the chance to succeed.

So much i heard of it before watching i thought it was ongoing series cause its apparently has a cult following and after watching it i see why.
ddem1

Post by ddem1 »

What we need are returns of classics like Walker or Renegade :cry: :cry:
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

Libaax wrote:You are a genius cause i didnt know 16 000 wasnt alot.....

Just saying that the show had alot of fans much more than 16 000 but Fox didnt give it a chance.

I blame them for nothing seeing the potential and not giving it the chance to succeed.

So much i heard of it before watching i thought it was ongoing series cause its apparently has a cult following and after watching it i see why.
When a show like Desperate Housewives has over 29 million viewers, 16,000 is nothing. 16,000 is .0005% of 29 million. That of course assumes you're working with every single one of the 16,000 people voting for Firefly, which by your admission didn't happen (else you would have called it "the only show voted for etc.") Once again, I'm simply pointing out the flaw in your arguement. I'm not saying Firefly is a bad show but stop using the numbers from a cult website to back it up.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Daedelus, you're getting your numbers mixed up. He said it was number 1 out of 16,000 other tv shows.

But your point is even more valid since there are only 4,567 people that rated Firefly.

Edit: Oh god, looking at it now, the top 100 list on TV.com is horrible.
Bleach is 11 and Naruto is 17 .... definitely a biased (geeky) user base there.

Scrubs' number 10, woot. :lol:
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Daedelus wrote:
Libaax wrote:You are a genius cause i didnt know 16 000 wasnt alot.....

When a show like Desperate Housewives has over 29 million viewers, 16,000 is nothing. 16,000 is .0005% of 29 million. That of course assumes you're working with every single one of the 16,000 people voting for Firefly, which by your admission didn't happen (else you would have called it "the only show voted for etc.") Once again, I'm simply pointing out the flaw in your arguement. I'm not saying Firefly is a bad show but stop using the numbers from a cult website to back it up.
Did you miss my previous post where i said I KNOW 16 000 ARENT MUCH....

Im not saying Firefly fame is based on only tv.com for godsake.

Your post always annoy me now i remember why cause you are expert at missing the point.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Fox cancels a lot of great shit. Well, it's obviously dependent on the ratings and viewership, of course. The deciding factor that will make those shows come back is the DVD and merch sales. Such examples can be seen for Family Guy, and the upcoming new season of Futurama. So if people buy the Firefly DVDs like crazy instead of downloading them from the net, there might be a next season brewing out there. But Wash is dead...I hope the movie wasn't meant to be the conclusion of the series.

I did find Firefly and Serinity enjoyable, but it's not exactly the best show in the world, nor is it the best sci-fi flick I've seen. I really don't find it that surprising that TV.com had it as number one, because come on, most of the people on the Internet that frequent those sites are geeks anyway. It's a bit of bias sampling there. But I do understand why it has a cult following, it's a great underdog series, and I was a bit surprised to see it cancelled, but then again, it was screened in Australia by ABC, and not the more 'powerful' or big networks like 7, 9, or 10.

The only show I watch is House. I hardly watch shows at all, House along with Family Guy is the only show I enjoy wholeheartedly. I enjoy House with a degree of guilt, because I know there's some flaws in it and each show has the same structure throughout the episodes, but I love it nevertheless. I hope they don't go for too long and ruin it, let it leave on a high note.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

i am totally bingeing off "grey's anatomy" currently.
compared to "house", i like it more. "house" has a monotone to it.
but grey's is like a symphony.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

if you guys dont watch Entourage, It's always sunny in Philly, and rescue me then you guys dont deserve to watch tv :lol:
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Eldo wrote:Fox cancels a lot of great shit. Well, it's obviously dependent on the ratings and viewership, of course. The deciding factor that will make those shows come back is the DVD and merch sales. Such examples can be seen for Family Guy, and the upcoming new season of Futurama. So if people buy the Firefly DVDs like crazy instead of downloading them from the net, there might be a next season brewing out there. But Wash is dead...I hope the movie wasn't meant to be the conclusion of the series.

I did find Firefly and Serinity enjoyable, but it's not exactly the best show in the world, nor is it the best sci-fi flick I've seen. I really don't find it that surprising that TV.com had it as number one, because come on, most of the people on the Internet that frequent those sites are geeks anyway. It's a bit of bias sampling there. But I do understand why it has a cult following, it's a great underdog series, and I was a bit surprised to see it cancelled, but then again, it was screened in Australia by ABC, and not the more 'powerful' or big networks like 7, 9, or 10.

The only show I watch is House. I hardly watch shows at all, House along with Family Guy is the only show I enjoy wholeheartedly. I enjoy House with a degree of guilt, because I know there's some flaws in it and each show has the same structure throughout the episodes, but I love it nevertheless. I hope they don't go for too long and ruin it, let it leave on a high note.
The movie was allright but the series is real cult cause the characters are wonderul.

Mal is so great, the coolest cowboy. If they did a live action on Bebop he should play Spike :P

The movie wasnt the end but just sorted make money on the series fame and give the fans something they should have got in the series.

I am not suprised that it got cancled cause fox treated it like crap, showing eps in wrong order on fridays night etc and stills has solid fan base for example the dvd of the show are in top ten best dvd sales in over 20 europeans countries.

It had the potential to become so good since it was unique.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran