~Moviez Of 2k6~

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Actually, I think Ichi the Killer was the goriest flick ever. That did gave me nightmares.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Ichi was very gorey, but overall its a rather dull movie, just shocking violence and gore. Not worth watching more than once.

If you want entertaining gore that you can watch over and over as you show it to everyone you know, check out Story of Ricky. Man, that movie cracks me up.

Audition is one of the only movies that has scared me though, well, not so much scared as made me sick.

....kiri kiri kiri... *shudders*
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Chekc out Peter Jackson's earlier movies. Some weird stuff. Dead Alive is on the list of the gory.

/SUPER NINJA EDIT

Forgot about "The Thing"

if you havent seen it, you must.
Pikachupast
Found the Edit button

Post by Pikachupast »

Recently watched Volcano Highschool, good special effects, but the argument is a bit, I don´t know how to explain. It´s lack of deep argument. So it´s perfect for sunday afternoon.
(6/10)
Aprovecha tus buenos momentos y disfruta al máximo de tu vida, a fin de cuentas no saldremos vivos de ésta. ^^
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

no one excited about mission impossible?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount ... ssibleiii/
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

halfnhalf wrote:Dead Alive is on the list of the gory.
OMG, seriously, I had forgotten all about that movie. More like blocked it out. That movie was sick. ;)

*Remebers a few scenes with the baby and shutters.*

That shit'll fuck you up.
Daedelus
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!
Location: This Island Earth! (Can be yours, if the Price is Right!)

Post by Daedelus »

Mission: Impossible III. I'm good on not seeing that. I saw the first and wasn't impressed. The second was worse. These facts combined with Tom "Batshit Fucking Loco" Cruise and you have an awesome recipe for a movie I have no desire to see.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

Daedelus wrote:Mission: Impossible III. I'm good on not seeing that. I saw the first and wasn't impressed. The second was worse. These facts combined with Tom "Batshit Fucking Loco" Cruise and you have an awesome recipe for a movie I have no desire to see.
i dont feel much for the series.
but the music is just sooooo catchy. i think its the part of the movie that defines it. when you listen to it, suddenly that particular scene seems so much cooler.
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

While I feel that the score to a movie is essential to liking it or not, I am certainly not of the camp that if the music is good, the scene is good. The score needs to blend with acting, visuals (does NOT mean so-called mind blowing special effects) and plot to create an enjoyable movie.
The Fallen
notanewb

Post by The Fallen »

Im excited for the new pirates and such. MI3 is kind of a meh, ill watch it if its playing somewhere. Its still kind of early in the year though, a lot of movies havent been announced. I saw some people writing about Ichi and audition, but id have to say the goriest movie ive seen was suicide club in terms of making me cringe. However, there are some really catchy songs in that movie.
Greed, Gluttony, Sloth, Envy, Pride, Lust, and Wrath :To you they are the 7 deadly sins, to me they are the very reason of my existence...
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

So I saw Silent Hill. Didn't ever really jump. Did have me by the balls in the suspense parts though. Overall a good movie 8.5/10. Many hot females.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

YAR!
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Hey the gook is back :P

I saw Serenity and loved it kewl characters specialy the main who talked and acted like a cowboy. I was grinning like a fool when he qiuckdrawed and shot the bad guy in the end. Seeing my two fav genres made so well is very good to see.

I give it 9/10 cause of there wasnt anything to complain about,very well made,good story,characters most of all interesting world.

Hope the tv show is as good and if they dont make a new show or a movie they will make me very angry.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

theres actually been a lot of recent movies i wanted to see but never got the chance to. like slither and silent hill, wanted to see both but havent. last thing i saw was V for Vendetta, and that was spectacular
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

I missed V for the most part. I think I saw it's at one theater back home but I imagine it'll be gone here soon. I heard pretty bad things about Slither and actual good reactions about Silent Hill. Though that might be attributed to the fact that it was a video game movie that Uwe Boll didn't touch.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

herd silent hill was decent, not as scary as the hype. ive actually herd good stuff about slither, with ppl saying its gory at times and sick humor at other times.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

Daedelus wrote:I missed V for the most part. I think I saw it's at one theater back home but I imagine it'll be gone here soon. I heard pretty bad things about Slither and actual good reactions about Silent Hill. Though that might be attributed to the fact that it was a video game movie that Uwe Boll didn't touch.
you should try to catch V soon then.
its the one of the best movie ever.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Slither looks like a good bad movie. One that is so bad its fun to watch and laugh at.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

Im all for Silent Hill. I've been taking a look at some of the american comic for it, and i like that idea too. Hopefully i can get to see it sometime soon. V was awesome as fuck. much better than i thought (of course). i had read about 5/8 of the comic for that before the movie.

Slither....what can i say. i wouldn't ever pay money to see it, but if its free, then i wont argue.

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I have the comic of V and the movie is still great which is rare.

Even though they changed some important part of the story in the movie it was pretty good. Next best comic book movie after Sin City.

Silent Hill i hope is half as good people are saying, its a great game that is too easy to make it a good movie.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

i wonder how sin city 2 will be, if it will be as good as the first or a sequel gone bad because they wanted to make big cash
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Since Frank Miller the creator of the comic is co director of SC2 it should be even better.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Libaax wrote:Since Frank Miller the creator of the comic is co director of SC2 it should be even better.
Frank Miller co-directed the first one too.
Gundam_Bobcat
Mastered PM

Post by Gundam_Bobcat »

Femto wrote:
Libaax wrote:Since Frank Miller the creator of the comic is co director of SC2 it should be even better.

Didn't Quentin Tarantino help direct it too? If/When they come out with a Sin City 2 I'll be going on opening day to see it.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Femto wrote:
Yeah so? Are you dissing Miller again?

He is the reason i started reading comics for real,dissing him near me wont do any you good ;)