Berserk Chapter: 272

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

FightClub wrote:What a douchebag. Didn't even praise us, Hawks only goes to 26, and loses a volume with every one put out by Darkhorse. Probably some kid trying to feel l337 doing the hacker speak and that shit. I mean who the hell post reviews for amazon anyway? -You need an account to do it- wtf..

Truth is Hawks only do volume scanlations, they are beyond 26. Last I checked they where at 30 waiting for volume 31.

If people want to post that crap on that public of a site, that is fine. So long as it isn't EG, because there is the wrong kind of attention we need.

This person clearly thought about only himself and to prove how big his dick is to the rest of the amazon community and probably did it without thinking of the consequences that his actions could possibly hurt The Hawks and the rest of the Berserk translation community.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Atleast he did one good thing....he didnt mention EG and cause problems for you guys.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

We aren't doing this for appreciation for recognition, you can almost say we are like a non-profitable charity. We do this for a hobby, and personally, I don't give two shits what people say about us or anything.

Actually, it's a blessing the stupid bastard didn't mention us. I'm not sure I look very good in a mugshot. That would be like reviewing a movie that isn't out in cinemas, telling everyone to download the screener. Now, that guy would get fucked up and I would love to see him get screwed.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

About the chapter, i saw Femto said that the water monster is that the brand is reacting against. I kinda agree it feels like the monster is made by apostle magic.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Libaax wrote:About the chapter, i saw Femto said that the water monster is that the brand is reacting against. I kinda agree it feels like the monster is made by apostle magic.
Usually, when the brand starts bleeding, Guts knows where it's coming from and who the culprit is.

The fact that he was unsure is what makes me curious.

I don't think it was the water thing either.
SONGSAN
imanewbie

Post by SONGSAN »

been dealing the worst computer crash i've ever experienced, took me two full days to get back here, luckily all important stuffs were recovered.

great great chapter this one is, thanks EG team!
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Usually, when the brand starts bleeding, Guts knows where it's coming from and who the culprit is.

The fact that he was unsure is what makes me curious.

I don't think it was the water thing either.
True, but usually it's also pretty obvious. I mean, I don't think the brand allows him to psychically know the location of what he senses, he just knows something is present and can deduce it from there. As to this fight, while it certainly could be the mage is really an apostle, he doesn't really seem to act like one. I wouldn't be suprised to find out that the water snake is what the brand reacted to (it has reacted to other evil magical creatures in the past).
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Actually, Guts knows where the bleeding is coming from, but he's not 100% sure if the magician is an Apostle or something that is related to them directly. Furthermore, I think the water snake is just a summon.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
paulino
imanewbie

Post by paulino »

I'll go with: the old man is not an apostle, here are my reasons:
1) usually, even in human form, the apostles all have very sharp teeth, while this old man "barely have any" (i think)
2) all the apostles shown to us up to this point have a human form of their "prime time" while this mage is a tiny little man with only skin covering his bones. Well, maybe the count is one of the exeption ..... about the "prime time thing"
Anyways, i mean he could just be someone who has alot of influence wioth dark magic, etc or maybe what Guts sensed was that giant water creature
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I don't think the sorcerer is an apostle. I think Eldo nailed it, he's simply directly related to them.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Eldo wrote:Actually, Guts knows where the bleeding is coming from, but he's not 100% sure if the magician is an Apostle or something that is related to them directly. Furthermore, I think the water snake is just a summon.
It might be only as a summon but Shierke said it gave the sorcerar power cause he used magic without hardly saying anything.

I think Guts reacts against it cause it seems more powerful than it looks.
Gundam_Bobcat
Mastered PM

Post by Gundam_Bobcat »

Well, his king is a really powerful apostle. So he could of granted him some other worldly knowledge, just like the creation of those little monster guys. (i forgot what they call them)

Thats just my take on the mage's situation.
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

Come to think about it...guys, the king give his lackeys power by infusing them with a smoke. Which is, in the end, just "part of him" (like the Count did with that warrior that wanted to kill Gatts in the first volumes, before the Golden Age). So, he's not reacting to the man. He's reacting to the "myst", that is the apostle (the king).
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

That's an interesting point. I'd actually totally forgotten about the king infusing part of himself into his followers, but it certainly might explain Guts reaction to the sorcerer. On the other hand, it would also imply that he's infused far more of himself then normal into this sorcerer (which would actually make sense, since he's the head of the sorcerers) since Guts brand didn't react to any of the other followers they've met.
yupachups
notanewb

Post by yupachups »

just to tell you guys that your great job and th EG are known beyond the US. Like here, a really small french berserk community fans :

http://www.gamekult.com/tout/forum/lire ... page4.html

you can admire here some of the toys only a few can afford, most of them are limited editon (around 400$):

ect...
i'm Here !!
Vicissitude
Professional Bastard

Post by Vicissitude »

Interesting chapter. I'd like to know how you fight something that's not solid. Freeze it somehow, I'd imagine. But something is bothering me. All throughout this chapter and the last, all I could think was:

Could that be intentional?
yupachups
notanewb

Post by yupachups »

Vicissitude wrote:Interesting chapter. I'd like to know how you fight something that's not solid. Freeze it somehow, I'd imagine. But something is bothering me. All throughout this chapter and the last, all I could think was:

nice one, :D
i'm Here !!
J2 Cool
notanewb

Post by J2 Cool »

If Guts does in fact look like Batman, that's certainly not a bad thing. Batman's a bad ass as well :lol:

Anyway, this was one of the most fun chapters in a while. Great stuff all around, and Guts really felt in character here. Also thought Ishidro impacting the fight was a great touch.

On those action figures posted above, those are awesome. Only thing I dislike is the way Griffith looks. It's similar to the manga, but I've always preferred the anime look without the long eyelashes, girlish lips, and slanted eye look. He was still in a way a "beautiful" guy, but not to a point where he was unmasculine. The manga's design at times looks to feminine and unlikeable.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Khelegond wrote:Come to think about it...guys, the king give his lackeys power by infusing them with a smoke. Which is, in the end, just "part of him" (like the Count did with that warrior that wanted to kill Gatts in the first volumes, before the Golden Age). So, he's not reacting to the man. He's reacting to the "myst", that is the apostle (the king).
That may be, but at this point all we can do is speculate.
yupachups wrote:just to tell you guys that your great job and th EG are known beyond the US.
That's always good to know, but we kind of already knew that. We've heard from people all over the world. Heck, most of our staff isn't even in the States. We've got Canadians, an Aussie, Mystic is in Germany I believe, etc...It's all good. ;)
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Vicissitude wrote:Interesting chapter. I'd like to know how you fight something that's not solid. Freeze it somehow, I'd imagine. But something is bothering me. All throughout this chapter and the last, all I could think was:

Yea, I don't like how that drawing looks. Something about it just seems ... off.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

It doesn't really look like batman to me. I can see what you're talking about, but the resemblence is too superficial for me to take seriously.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Did really read all the posts but this chapter is awesome... Dabia down but not out :evil: The coolest part of the chapter was Schierke talking to guts telling him how to control the beast and keep the power of the armour on. She lets go and guts starts thinking about apostles and bam back into berserk mode. One of these days I see him asking her to let him go into berserk mode to finish a foe.... that will be awesome :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Gundam_Bobcat
Mastered PM

Post by Gundam_Bobcat »

I don't know if Schierke will let Guts go back into berserk mode, Schierke was there when Skull Knight explained to Guts what the armor slowly does to the body. Also there is no guarantee that Schierke will be able to pull Guts back out of the rage.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

She let go of his eye and he almost squeased Farnase and Caska till it hurt, the only way he regained sanity was a touch of the eye... sure she will be able to pull him out, the question is what happens to her after it happens??
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Gundam_Bobcat
Mastered PM

Post by Gundam_Bobcat »

Who knows, right now if I was Schierke I would be a little more concerned with going to my own body rather than just chilling with Guts.

Its going to be interesting to see the long term effects of Schierke being in the armor/ Guts mind.