::Hajime no ippo::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Seriously, I want more Ippo! *pouts*
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

If calculations are correct Ignition one will be at vol 68 in 20-30 days so we dont have wait for snoppy much longer.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Argh! That's like a month from now. *Wallows in misery*
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Let me guess how long you have been reading HNI less than a year?

I have been waiting months for every Ippo vol by SC. So 20-30 days is like a second compared to that.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

I was waiting even longer than that back when they where on like volume 40. Then they went and released ten volumes and after that shit they had the audacity to wait like four months and release four chapters and then they held out for months and months and released all the shit they have released now.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Well based on the members opinions I decided to check out Hajime no Ippo, and all the vol went down the hatch in a 2 weeks span. I didnt' think I would like it because of boxing and art, but it didn't matter. I can't believe the author manage to keep the secondary characters on the scene like this, it's great. Even the oponents that are meant to be stepping stones are nicely developed. Outstanding read.
Now I guess I'm entering the painful phase of waiting for releases...Actually releasing "fight-batch" is not such a bad idea, because cliffhangers are killers in this manga.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

finally read all volumes released up to 64.
This is like you said Libaax, an awesome manga :D
When is next volume coming out?

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

SC realesed vol 64-68 long time ago go thier site now ;)

Now you finaly know why its many of us fav manga. Morikawa is the master of storytelling.

So which characters are you fav? Which dont you like so much? Which do you hate etc???
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Ohh really, have to check that out in 1 minute, no now even. Found it :D
And which characters I dislike. Hmm, a tricky one. I like them all actually I think. But if I have to choose someone I´ll go with the Itagaki family. Atleast his parents :P
Also the hang arounds that Aoki has gotten, can´t really see the use of them at all to be honest. Besides I´ve only seen them (or atleast try) train one single time, how are they too develope from that state?
Then some that I can be fed up with at times is actually Miyata :P
There are probably more of them that I don´t like now come to think of it, but the post will get a little to big then I think :D

How about you then Libaax?

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Aoki's fanboys are just there to admire they dont wanna box at all.

Itagaki's father is alittle annoying with his bad puns.

The only one i dont like right now is Hoshi you will see him in vol 66+. So i can tell why i dont like him after that,

Also Miyata i didnt like at all before the thailand trip where we saw him struggle and not just shine as the genious as he does normaly. We saw more of his character and after i didnt have anything agianst him. He can be annoying sometimes still.

Eagle was by far the lamest character ever ! Wasnt he?
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

SC just released 4 news chaps of HNI. GO grab it!
Edit:it's actually 5 chapters
fuzz
imanewbie

Post by fuzz »

Hi there, i am watching ippo anime atm, so i have question, is manga better then anime and does story continiue in it after anime ends? And could you please give me torrent tracker adress where ippo manga is located. Thanks.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

I can only answer your second question, since I don't watch the anime: FAQS.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Eagle who?? :P
haha, yeah he swooshed by and never got remembered thats for sure.
Gonna check those chapers right away Albator :)

N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

fuzz wrote:Hi there, i am watching ippo anime atm, so i have question, is manga better then anime and does story continiue in it after anime ends? And could you please give me torrent tracker adress where ippo manga is located. Thanks.
the manga is a little better but the anime is very good because it stays very faithful to the manga. The manga does continue after the anime ends (in fact it goes on for like 40 more volumes after the anime ends). I isnt that hard to find your own torrents
Pergatory
Mastered PM

Post by Pergatory »

chapter 9 and 10 of volume 68 and ch 1-3 of 69 are now out at http://mangatracker.kicks-ass.net:6969/ ... 6fd8bee5e0
The Sea At Night Time Makes Me Shiver...If You Stare At It...It Feelis Like You'll Get Swallowed...Into The Depth Of This Dark Wave... Image
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Pergatory wrote:chapter 9 and 10 of volume 68 and ch 1-3 of 69 are now out at http://mangatracker.kicks-ass.net:6969/ ... 6fd8bee5e0
Yea.. Good chapters. Ippos really starting to piss me off. He needs to quit acting like a bitch and just throw some punches. Even when the guy has a good clinch, I'm sure ippo could throw a mean punch from a weird angle.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

I thought so too. I thought he was starting to show some confidence after all his title defenses, even defeating people that fight dirty. He was supposed to be past the "cheese" champion level, but I guess he's not quite there yet. I was expecting this fight to be easier for him, unravelling all the dirty schemes of the veteran and showing the world that he was ready.
Actually if you look at that last clinch he can throw a punch on the guy's side cause the blocking shoulder is lower. Umm let see....
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Loeviz wrote:Eagle who?? :P
haha, yeah he swooshed by and never got remembered thats for sure.
Gonna check those chapers right away Albator :)
He was so lame, i was like "Taka please kill him" i hate people who look down on others. How can you underestimate a monster like Takamura i will never understand.
Laik
This is my new home

Post by Laik »

As a character, Eagle was respectable but also easy to forget. He came to Japan fully expecting to get the best challenge he could and wasn't suprised when he got it. He wasn't arrogant or conceited. He was a professional guy who was testing himself. As a boxer, he was just your typical textbook fighter.

I understand what Ippo is dealing with this time and this challenger poses more of a threat than most of the others. Ippo is quicker and can take his punches but it's all about the positions Take put him in. At this rate, Take can just keep putting those jabs out and keep clenching. If that happens, then Ippo would need the knockout because Take would be ahead of him point-wise and, as shown, the guy knows what to do after he takes one of those devestating punches.

This isn't a match where Ippo's confidence comes into play but instead his lack experience. The deciding factor is how long Take can keep this up without Ippo getting wise of course.
EG needs some help. Please feel free to contact us if you want to become a part of the staff.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Yeah, but Ippo is not at the Rookie King anymore! He's climbed the ladder to become the Japanese champion, defended the belt what, 7-8 times, all KO's? He met peoples who fought dirty and went past them, and he saw plenty of people play dirty tricks (hell he even has one in his own gym!). That's plenty of confidence AND experience, even if I think Ippo will always lack confidence (he's no Takamura).

I thought at this point in the manga Ippo had plenty of experience to deal with this and more confidence in his punches (I mean he knows they hurt!). Well it can still turn into something good since I'm quite fond of this Take character so I kind of want him to give a fight, I just didn't think he could.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Ippo is still a kid at heart and doesnt see him self as good as Date or Takamura. Now the question i have is, how tall is Ippo? i know he is really short, but for some reason the way he is built, doesnt look like a feather weight to me. Same goes for Takamura, he fights in the 155lb weight class, but he is HUGE! yah i know its a manga.....

so has anyone picked up boxing cuz of this manga??

im not apart of any organized boxing or anythign but for me i got a gym on my school campus that has some sandbags that i punch and kick every other day. (i think the bags are only 120lbs, cuz im swinging the hell out of them right now).
Laik
This is my new home

Post by Laik »

Albator wrote:Yeah, but Ippo is not at the Rookie King anymore! He's climbed the ladder to become the Japanese champion, defended the belt what, 7-8 times, all KO's? He met peoples who fought dirty and went past them, and he saw plenty of people play dirty tricks (hell he even has one in his own gym!). That's plenty of confidence AND experience, even if I think Ippo will always lack confidence (he's no Takamura).

I thought at this point in the manga Ippo had plenty of experience to deal with this and more confidence in his punches (I mean he knows they hurt!). Well it can still turn into something good since I'm quite fond of this Take character so I kind of want him to give a fight, I just didn't think he could.
I know exactly what you mean.

Ippo handles himself well but this guy isn't using dirty tricks. He's systematically doing what he knows will work and is purposely putting Ippo in a difficult situation, one where he doesn't know what to do.

He knows he can put the hurt on somebody but the problem here is exactly how is he supposed to adjust so he can. Ippo is sharp enough to catch a mistake and act on it but Take seems like he is being extra careful now. Eventually, Ippo will hopefully get his act together but it's no surprise that this is happening.

I liked boxing before I even heard of Ippo but I never paid that much attention to it. I might catch a match or two on television and I didn't seeing a pay-per-view match but that's as far as my interest went.
EG needs some help. Please feel free to contact us if you want to become a part of the staff.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Ippo's only real weakness is his lack of confidence and niavity.Take is using that. Ippo hit him once and almost killed him. No tricks would stop confident fighter like Taka,Sendou etc. They would just dig down and use dirty tricks them sell. We all saw that when Sendou killed that soutpaw guy that looked down on him and what Taka did to Eagle.

I wish only once Ippo woulndt get caught by cheap tricks like these, i mean his has i only a couple of years more wins than Take which should give him alot of experience.

At the same i understand why he falls for these tricks Take changing to soutpaw confused him enough to forget his usually dogfighting style.

I hope he learns alot from this fight so he doesnt fall for tricks like this again. I mean if he fought in world stage and fought a guy much stronger than Taka with tricks like this he would be knocked out by now.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Thought I would mention that SC released 2 new chapters, go get your fix.
THis Take character is getting more and more appealing, what I don't get is that they had no info about him, no specific prep. A guy that has twice as much fights as Ippo and an assload of KOs must have its video somewhere!?