Jesus the Stoner?

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Killfile
Flexing spam muscles

Jesus the Stoner?

Post by Killfile »

The Guardian is running an article about new research which suggests that the oils that Jesus and his followers applied to the sick contained Cannibus extracts. If pot was good enough for the Son of Man why is it immoral and illegal now? Link
Jesus was almost certainly a cannabis user and an early proponent of the medicinal properties of the drug, according to a study of scriptural texts published this month. The study suggests that Jesus and his disciples used the drug to carry out miraculous healings.
Carthago delenda est!

--Killfile @ [Nephandus.com]
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

:lol: :roll:
some scientists really are creative

I wonder how they came up with this idea
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

That makes him 10x better in my book.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Haha nice try guys!
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

8000 BC- The earliest known fabric is woven from hemp.
2737 BC- Chinese treat arthritis, gout, and other ailments with hemp.
500 BC- Scthians intoxicate themselves with leaves of the hemp plant.
1545- Spanish plant hemp in Chile.
1762- In Virginia you could be put in jail for not growing hemp.
1775- The first American flag is made from hemp by Betsy Ross.
1776- The Declaration of Independence is drafted on hemp paper.
1779- The Hemp Break, invented by Thomas Jefferson receives the first American patent.
1812- The War of 1812 is primarily about access to Russian Hemp.
1834- Young Abe Lincoln reads by hemp oil light.
1850- Extract of hemp becomes one of the most widely used medicines in the USA.
1858- Sixty tons of hemp sails, rigging, cable and caulk are carried on the USS Constitution.
1930- Henry Ford builds a car made from plant resin (including hemp) and powers it with hemp fuel.
1937- The Marijuana Tax Act is passed.
1944- The LaGuardia Report questions the Government's sanity.
1969- John Sinclair gets nine years for two joints.
1972- The Shafer Commission makes everyone think pot will soon be legal.
2000- Roughly one third of voting adults in the US have acknowledged smoking pot at some time during their lives. Presently, one person is arrested every 45 seconds for simple possession.

No one seems able to determine the exact date that hemp/cannabis/marijuana appeared on the scene. This document will trace hemp back as far as history will allow, from 8500 BC in China to present day, noting the important role this much maligned weed has played in numerous civilization down through the ages.

The oldest human ever found was wearing a hemp blouse with a silk like quality. In 2700 BC Chinese written history tells us that hemp was used for fiber, oil, and as medicine. By 450 BC hemp was being cultivated in the mid east for the same purpose. Hemp was first introduced into Europe around 1000 AD, and by the sixteenth century it was known to be the most widely cultivated crop in the world producing rope, sails, cloth, fuel, paper, paint, food and medicine.

Of course hemp was an important product to the new world. In 1762 Virginia rewarded farmers with bounties for hemp culture and manufacture, and imposed penalties upon those who did not produce it. The Declaration of Independence was drafted on hemp paper, and Betsy Ross chose hemp as the material for this country's first flag. George Washington grew hemp for fiber and recreational use, and Thomas Jefferson acquired the first American patent for his hemp break, a devise used to separate the hemp stalk into usable hurds and fiber with greater speed than the retting of past.

Without hemp America could not have successfully waged the revolution, and for the next one hundred and fifty years hemp enjoyed the position as America's top cash crop. Why then, in 1937, was the Marijuana Tax Act imposed to effectively make hemp non competitive in the commercial arena?

William Randolph Hearst had accumulated a chain of newspapers that made him the most influential man in America. He also owned vast timber holdings which fed the paper industry. Lammont Du Pont was his friend and supplied toxic chemicals which were needed for making paper. He was also the spearhead for a fledgling petrochemical industry. Both men stood to loose large if hemp turned the industrial revolution corner, which it looked like it was about to do with the invention of the "decorticator", a far superior machine to Jefferson's hemp break. With this new invention, it appeared that hemp could now be processed quickly enough to be used for paper and plywood instead of trees, and the petrochemical industry was and embarrassment considering you can make the same five hundred biodegradable products from hemp. This was not good news for Mr. Hearst or Mr. Dupont. Henry Ford had already made and fueled a car almost entirely from hemp, and it actually looked as if hemp had the capacity to affect Hearst and DuPont's bottom line.

Hearst ordered all his editors to write scathing stories about marijuana to which they replied, "What's that?" Hearst made the word up because he knew no one would believe scathing stories about hemp. The articles all denigrated Mexicans, African Americans, Jazz Musicians, and the city of New Orleans, suggesting that marijuana use would certainly lead to crime, insanity, and early violent death. After a few years of this bombardment, the country was primed for the marijuana tax act of 1937.

The marijuana tax act was sent through the good old boys network with help from Hearst and Dupont allies until it was signed into law by President Roosevelt on August 2, 1937. A slam dunk for the corporate giants, and a great lose for America. The bill actually charged a one hundred dollar an ounce tax on any commercial hemp transaction, which made American hemp noncompetitive. All hemp used by America had to be imported, that is until 1942 when our supply was cut off by the war, and the Government started it's "Hemp for Victory" campaign.

The plan called for the planting of three hundred thousand acres of hemp, and for building seventy-one processing plants... a strange position for our government to be in only four years after taxing it to death. As the end of the war drew near, the government's position on hemp flip-flopped yet again. Over night this war time wonder plant had once again become the demon weed from hell...

On November 2, 1951, Congress passed the Boggs act, increasing the penalties for all narcotics violations. They also included marijuana on the list of narcotics which was the beginning of a whole other problem. All of a sudden our jails were filling up with middle class kids caught smoking pot. Now there was a whole counter culture revolving around smoking pot, and by the mid seventies everyone was thinking it would only be a few more years till the government came to it's senses and repealed the marijuana prohibition. They must have been pipe dreaming.

Every study done on marijuana since the 1944 Laguardia report suggests that legalization is the only way out. In 1996 there were six hundred thousand Americans arrested on drug charges, of these, eighty six percent were for simple possession. Of the one million six hundred thousand people in federal and state prison, twenty-five percent are there for drug violations. This immense expenditure, capturing, prosecuting, and incarcerating, not to mention funding "the drug war", and the loss of revenue through billions of untaxed drug dollars is not a sane situation by any standards.

In the last decade Hemp's popularity has become even more prevalens; both as a recreational drug and as a raw material. Not only has smoking increased drastically, but there are now over three hundred companies in the United States that deal exclusively in hemp produucts. California and Arizona have passed the medical marijuana initiative, while other states block attempts to legalize industtrial hemp. In the meantime, once again, hemp has become America's largest cash crop beating second place corn by a mere twenty billion dollars.

There have been many little parts of the hemp/cannabis/marijuana story told, but no one has ever done a comprehensive history. We shouldn't let Misters Hearst and Dupont dictate the way we view the hemp plant today. We intend to present the truth, and, as the old saying goes, "truth is always stranger than fiction."
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Re: Jesus the Stoner?

Post by Tempest »

Killfile wrote:The Guardian is running an article about new research which suggests that the oils that Jesus and his followers applied to the sick contained Cannibus extracts. If pot was good enough for the Son of Man why is it immoral and illegal now? Link
Jesus was almost certainly a cannabis user and an early proponent of the medicinal properties of the drug, according to a study of scriptural texts published this month. The study suggests that Jesus and his disciples used the drug to carry out miraculous healings.

If by "new" you mean 3 years old, then yes it is new research.

I'm sorry I am just bitter cause I tried to submit it to Fark only to find that I was 3 years too late. Curses, foiled again. Pass it along Jesus...
ImageImage
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

well that explains the whole turning of the cheek thing.... jesus was high as shit.... jesus smoking pot and doing kung fu.... thats how i like him
Bow to Golbez
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Ohh man, they never give up do they...

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

And if the disciples were smoking the ganga, that would explain why they wrote 3 books in the bible that for the most part, just repeat themselves. They must have been sitting around one day...

"Dude, I got this idea... I'm gonna write a book, about Jesus!"
"Man... that's awesome... I'm gonna write a book too... and it's gonna be a bout Jesus... yeah. How did I think of that?"
"You guys are crazy, cause I'm gonna write a book, but THIS one... is gonna be about Jesus!"
"Awesome man.... pass the nachos...."
ImageImage
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Now we can understand why those guys thought Jesus was the son of god.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

maybe the church will give up fighting against gays and take up fighting for pot to become legal
:wink:
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

one can only hope...

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

I hope not.

Even now I fear that the upcoming generations will get more retarded than...we already are. :wink:
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

Skullkracker wrote:I hope not.

Even now I fear that the upcoming generations will get more retarded than...we already are. :wink:
but at least they'll have quality snacks and a friendlier stonier jesus
Bow to Golbez
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

you're talkin' bout' the people who'll be takin' care of you in your old days...

Great prospects
evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

Skullkracker wrote:you're talkin' bout' the people who'll be takin' care of you in your old days...

Great prospects

We'll, if they share their goods with me I'll be okay. Isn't that how Jesus "healed" the sick anyhow?
:wink:
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

evilester_me wrote:We'll, if they share their goods with me I'll be okay. Isn't that how Jesus "healed" the sick anyhow?
If weed would be the miracle cure, then you could get your fix by the doctor by now.
vtwahoo
Mastered PM

Post by vtwahoo »

Just goes to show:

The Jews expected a Messiah who would avenge the wrongs committed against them across thousands of years of history.

They got a libera, sandle-wearing, pot-smoking hippie.

And you tell me that God doesn't have a sense of humor.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Re: Jesus the Stoner?

Post by Buzkashi »

Killfile wrote:The Guardian is running an article about new research which suggests that the oils that Jesus and his followers applied to the sick contained Cannibus extracts. If pot was good enough for the Son of Man why is it immoral and illegal now? Link
You guys are straying from the point of this thread. At least I think you are. I think that Killfile is trying to say that weed should be legalized. And if he is...well that makes im good in my book.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

what is this, a pot-smokers forum? :roll:

get real folks!

the same thing is going on in my country, with a bunch of idiots wanting the right to smoke their own weed grown in their own pantry
and in my queer way I am really happy that very few take them seriosly

IMO this is the lamest reason anyone ever came up with

:idea:
why not start a poll?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah its not the world needs more people that are high.

All drugs sucks, its just poison
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Killfile
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Killfile »

I'm not sure that I'm exactly "pro-legalization" so much as I am "anti-ILlegalization." Wait... that's confusing, better spell it out.

Pot is one of the oldest drugs in the world. It has been used in religious ceremonies and as a medical herb since before the dawn of recorded history.

When Europeans landed in the New World, they brought Cannibus along with them and introduced it to the Americas where it thrived. Because it grew almost without human tending, and because the process of converting live plants into something a person could use was so simple, pot became the intoxicant of choice for Blacks (sorry, it's the least offensive non-anachronistic word I can use there) in the Americas.

When Alcohol was banned in the 1920s, the US also banned Cannibus as an intoxicant as well. When the prohibition laws were repealed, Cannibus stayed illegal as it was viewed as the "black mans drug." Whites were afraid of "drug crazed negros" (not my words... blame your grandparents) commiting all kinds of unspeakable acts, and thus kept pot illegal even as alcohol made its way back into American society.

Decades later, the consequences of that policy are still with us.... but the world has changed a lot. Pot remains one of the most effective and powerfull drugs available in the world today with applications from Chemotherapy to Occular Disorders. It represents little to no risk to patients - particularly when taken through a vaporizer, and has no development or production costs associated with it.

Yet because of 100 year old racial pressures, Cannibus remains a class 1 narcotic.

Today, the major resistance to the legalization of pot comes from completley incorrect stereotypes. "Stoners" are seen as useless layabouts who do stupid things and hurt people on accident. Drugs are thought of as dangerous - and the risk of an overdose or some other catestrophic problem frightens people away from considering them rationally.

In reality, pot users occupy every aspect of public life, from Doctors to Investment Bankers. We've had pot users in the White House, the Congress, and on the Supreme Court.

Moreover, while Alcohol poisoning kills thousands every year, and nearly 50,000 ever year from alcohol related fatailities. Cannibus, in contrast, has never once, it all of its centuries of use by the human species, killed a single individual by overdose. Not one. Never.

Yet I can pick up a six pack of PBR on my way home from work today, and even make a donation to a police charity on my way out of the store.

Am I pro-legalization? I guess, though it's more accurate to say that I can't justify why pot was illegal in the first place.
Carthago delenda est!

--Killfile @ [Nephandus.com]
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Cannibus => Cannabis?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Killfile wrote:I'm not sure that I'm exactly "pro-legalization" so much as I am "anti-ILlegalization." Wait... that's confusing, better spell it out.

Pot is one of the oldest drugs in the world. It has been used in religious ceremonies and as a medical herb since before the dawn of recorded history.

When Europeans landed in the New World, they brought Cannibus along with them and introduced it to the Americas where it thrived. Because it grew almost without human tending, and because the process of converting live plants into something a person could use was so simple, pot became the intoxicant of choice for Blacks (sorry, it's the least offensive non-anachronistic word I can use there) in the Americas.

When Alcohol was banned in the 1920s, the US also banned Cannibus as an intoxicant as well. When the prohibition laws were repealed, Cannibus stayed illegal as it was viewed as the "black mans drug." Whites were afraid of "drug crazed negros" (not my words... blame your grandparents) commiting all kinds of unspeakable acts, and thus kept pot illegal even as alcohol made its way back into American society.

Decades later, the consequences of that policy are still with us.... but the world has changed a lot. Pot remains one of the most effective and powerfull drugs available in the world today with applications from Chemotherapy to Occular Disorders. It represents little to no risk to patients - particularly when taken through a vaporizer, and has no development or production costs associated with it.

Yet because of 100 year old racial pressures, Cannibus remains a class 1 narcotic.

Today, the major resistance to the legalization of pot comes from completley incorrect stereotypes. "Stoners" are seen as useless layabouts who do stupid things and hurt people on accident. Drugs are thought of as dangerous - and the risk of an overdose or some other catestrophic problem frightens people away from considering them rationally.

In reality, pot users occupy every aspect of public life, from Doctors to Investment Bankers. We've had pot users in the White House, the Congress, and on the Supreme Court.

Moreover, while Alcohol poisoning kills thousands every year, and nearly 50,000 ever year from alcohol related fatailities. Cannibus, in contrast, has never once, it all of its centuries of use by the human species, killed a single individual by overdose. Not one. Never.

Yet I can pick up a six pack of PBR on my way home from work today, and even make a donation to a police charity on my way out of the store.

Am I pro-legalization? I guess, though it's more accurate to say that I can't justify why pot was illegal in the first place.

Using pot as a medicine is different from using it for pleasure, in that case it may lead to trying other drugs and then you are screwed.

Im not pro legalization cause after pot,they might think other drugs should be legal.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Killfile wrote:Cannibus, in contrast, has never once, it all of its centuries of use by the human species, killed a single individual by overdose. Not one. Never.
that statement might be a tiny bit strong IMO

I was about to post something similar as Libaax, but I guess I'll just use this old emoticon instead

:PLUS1: