Battle Angel Alita

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

What is it that attracts you all to Gunnm?
I've been thinking lately- everything about Gunnm makes me feel I should elitistically hate it purely on brainless-shounen/seinen-action-sucks principle, yet I absolutely adore it.

I confuse myself. :(
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

If you have read about Alita's journey to where she is now,you know there is more to BAA than just action.

I like the characters,story,sci fi feel to it,in other i like everything about this manga.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

yeah, i agree. therre is a lot of history behind whats going on.

i love the really unique characters as well as the really techically sound action sequences. the set up for eveything, the world kishiro created is really good i think. also, it was pretty origanal to begin with. maybe not as much now. but still good none the less.

i never thought i could like LO, but i think after vol. 6, im back in the game. the scene with her killing all those people (flash back) in that hallway was really amazing. and alita's thoughts became more to the alita that i like. shes really growing now that shes met somone so much better than her (shame she died btw) and learning about her past. i really want to know about her last mission. (and the omakes at the end were funny.)

also, there were some pics that looked a lot like his old style and its really confusing. and figure four is waiting for her!!!!>_< gahH! i always thought he was a good match for her, and since he wasnt at ALL a bishonen, it was good you know? but knowing that hes waiting for her still irritates me almost as much as casca's condition. .... okay, well, not that much, but its the same kind of feeling.

i cant wait for LO 7 to come out! anyone know the release date?

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

Caerula didn't die (pages 97-99), I guess they'll meet again at Mars. I am hoping to see her as Alita's mentor, somehow.

After volume 6, I had some braking problems and checked vol7 and vol8 raws. I have to say, vol8 was quite a shock to me ...
crazyankan
Mastered PM

Post by crazyankan »

Fuji Nagase wrote: i cant wait for LO 7 to come out! anyone know the release date?
Like 6-9 months :(
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

6-9 months!
it is not released on a regular basis like bimonthly or semi-annually is it?
it totally up to the whim of the writer?

i love how the story and environment is constantly refreshed and updated. the way entire supporting casts can be uprooted and replaced... the setting can do a 360 with each new arc... its the same old main character but yet a new layer is revealed.

=)
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

crazyankan wrote:Like 6-9 months :(
fuck

crazyankan
Mastered PM

Post by crazyankan »

But their are som good news also. Looks like some people are interested in starting to translate BAA LO.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

The raws are up to volume eight?!

Fuck BAA and its lack of furigana... :(
crazyankan
Mastered PM

Post by crazyankan »

yeah, the raws are up to phase 53 now (volume 8 = phase 44-49).
inkthinker
Found the Edit button

Post by inkthinker »

crazyankan wrote:Looks like Yukito has done some other mangas.
"His debut as a popular Manga artist came in 1984 when his work "KIKAI" won the best newcomer manga artists award sponsored by weekly Shonen Sunday magazine. " And their some other work called Kaikosei.
Has someone heard of them before or has someone them?
I've never heard of either, but I'd love to check 'em out... the only other manga aside from the Alita (and related) books that I know of are the Aqua Knight series, which were pretty fun. Kishiro said in an interview that he'd like to return to it, which I look forward to seeing.
inkthinker
Found the Edit button

Post by inkthinker »

Libaax wrote:Havent we read vol 6 before?

I thought we were waiting for vol 7 all this time not vol 6.
I'm pretty sure the Ripper releases are scans of the Viz volumes, which is... well, anyhow.

There's 6 volumes out from Viz now, and I guess 8 tanks? I've got 6 and 7 from Kinokuniya, they're really well-printed volumes, larger than the usual Jump tankobon and printed on high-quality paper.

I'd love to get scans of the as-yet untranslated chapters, since (much like Berserk I'm all about supporting this series in print. It's so painful getting only two volumes a year...
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

lol damn big corporate machines want people to support them. but the make it damn near impossible to really support them with their release schedules.
"Context is for Kings"
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

inkthinker wrote: I've never heard of either, but I'd love to check 'em out... the only other manga aside from the Alita (and related) books that I know of are the Aqua Knight series, which were pretty fun. Kishiro said in an interview that he'd like to return to it, which I look forward to seeing.
wait, let me get this strait. you LIKE aqua knghts? what the fuck man? that is the worst kishiro shit ive ever read. i didnt belive he could do something so bad, because he does alita, but there it is. and you like it? thats really...really quite horrible. of course you're free to think what you want or whatever, but SHII-AT! comon, really now, u like Aqua Knights? why?

crazyankan
Mastered PM

Post by crazyankan »

BAA LO 07 next week.

translation by July.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Nice great news.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Indeed.
inkthinker
Found the Edit button

Post by inkthinker »

Fuji Nagase wrote:
inkthinker wrote: I've never heard of either, but I'd love to check 'em out... the only other manga aside from the Alita (and related) books that I know of are the Aqua Knight series, which were pretty fun. Kishiro said in an interview that he'd like to return to it, which I look forward to seeing.
wait, let me get this strait. you LIKE aqua knghts? what the fuck man? that is the worst kishiro shit ive ever read. i didnt belive he could do something so bad, because he does alita, but there it is. and you like it? thats really...really quite horrible. of course you're free to think what you want or whatever, but SHII-AT! comon, really now, u like Aqua Knights? why?
I liked it.

*shrug*

It was silly, but it was really, really well-drawn. I think it was clear that Kishiro was just having fun with it, and the results show in the work. I liked the armor, I liked the fights, I think it was fun stuff.

It's nowhere near as cool as Alita, certainly.
crazyankan
Mastered PM

Post by crazyankan »

Finally!
This weekend will BAA LO 7 come out.
:beer:
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

crazyankan wrote:Finally!
This weekend will BAA LO 7 come out.
:beer:
hi crazyankan,

any estimate on when your scanlation will be complete?
=)

yaaaaaaaaaahoooooooooooooo!
crazyankan
Mastered PM

Post by crazyankan »

This one is a real translation. we(me and ripper) found some dude that translated it for us :) . He will also do BAA LO 8.

Think it could be finished today maybe. Not so much to fix on it right now.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

The ones before weren't "real"?

Anyway, whoa, LO8 too. That is awesome news.
crazyankan
Mastered PM

Post by crazyankan »

"translated" 04-06 from VIZ releases.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

crazyankan,
thanks for the heads-up!
=)

hopefully i will be able to read another amazing BAA story when i get back from thailand on friday night.
crazyankan
Mastered PM

Post by crazyankan »

[Manga] Battle Angel Alita - Last Order (Volume 7) @ http://www.rippersanime.com

A torrent is available and a direct download will come soon.