Berserk: Lost Chapter v13 Chapter 83

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

True true. I dont know why i related Berserk with our world now that you mention it. The berserk series lies in another place and time. Its like it has its own universe or something! Perhap i related what Griffeth was going through with the death which we face daily? I dunno. Anyway, its a great chapter, and some deeper material. One can only comprehend i suppose....
l33tlamer
imanewbie

Post by l33tlamer »

Just in case it hasn't been mentioned, Miura Kentaro (Berserk Mangaka) was the one that made the decision to remove this "lost" chapter from the manga volumes. It was published in the Young Animals magazine as a serialized chapter, just not in the volume.

My guess is, it either reveals too much, too early about the plot, or it was just not well thought out. We may want to ignore this chapter's contents in our discussions o_O?
Shisho
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Shisho »

Awe come on there has to be an Idea of Goodness at least. Well, if there isn't some sort of other force involved in the story beyond Idea, then there probably exists the possibility that the Idea of Evil can become the Idea of Good. If people's will changed and their desires changed then their manifestation and Idea would change to reflect that.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

But to accomplish such a change you'd have to change humanity's basic nature. It might be theoretically possible, but it isn't going to happen.
coolerimmortal
imanewbie

Post by coolerimmortal »

I've said this before on the Skullknight forums...I believe that Berserk will end with the Idea of Evil being neutralized...becoming the Idea, with no leaning either way. I suspect this will involve the destruction of the Godhand, along with Griffith perhaps sacrificing himself (I think he'll be turned during his last battle with Guts). Remember, Berserk is set in the Dark Ages...I believe the Idea's neutralization will tie into this.
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

Post by isse-pisse-päron-pung »

Yay and entering the Renaissance:?.

The age of artists and then we'll see the famous painting "Casca-Lisa" h0h0.
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

coolerimmortal wrote:I've said this before on the Skullknight forums...I believe that Berserk will end with the Idea of Evil being neutralized...becoming the Idea, with no leaning either way. I suspect this will involve the destruction of the Godhand, along with Griffith perhaps sacrificing himself (I think he'll be turned during his last battle with Guts). Remember, Berserk is set in the Dark Ages...I believe the Idea's neutralization will tie into this.
That's not a bad theory either.