Guild Wars Vs. WoW

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Which do you prefer?

World of Warcraft
88%
Guild Wars
13%

Total votes: 16

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Dangit I really wanted to play horde.... Shisho cant I transfer characters from one server to another?
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

Buzkashi wrote:Dangit I really wanted to play horde.... Shisho cant I transfer characters from one server to another?
Only if Blizzard currently has a transfer between the realms, or when they bring out the fee based transfer where you'll pay like an extra $40 and you'll be able to transfer characters. But that isn't out yet ;).
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Rosiel
Beware my tactical spam

Post by Rosiel »

Crap, now i got an itch to play WoW. When the expansion comes out, you can better believe the horde will own. The Horde gets the Blood elves. They are prolly gonna be as popular as the Night Elves.
Under Construction!
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

why will the horde get the blood elves? the blood elves didnt even have anything to do with the horde in wc3 ft
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

They had to do with the Humans though. The Blood Elves will most likely join the Horde over the Alliance because of the way that they were treated while they were helping the Human army.

Prince Kael'thas was leading the Blood Elves, and under the command of Grand Marshal Garithos was often left to rot in areas with less combat, even though the Blood Elves are a warrior people, as well as Garithos taking all of his troops at one point and then condemning Kael and his people to death for working with the Naga to fend off the Scourge from the broken city of Dalaran.

So something tells me the Blood Elves have a grudge to settle against humans.
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

Post by isse-pisse-päron-pung »

Meh.

They will have as much connections as the undead has to the horde, namely nothing.

I think it's a shame that they even allowed ud to get allied with the horde. They have whatsoever nothing in common and same will be with the elves. As a matter of fact they could let UD part and form their own team with bloodelves, nagas and forsaken since they had the same goal; destroying the frozen throne =p, After that they could let Ogres and goblins or something join the horde ;).
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

UD are the Forsaken ;). After Sylvanas broke away from Arthas while the Lich Kings power waned, she and Varimathras formed the Forsaken. Which were former members of the Scourge, which was commanded by the Lich King, who now had control over their own actions.

As far as the Forsaken not having any ties with the Horde...yeah I somewhat agree with that point. However when bringing up the fact that they set their base up beneath Lordaeron, as well as killed a commander of the human forces, and the fact that they bare such a resembelance to the Scourge which cost the Humans, Night Elves, and Dwarves quite a bit of land and casualties, I'm pretty sure they weren't going to be allowed into an alliance with them :).
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

Post by isse-pisse-päron-pung »

Hence why they should form their own faction ;).
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
grimStar
notanewb

Post by grimStar »

I tried getting in WoW, it's just too damn boring.

I hate having to grind and kill 30 stupid zebras for 8 stupid hooves! It got very tiring and I just don't have the time.

It's not a bad game though, just not for everyone. Guildwars is at least a little more exciting.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

Welcome to the horrible life of Horde leveling in the Barrens.

I can't stand leveling Horde, simply because their areas are too wide open and it's even more "Go way out to the end of the map, then come back out and I'll have a new quest that will send you to the exact same place to kill something else that I couldn't give you at the same time because you were one level too low. But now that you're 5 instead of 4 and you have no new talents, I think you're ready Champ."
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

so yeah... Darkspear, my char's name is BrotherBrick. We are gathering near IronForge.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

Understood Psi. In case people wanted to know and haven't figured it out already my characters name is Arvin, and I just hit Auberdine.

I'll catch up with you guys around the Ironforge, Stormwind area as soon as I finish the Auberdine quests, and then trek my way from Auberdine to Menethil, through the wetlands, and into Dun Morough :).
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

newbified wrote:They had to do with the Humans though. The Blood Elves will most likely join the Horde over the Alliance because of the way that they were treated while they were helping the Human army.

Prince Kael'thas was leading the Blood Elves, and under the command of Grand Marshal Garithos was often left to rot in areas with less combat, even though the Blood Elves are a warrior people, as well as Garithos taking all of his troops at one point and then condemning Kael and his people to death for working with the Naga to fend off the Scourge from the broken city of Dalaran.

So something tells me the Blood Elves have a grudge to settle against humans.
nahz i dont think so. there isnt a human settlement left to settle with. the only group left is jaina's
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

But the fact that they were so mistreated while helping the humans, might have a bearing on why they would not want to join them once again, afraid that they would simply become pawns again.
TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

i have to be a real asshole here and advise you not to get either GW or WOW... I suggest you go and try http://www.eve-online.com if you are willing to pay for a game.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Anyone who still IS playing GW, get ready for more cool updates. The newest big expansion aka 'Chapter two' entitled "Guild Wars: Factions" is set for release in 2nd quarter this year, most likely in April to coincide with the 1 year anniversary.

Page on Guild Wiki with sources

New skills, monsters, areas, and best of all 2 new jobs, Assasin and Ritualist.
On Janury the 10th ArenaNet announced a Guild Wars: Factions Global Free-for-All PvP Weekend for Guild Wars: Factions:

"Players will get their first chance to experience the new campaign when ArenaNet opens its servers to everyone for the Guild Wars: Factions Global Free-for-All PvP Weekend. This worldwide event—scheduled for January 20 through 22—is open to both existing Guild Wars players and to those who do not have a Guild Wars account. ArenaNet is distributing free access keys to the event at http://www.guildwars.com.

Oh and Guild Wars holidays are better than any MMO I've ever seen. Arena Net does NOT fuck around with global holidays I guess. They had huge celebrations for Halloween and Christmas, including Items (Candy Cane Weapons and Halloween Treats) Armors (Pumpkin helmets and Santa Hats) and Quests (You could do snowball fights and what not). And the decorations were awesome. A far cry from what I experienced in FFXI or hav eheard of in WoW.

*EDIT* - Anyone who needs a guild or wants to find me on there, PM me or just try and find me there. My character's name is Gabriel The Tempest and even if I'm not playing him, if you put that in the friend finder or whatever, It'll find me when I am playing another char (I am playing more with my Warrior and Monk nowadays)
ImageImage
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

EVE Online looks like a crappy version of Freelancer ;).
TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

newbified wrote:EVE Online looks like a crappy version of Freelancer ;).
try that the other way around :P true eve is younger but it is 10 times what freelancer could have been.