Ch 265

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

Istvan wrote:
chances are he got kicked out, you may remember that he was quite the mischief maker when he lived there. (remembr image of him "playing" with that wizard)
If that is the case, it's sort of interesting to wonder just what sort of reception Guts and Co. will recieve when it's discovered that they brought him back. After all, it's not as if his time in the human world seems to have matured him any.
I can image Puck going home with newcomers to be very much like Jar-Jar Binks when he returned to his home place underwater with the two other Jedi...but then again you can compare just about anything to Star Wars lol. Nerds always find a way.
:wink:
Turd Ferguson
notanewb

Post by Turd Ferguson »

evilester_me wrote:
I can image Puck going home with newcomers to be very much like Jar-Jar Binks when he returned to his home place underwater with the two other Jedi...but then again you can compare just about anything to Star Wars lol. Nerds always find a way.
You know, I was thinking the same thing about Puck's homecoming. The only difference is Puck is effective in his role as comedy relief while Jar-Jar is not.
My stream of conciousness flows into a river of blood.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

You know, I was thinking the same thing about Puck's homecoming. The only difference is Puck is effective in his role as comedy relief while Jar-Jar is not.
Puck is also at least a little useful, which Jar-Jar certainly isn't. But your right, I always found Jar-Jar more annoying then funny. Puck is definately humorous.
|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

Then again I wonder if Guts will fell comfortable being surrounded by elfs...
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I wonder if Guts feels comfortable being surrounded by any living thing other than apostles and monsters that he can hack at.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
donny
imanewbie

Post by donny »

Libaax wrote:I wonder if Guts feels comfortable being surrounded by any living thing other than apostles and monsters that he can hack at.
that's not nice he also like a lot of other people, like Caska and.... well there's Caska anyway ;)
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

I don't know if "comfortable" is really a word you can apply to Guts. He doesn't seem the type to kick back and relax in any circumstance. He didn't seem uncomfortable in the city, surrounded by people. He seemed to view it as almost normal. I suspect that Guts would react to almost any environment (except battle) with equamity. I can't think of any non-combat situation that saw him truly rattled.
xeno
imanewbie

Post by xeno »

I remember him feeling uncomfortable at the moment the lost child at the beach climbed up his back. (ch 238, vol 28 )
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Ok, but that's not quite the same. It's already been established that Gut's doesn't like people to touch him. I was talking about any sort of social situation.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Well Guts has soften in that aspect to, he´s been touched (And not in a sexual way now :P) by all the women in the group if Im not mistaken

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Being touched by women is different than men. They're less threatening, usually. That's how it seems to me anyway.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Especially since Guts was raped by a man.

Plus it's probably easier to tolerate if he knows the person and has traveled with them for a while.
xmolierex
imanewbie

Post by xmolierex »

Thanks a lot for all the great work. Much appreciated.
|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

So guts can be considered a human more than ever before. I mean saying he was a fighting machine when he was young wouldn't be too wrong. Yet now there is more, something like following a goal, not just waiting for the next enemy to give him a reason to cut him down. Or is he just becoming older and wiser... :wink:
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

So guts can be considered a human more than ever before. I mean saying he was a fighting machine when he was young wouldn't be too wrong. Yet now there is more, something like following a goal, not just waiting for the next enemy to give him a reason to cut him down. Or is he just becoming older and wiser...
I don't think you could say more then ever before, he was at least as human during the Golden Age Arc when he was with the Band of the Hawks. Guts seems to become more what you call "human" when he has companions, it's when he's alone, or almost so (Puck apparently doesn't count) that he becomes a sort of killing machine.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

To get this thread and section jazzed up for the raw soon to be released...

Here is your preview of 266. :P
donny
imanewbie

Post by donny »

ah, sweet :) not really related, but I really like how the png scans look compared to the jpg ones, it's so much clearer and more texturized ;)

anyway 22nd ain't so far away now :D
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

well I do expect a sh*t load off gore in the next chapter so it´s right on the money it seems :P

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
malice
imanewbie

Post by malice »

Ah yes..the more gore the better. This chapter will be a great birthday present :-)

(Btw, hi everyone! I'm a long time lurker. Thanks for your hard work on the releases!)
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

malice wrote:Ah yes..the more gore the better. This chapter will be a great birthday present :-)

(Btw, hi everyone! I'm a long time lurker. Thanks for your hard work on the releases!)
Yay, fans rock!
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

The scanlated chapter would come within a day the raw is released.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

This preview seems much more interesting then some (like that one with the picture of the pope). And yes, it looks like the next several chapters will be fighting and gore intensive.
Shisho
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Shisho »

Starnum wrote:Being touched by women is different than men. They're less threatening, usually. That's how it seems to me anyway.
I'm curious of your knowledge and experience with being touched by men.