Ch 265

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

A long stretch but maybe Guts brands bleeds cause these monsters are used with Ganeshka's apostle powers.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Turd Ferguson
notanewb

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Libaax wrote: I also wonder what Griffith has told them about Guts, is he to be killed as soon they see him or he doesnt care about Guts right now.
I may be wrong about this (and if I am, please mods, feel free to delete my ignorant babble) but if I remember correctly Griffith/Femto has said before that he doesn't have any feelings at all towards Guts and that he doesn't even take note of his existence.

I believe the "not taking note of his existence" speech comes when we first meet Femto in Volume 3 after Gut's defeats the Count. Later on (I can't recall the volume number off hand) the reborn Griffith tells Guts at the Hill of Swords that he doesn't have any feelings towards him. In fact, doesn't Griffith say that's the whole reason he came to the hill?

Of course, Griffith's position on the matter may have changed by now, but there's no way for us to know that right now. We'll just have to wait and see. :)
My stream of conciousness flows into a river of blood.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Thanks for the reminder it was so long since i read that so i dont remember it perfectly.

Also thats why i wanna know what he feels about him now.

Maybe he gets angry coming to the city just after Guts has saved the day. Since we are talking about Griffith who has the biggest hero complex i have seen,it can happen.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

As for the brand, I don't think it just bleeds only to apostles, it pretty much bleeds with any demon/monster. The intensity of the pain felt from the brand depends on how evil and powerful the demon is, which is why he bleeds like Niagra Falls when he's meeting up with Zodd or even Griffith. If you re-read some volumes, you can see that Guts' brand has reacted to several monsters that are not apostles, one example is when he was fighting Morzgus' desciples (which were not apostles). Casca's brand reacted in the first encounter with a troll, but since it was a weak creature, the intensity felt was weak as well.

I agree that Griffith probably hasn't taken Guts as an obstacle or a variable in his grand scheme. So basically, Griffith doesn't even care about what Guts do, Guts' actions have minimal influence and effect compared to his own.

I don't think that Griffith would get angry if Guts played hero, because Guts wouldn't take the credit nor will he play the part. The nobles would rather say 'the white shining hawk' saved their arses than the Black Swordsman, twisting the truth a bit. Guts has quite a reputation as the 'bad guy', so it's not going to help him out anyway.

What's interesting about the end of this chapter is, will he use the Berserker Armour against this beast? He had to last time, what tactic would he use to this time around against this fugly to prevent the armour from taking control? I wonder if Sonya's vision was not only based on the carnage from the Kushan's, but with the Berserker Armour in the equation as well. Can't wait until the last chapter.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Hmmm....I guess the witch's seal is just a load of crap then. Maybe it just helps against....wait...nothing I guess. And yea, he had to use the armor last time...or rather he didn't have to but it took over anyways so it will be interesting to see him try to fight the whalephant this time. As for the whole farnese/ellen complex I think (if the whole Elfen thingy doesn't work out) he should let them both go so he doesn't have two annoying and pretty much useless people with him tying him up. Sure Farneze takes care of Ellen but one retard taking care of the other doesn't really compensate for anything. Buuuuuut I know Guts loves Caska so he wants to see if he can fix Ellen so I'll stick with his decision to keep her for now. But seriously....there would be no use in keeping Ellen around if she stays Ellen and then also Farneze since all she is good for is taking care of Ellen. They would be just un-needed weight to carry around. But I guess Serpico has his moments (Kelpie and the guys on the boat) and he will probably have more. And he would leave if Farneze left.

This is complicated hehehe... :twisted:
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

TheDrizzit wrote:Hmmm....I guess the witch's seal is just a load of crap then. Maybe it just helps against....wait...nothing I guess. And yea, he had to use the armor last time...or rather he didn't have to but it took over anyways so it will be interesting to see him try to fight the whalephant this time. As for the whole farnese/ellen complex I think (if the whole Elfen thingy doesn't work out) he should let them both go so he doesn't have two annoying and pretty much useless people with him tying him up. Sure Farneze takes care of Ellen but one retard taking care of the other doesn't really compensate for anything. Buuuuuut I know Guts loves Caska so he wants to see if he can fix Ellen so I'll stick with his decision to keep her for now. But seriously....there would be no use in keeping Ellen around if she stays Ellen and then also Farneze since all she is good for is taking care of Ellen. They would be just un-needed weight to carry around. But I guess Serpico has his moments (Kelpie and the guys on the boat) and he will probably have more. And he would leave if Farneze left.

Ellen?

The charm and seals repels evil spirits at night, and also reduces the pain felt from the brand at the presence of an evil creature.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Its what I call Caska now....cuz of the whole not being Caska thing. ^_^

EDIT: Oh yeah that is what the seal does...I forgot that part I was thinking it was over the lower level creatures.
Kavaron
imanewbie

Post by Kavaron »

Hi everybody, although I read this forum for a year now this is my 1st post. The reason is that I am making a huge wallpaper in my living room (size is 4metres height x 5metres length) and the theme will be a collage of Berserk scanlations. I have all the manga in english version and I would like a little help from all of you to tell me which are the best pages ever in your opinion.

I dont want them to be very sick (like some demons who rip arms off etc) but a little gore wouldnt mind me.

Please post some pages that you think are the best

Thanks in advance. When I finish my wall I will take a pic and post it to you. :)

PS. Sorry for replying in this topic but they wouldnt let me start a new one. Someone kind start a new topic with title "room wallpaper" or something similar
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Kavaron wrote:Hi everybody, although I read this forum for a year now this is my 1st post. The reason is that I am making a huge wallpaper in my living room (size is 4metres height x 5metres length) and the theme will be a collage of Berserk scanlations. I have all the manga in english version and I would like a little help from all of you to tell me which are the best pages ever in your opinion.

I dont want them to be very sick (like some demons who rip arms off etc) but a little gore wouldnt mind me.

Please post some pages that you think are the best

Thanks in advance. When I finish my wall I will take a pic and post it to you. :)

PS. Sorry for replying in this topic but they wouldnt let me start a new one. Someone kind start a new topic with title "room wallpaper" or something similar
I'll tell you now this is the wrong thread to post it in. There's another thread, 'newbie thread discussion', or even the Berserk wallpaper thread where you can post. Also, you should make your first post on the introduction thread, just for welcome greets.

This thread is supposed to keep discussion about the newest chapter or related material in here, not get derailed completely and off topic.

damdam
imanewbie

Post by damdam »

First of all, thanks EG for the great release :)
This is a very good chap, full of action, I can't wait for the next one. I just hope Manifico and his friend won't stay too long because I really find them annoying. *sigh* For now, it seems they will follow Guts until elfhelm...
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

One nice twist to the story would be if Guts uses the Berserker armor, and while in his "trance" kills Manifico :D

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
damdam
imanewbie

Post by damdam »

Yes. It'd be nice. And I'm sure Farneze would put up with it very well. She's gotten strong now :twisted:
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

damdam wrote: I'm sure Farneze would put up with it very well. She's gotten strong now :twisted:
You say what?? The only thing she´s got is that ring that Schierke made for her.. Thats not what I call strong, if she´d made it herself then I would call her strong

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
kasgarinn
Found the Edit button

Post by kasgarinn »

Lord Rae wrote:... wtf is that btw did they ever decide?
You probably missed the pic of the original form of the whale, there was a pic of it when it had returned to its' form.. blue whale I think it looked like.

K.
donny
imanewbie

Post by donny »

Guts leaving Caska behind? never or maybe even not then I say...
He made a promise not to leave her never again... he loves her no matter how she is now, he already made a mistake in his pain after the eclipse and left her once, I think he really couldn't live with himself after something like that... for god's sake he lost his arm and his eye for her, he ain't gonna abandon!

and I think some of you are forgeting why would Guts need companions, not because he needs help in fights (though they can sometimes help), but because without them he would probably completly loose the touch with all humanity, he is ironic and crude, and there is much anger in him, but if there would be nothing more for him, he would just transform in the Beast in the next battle and would never be seen again as Guts... I wonder would he even know after whom is his revenge after, or would he slaughter everything he sees.
that is one of the reasons he needs Caska or Farneze, not all people are "usefull", but they do have feeling and they like to live, as he said to the Lizard apostole from the first volume, before final execution.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Thanks a lot for a great chapter!!!!!!!
One nice twist to the story would be if Guts uses the Berserker armor, and while in his "trance" kills Manifico
It would be kind of nice, but the problem is that Serpico would probably become totally convinced that Guts can't control the armor and will eventually kill them all. Remember, he was worried about that already after the beach, which is what led to him fighting Guts. He allowed himself to be reasured by the witch's promise to not let it happen, and Guts character, but if Guts actually does kill one of the people traveling with him (even a useless twit like Manifico) Serpico would probably totally flip his lid.
Ellen
Beware my tactical spam

Post by Ellen »

TheDrizzit wrote:Hmmm....I guess the witch's seal is just a load of crap then. Maybe it just helps against....wait...nothing I guess. And yea, he had to use the armor last time...or rather he didn't have to but it took over anyways so it will be interesting to see him try to fight the whalephant this time. As for the whole farnese/ellen complex I think (if the whole Elfen thingy doesn't work out) he should let them both go so he doesn't have two annoying and pretty much useless people with him tying him up. Sure Farneze takes care of Ellen but one retard taking care of the other doesn't really compensate for anything. Buuuuuut I know Guts loves Caska so he wants to see if he can fix Ellen so I'll stick with his decision to keep her for now. But seriously....there would be no use in keeping Ellen around if she stays Ellen and then also Farneze since all she is good for is taking care of Ellen. They would be just un-needed weight to carry around. But I guess Serpico has his moments (Kelpie and the guys on the boat) and he will probably have more. And he would leave if Farneze left.

Ellen?? Why Ellen?
o_O
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Istvan:

what can Serpico do even if he flips against Guts nothing but get himself killed but that wont happen.

Ellen you have a secret admirer that slipped ;)
Ellen
Beware my tactical spam

Post by Ellen »

<_<
>_>

Um... for that Locke character, I found a good amano:
Sorry to go offtopic and whatnot.
Lord Rae
Mastered PM

Post by Lord Rae »

Remember on the beach when he fought in the armor he wasn't even able to really hold his sword... he had to tie it to his hand... his wounds kept opening up, ect.

He's all healed now and should be fine... as long as he doesn't get hit a bunch...
Turd Ferguson
notanewb

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Ellen wrote:Ellen?? Why Ellen?
o_O
Isn't "Ellen" what the prostitutes were calling Casca when they were looking after her?

Anyhow, I like the secret admirer conspiracy theory better. :)
My stream of conciousness flows into a river of blood.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

:stupid: :stupid:

Thank you Turd!! BTW I love your ava. is it Darkness from Legend?...a heavily modded but the face still looks like it...
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

thx much EG members.

Looks like guts is gonna go apeshit on that thing.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
damdam
imanewbie

Post by damdam »

Loeviz wrote:
damdam wrote: I'm sure Farneze would put up with it very well. She's gotten strong now :twisted:
You say what?? The only thing she´s got is that ring that Schierke made for her.. Thats not what I call strong, if she´d made it herself then I would call her strong
Oh sorry, I'm not fluent in english. What I wanted to say is that she would not feel too sad about it because she has a stronger will : Farneze has chosen her path now. I should've said she is more determined and not "stronger".
And about Manifico, let's say that he'll be killed by the Kushans. Then evrybody is happy (especially me).
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I would say that Farnese is not defenseless when exposed to danger. She's growing stronger, maybe she'll eventually grow out of her role as baby sitter too.