Currently Watching?

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

I´ve just seen Blood+ and I kinda like it, same goes with GunXsword.
Its good until the mechs comes forth

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

GunXSword is a very strange show. Some eps are quite good, others are so ridiculously rotten.... plus the Vash-act is stupid after a while.

And the intro they put in after a few eps is really stupid, too.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Yeah I´m thinking the exact same thing about the intro.
And that so many try to copy cat "Vash" is a tiny bit disturbing.
Three new parts off Eureka Seven is finally out now to :D

Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

None of them can reach the original Vash, and not just cause he was the original. With him it seemed realistic, with others it's just a stupid act to give the guy some quirks. Fact is that Trigun managed real emotional density and depth which none of the copy-cats can muster.

And considering that, it's a shame that it's not even rated in the top ten at animenfo.
Brainpiercing
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: 2nd GIG is r0xx0ring my b0xx0rs at the moment, in stark contrast to 1st GIG, which was quite mediocre and rather un-GitS'y.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Brainpiercing wrote:None of them can reach the original Vash, and not just cause he was the original. With him it seemed realistic, with others it's just a stupid act to give the guy some quirks. Fact is that Trigun managed real emotional density and depth which none of the copy-cats can muster.

And considering that, it's a shame that it's not even rated in the top ten at animenfo.
Couldnt have said it better myself.
Nothing will ever beat Trigun in that aspect, I really need to re watch it now. I feel I want to :D

Saw the latest episode off Trinity blood now.
Why the f**k did Abel stop his attack just cause he saw Esther??

Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Hmm, that didn't make sense, true. It may be just something that gets him out of his krusnik rage, or whatever, but it seems like a stupid plot-device right now.
Brainpiercing
Darnoc
Mastered PM

Post by Darnoc »

Watched some sucky movie I believe was called Phantom Master or something like that.
Still watching Trinity Blood and FMP - Second Raid

Well isn't it obvious that Abel will never get a chance to finish his attacks because he has promised never to kill anyone?
But I'm still hoping he would go to a 100% Crusnik and slaughter everyone
On March 2006 Ajattara strikes back... damn... still 4 months
Itse---Kuolema---Tyhjyys---Apare
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Well, he slaughtered vampires in earlier eps, why the sudden change of heart?
Brainpiercing
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Maybe he could kill them cause noone saw him perhaps.
But that is just stupid

BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

LordMune wrote:Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: 2nd GIG is r0xx0ring my b0xx0rs at the moment, in stark contrast to 1st GIG, which was quite mediocre and rather un-GitS'y.
That is probably because Mamoru Oshii was deeply involved in the creation process of the second season while he had absolutely nothing to do with the first season.

Though technically (I havent read the manga but) the first season probably stays true to it's original subject matter of how the characters act and so forth. The movies are much darker than the manga, which was Oshii's doing. From my understanding the manga isn't completely serious, there's a bunch of comedy mixed in it unlike the movies.

Anyway, I have been checking the tracker every day for weeks in anticipation for the last episode to be released.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

BasouKazuma wrote:
LordMune wrote:Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: 2nd GIG is r0xx0ring my b0xx0rs at the moment, in stark contrast to 1st GIG, which was quite mediocre and rather un-GitS'y.
That is probably because Mamoru Oshii was deeply involved in the creation process of the second season while he had absolutely nothing to do with the first season.

Though technically (I havent read the manga but) the first season probably stays true to it's original subject matter of how the characters act and so forth. The movies are much darker than the manga, which was Oshii's doing. From my understanding the manga isn't completely serious, there's a bunch of comedy mixed in it unlike the movies.

Anyway, I have been checking the tracker every day for weeks in anticipation for the last episode to be released.
I liked both the movies and the original manga, but 1st GIG went off in another direction all on its own, which didn't really work out for me, which just makes me <3 Oshii even more with 2nd GIG. His and Shirow's Ghost in the Shell are two very different things, and I love them both. 1st GIG is neither.

I would assume the last episode is #26, which has been out for some time?
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

LMF hasn't done ep 26 yet and that's the only subber i follow. I think there are some hong kong subs ... but ya know ...

Edit: Yep I just looked on Anidb and there is only one subbed verion of episode 26 and it's a HK sub dvd rip. LMF should be releasing ep 26 relatively soon.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

soon in LMF terms is a VERY relative term. :roll:
Brainpiercing
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Brainpiercing wrote:soon in LMF terms is a VERY relative term. :roll:
The last few releases have only been a month apart.

So, one would think that LMF would want to get cracking on the last episode so that he is finally finished with his little project. It's been like 3 weeks since the last episode .... so i am making an assumpution that it will be release in a week or two. Which is nothing compared to how long we all have been waiting for.

But you're right, there are many many unforseen events that are occurring as we speak, so we will never know how long it will have taken until the day it's released.

I just want to be the optimist and say that it's comin soon. :D
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I'm not bashing them (or is it just one guy?) at all, I'm just saying that I've not come to expect any quick releases.

Gits is a hard show to sub anyway, since it has shloads of dialogue, and a lot of which is also so complex (and weird) that it won't make sense if you don't take very much care. So I have full understanding for their slowness.

Well, I've not given up hope to see the final ep for 2nd gig sometime before I grow old.
Brainpiercing
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Brainpiercing wrote:I'm not bashing them (or is it just one guy?) at all, I'm just saying that I've not come to expect any quick releases.

Gits is a hard show to sub anyway, since it has shloads of dialogue, and a lot of which is also so complex (and weird) that it won't make sense if you don't take very much care. So I have full understanding for their slowness.

Well, I've not given up hope to see the final ep for 2nd gig sometime before I grow old.
Oh i wasnt implying that you were bashing on him for being slow.

And i'm almost 100% sure it's just one guy.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Just watched Solty Rei 4 and will watch TB23.

Solty Rei is really a weird show. It's copying so many others by all means it should be rotten, and it's got a lot of cliché elements in it, too, but overall it still comes over as fairly good for some reason. Don't ask me why. Maybe my judgement is going to hell.
Brainpiercing
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Just gonna watch the first part off "Karin"

Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I caught bits and pieces of Steam Boy the other day. Have to say I was not impressed at all.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Brainpiercing wrote:Just watched Solty Rei 4 and will watch TB23.

Solty Rei is really a weird show. It's copying so many others by all means it should be rotten, and it's got a lot of cliché elements in it, too, but overall it still comes over as fairly good for some reason. Don't ask me why. Maybe my judgement is going to hell.
I have seen several animes like that, it is copying many shows but its still good.

It doesnt matter how much it copies if it is good.

For example Wild Striker is a copy of Slam Dunk,has many parts that are copies from other animes and many clichès but its still a very good anime.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Ayanami wrote:I caught bits and pieces of Steam Boy the other day. Have to say I was not impressed at all.
MEH, I liked Steamboy. It wasn't great, but it had an interesting story and some cool animation. I think the movie was supposed to set up how he became steamboy since I'm pretty sure there are plans for a series of movies.

Or were they planning a tv series ... i forget.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Watched the final eps of TB. Gotta say it was a bit hasty in the end, for some reason too many shows do that kind of thing.
Brainpiercing
evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

Ayanami wrote:I caught bits and pieces of Steam Boy the other day. Have to say I was not impressed at all.
Yeah, I just watched it and it wasn't that great. I was very disappointed, as a HUGE fan of Akira. The story had so many random side bits...and when you think about it the whole concept of the story was stupid. If he had make it in the future it could've been better I think, cuz when you try and take a sci-fi story like that in a historical setting it just doesn't work b/c it didn't happen.
:wink:
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Blood+ ep 5. Some character and story development.

Finished my rewatch of Cowboy Bebop.
Brainpiercing