Ch260

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

when they had the crocodile incident, a big bad one was kept for last

maybe they have a big gun this time too

(sure would be brutal if Guts had to armour-up in the ballroom)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

About the nobles knowing about thier fight with Zodd,my bro Shaka Zulu is reading Berserk for the first time and last night he read the chap after they fought Zodd. The nobles think that Griffith made "the monster" to make the hawks even more famous.

Which pope guy?

Guts might be more famous for the night he killed 100 among soldiers and the avereage people. I think among nobles he is more famous for being the raid leader of the hawks that was important in winning the last war. I mean they wont believe there are monsters,why believe there is a man who can kill 100 men on his own ;)
Last edited by Libaax on Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

Post by isse-pisse-päron-pung »

Raban or Laban or whatever his name is has met Guts before or at least seen him at the victory ball, no?
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah he have seen Guts before.

If i'm not mistaken i think he was in the last war,the one that the Hawks won for Midland. So he should know what Guts is capable of. Is he on this ball too? I havent seen him.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Skullkracker wrote:when they had the crocodile incident, a big bad one was kept for last

maybe they have a big gun this time too

(sure would be brutal if Guts had to armour-up in the ballroom)

A hahaha, I got such a disturbing image in my mind when I read that.
Guts slicing up Farneses father and brother to tiny winy pieces :P

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

I still don't think he killed 100 men! It looked more like the same 10 guys posing in several different scenes. :lol:
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Artezul wrote:I still don't think he killed 100 men! It looked more like the same 10 guys posing in several different scenes. :lol:
doh, and in anime series when there are 1000 soldiers on the screen they never all look the same....

Actually, the manga is VERY good about this, the soldiers usually DO look different.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

and are cut up in different ways.... still i can't help but think that some of the ones sliced in two were also counted twice
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

What a topic now. :P

After all it doesn't matter if it were 50, 75, 100 or 1000 man, he killed them all in one night and that's badass.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Yeah I can´t really see why argument about that Guts might and might not have been able to kill 100 men.
If wer´e gonna talk bout strange things we can talk about lets say for example.... The Pixies, that´s more messed up then Guts being the 100 man slayer.
Cause I know that Guts can kill a 100 men, I mean. Look at him for gods sake :D
Last edited by Loeviz on Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

well you could call him "the man with 1000 scars." though i doubt anyone would no that
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Hehe, well Caska would know that, and the rest off his companions too, cause he´s laid in bed so many times when he´s hurt and so on
I liked the old one better then Pin-head by the way :P

TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

argh don't you start aswell..... i already said that i need to start scanning some high qual art soon
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Hehe

yupachups
notanewb

Post by yupachups »

Serpico rocks too.. the way he came to save his lady ! 8)
i'm Here !!
kasgarinn
Found the Edit button

Post by kasgarinn »

100+ men fighting the bloomin' guy, and just a handful have crossbows and all with less than a dozen arrows.. I'd smack 'em for making a simple fill-'im-wi'-arro's-u-tossers!-situation into a 'e's-slaughterin'-us-like-there's-no-tomorra'-do-sum'ing!-situation.

on-topic.. I wonder how far ahead the scouting party is infront of the army coming there.. The city has a substantial harbor, and most of the coastline has been overrun.. and now I'm wondering if there's a map of the world, or some way to make sense of the kushans invasion path..

they started back in the eeebil-cleric storyline.. met the kushans there, then the eeebil-kushy-boss grabs the girl.. which seems to indicate (only seemingly, might not have) they've invaded the main-city.. or have they?

And if they're already coming from inland, why secure the coastline from the opposite direction?

And if the nobles are in the city by the bay (waiting to be slaughtered by the looks of it), where are the armies, and how are they going to have the slightest chance?

It's almost as if kushan-baddie wants to draw out griffith.. but isn't griffith eeebil? but kushans are eeebil.. this'll never end...

Short-term estimate, gutts will be quintessential in helping keeping the city clear of baddies while the armies can fortify themselves better and the harbor can be safe for ships traveling from and to the city.. otherwise no ship for gutts and party.

So yeah.. lots we don't know about the kushans and the success or losses at trying to invade..

K.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Who cares about this war when we know Guts doesnt care about who wins or loses and wont be in it.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
kasgarinn
Found the Edit button

Post by kasgarinn »

... yeah! ... Who cares!

like.. it.. makes.. sense.. to build.. background crap on a war.. for over manymanymany chapters.. and NOT USE IT! ..THAT's NOT ..

Weird.. ... isn't it?

yeah.. forget I said anything.. gutts'll go to fairyland, and go all homo on the lord-of-the-elves for some powerups to kill griffin, yay! Lord of the elves will cum all over gutts sword and make it invincible! yay! Gooooo L.o.t.E. Cum!

K.

[edited for clarification.. because I can.]
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Guts involvment in the war will be fighting a way to thier escape boat. Maybe he will fight some of Griffith apostles but nothing more.

But who knows maybe suddenly Guts will start caring about midland and become a soldier again to save them from the kushan.....
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I don't think they have been building up the war to much. I think the building for it has been for two reasons. Part of it is the part Libaax mentions about setting it up for Guts to fight his way out, and also for Griffih. Griffith is still a major chracter, and he is currently involved in the war, therefore it is essential to build up the war to build up his character. They have to show his victory, and rise to the throne of Midland, so its all the more damatic when a lone warrior challenged a whole kingdom to bring him down.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Libaax wrote:But who knows maybe suddenly Guts will start caring about midland and become a soldier again to save them from the kushan.....
Or he might piss on the ashes and not really give a damn like you said.

I would feel sad if Guts suddenly took up a new purpose in life and began thinking of the greater good. I think he's becoming more apathetic to everything now that he's older (pushing 23 now? :lol: )
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I don't think Guts cares for Midland at all, and would without a thought kill thousands of thier soldiers if they stood in his way. In his mind they are stupd pawns following a demon leader. Plus he wants to save Casca and kill Griffith. Killing Griffith will require him to figtht against Midland soldiers more than likely.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

And so Arresty makes a comeback with a bang :)
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Cheers :beer:

:kekeke: :PLUS1:
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Guts will get involved in the war and he will fight against midland, too. Because Griffith is with midland and many kushans and midlands(?) joined him.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein