Newbie Berserk Discussion Thread

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

i dont think SK said he would die, just that griffith was the betrayer or something like that, i havent ruled it out though :P
suddy
imanewbie

Post by suddy »

MrFelony wrote:i dont think SK said he would die, just that griffith was the betrayer or something like that, i havent ruled it out though :P
Do u mean Zodd? If so..Zodd did say he would die...something along the lines of "If you are truly his friend. On the night of the eclipse u will meet ur death"...or something
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

no i meant SK. im just trusting crazy mother fucker enough to go with him saying SK said some crazy shit too, mainly cause i remembered it too :P
ucrzymofo87
This is my new home

Post by ucrzymofo87 »

SK said at the beginning of chapter 9 that gutts and his comrades were walking to their doom and that their bodies would be buried. Zodd said when Griffith's dream is crushed that Gutts would meet his death.

Gutts did not die so both prophecies turned out to be false. maybe the idea that caska would leave gutts to join griffith isnt true either, despite what SK predicted.
suddy
imanewbie

Post by suddy »

ahhh i remember now..yeah both of em said it...
But im kinda unsure if those are actual Predictions...i mean...they both new what the eclipse was..and according to the 4 previous eclispes...anyone close to the 4 Gods died..so they probably thought this eclipse was gonna be a routine procedure...
So taking that into account..SK's prediction about casca might not be a prediction...maybe he's just lonely and things up stuff to make conversations with gatts...i mean not many ppl would hang out with a skeleton :D
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

:shock:

I object :!:
Joeki
notanewb

Post by Joeki »

On the other hand , all of what the Vatican's Oracle predictad HAS come true ( black hawk , white hawk , Eclipse... ) Although it is still not sure who in effect is the white hawk , it is however true that that prediction was correct in the fact that Gattsu was going to survive the eclipse right?
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

well it didnt predict that it would be guts, just that there would be a black and white hawk. i think its pretty obvious who is who, but miura could throw us in the complete opposite direction, such as the episode of the Simpsons where Bart was King David and he killed Goliath's son the consesus king. only reason why i woudl assume the SK would know guts would survive was he rescued him :? unless he just did that at a spur of the moment thing since he couldnt do shit to void. but they were right with the hundred+ people that were with them so thats a pretty high prediction percentage :P. and SK isnt saying that casca is gonna leave him for griffith, just that she might not want the same thing
suddy
imanewbie

Post by suddy »

Skullkracker wrote::shock:

About what....? the prediction thingy or SK being a loner?
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

I got it!

She doesn't want to hang around with those weirdos Guts gathered over time, and definetily doesn't want to take part in Farnaze's weird sexual...

sorry, wrong thread
-------------------------------
edit: (almost made a well descuised double post)
suddy wrote:
Skullkracker wrote::shock:

About what....? the prediction thingy or SK being a loner?
"not many ppl would hang out with a skeleton"

(just Joe King around, you know)
suddy
imanewbie

Post by suddy »

lol alrighty...btw for those who havent noticed chapter 259 is out :D
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

you serious? loOoOol

+1
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Who doesn't notice this has to get bitchslaped. :twisted:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Here's quite the newbish question:
To those who have the Dark Horse releases of volumes 1-3, what did you think of them? Are they nice versions of the manga, and furthermore, are they worth buying?
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

I have up to volume 7 from Dark horse, and yes it´s worth buying in my opinion (So you support Miura so he get´s a little cash flow :lol: ).
And I haven't read any other English sub´s on my computer from these volumes, so can´t compare it to anything. But They are nice.

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

Loeviz wrote:I have up to volume 7 from Dark horse, and yes it´s worth buying in my opinion (So you support Miura so he get´s a little cash flow :lol: ).
And I haven't read any other English sub´s on my computer from these volumes, so can´t compare it to anything. But They are nice.
I see, but are there any misgivings to the volumes, except for the fact that you have to shell out cash? :lol:
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

dialdfordesi wrote:I see, but are there any misgivings to the volumes, except for the fact that you have to shell out cash? :lol:
If you mean like censorship or shitty translations, then no, it's 100% faithful to Miura's work as far as I know. They're printed right to left even.

Definitely worth buying and not that expensive either.
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

Femto wrote:
dialdfordesi wrote:I see, but are there any misgivings to the volumes, except for the fact that you have to shell out cash? :lol:
If you mean like censorship or shitty translations, then no, it's 100% faithful to Miura's work as far as I know. They're printed right to left even.

Definitely worth buying and not that expensive either.
Thanks. When I get some extra cash, I'll be sure to make the Dark Horse volumes mine.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

DarkHorse deserves your money, they are behind Miura 100%. I have my Berserk Manga, do you? :D
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

only have vol 1-3...well my friend has them heh
Joeki
notanewb

Post by Joeki »

Unfortunatly I have only seen them translated in French here.... otherwise I would have bought them.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

they are still worth the buy... keep the darkhorse editions saved for your descendants... read eg releases without damaging the precious bible we know as berserk....

in nomine guts et puck skullknight sancti :stupid:
Bow to Golbez
martyr3810
Mastered PM

Post by martyr3810 »

My buddy screwed with someone in his college class in a really funny way.

Girl in his class asked if Berserk was a love story and my friend says yes.

She comes back later (After buying it :P) and tells him he's a horrible person and a liar.

He says, I didn't lie, its the story of a man and his love of slaughter! HAHA.

P.S. OH and yes, the Dark Horse versions are worth buying, no censorship and true to the spirit of Miura.
I am without a home and in that I find my place in it all.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

martyr3810 wrote:My buddy screwed with someone in his college class in a really funny way.

She comes back later (After buying it :P) and tells him he's a horrible person and a liar.

P.S. OH and yes, the Dark Horse versions are worth buying, no censorship and true to the spirit of Miura.

WTF? :wtf:

psi29a wrote:DarkHorse deserves your money, they are behind Miura 100%. I have my Berserk Manga, do you? :D
Yea i got em up to 8. Hehe. I didnt know 8 was even out. Just saw it at comicon and had to buy it. The darkhorse section was TIIIIIITE

>_>

<_<
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

martyr3810 wrote:My buddy screwed with someone in his college class in a really funny way.

hahahaha (why couldn't I use the emoticon?!?!?)

well there is love in it after all (Caska and...erm...almost every other man, Farnase + Serp ...ughhh what a match...)