Newbie Berserk Discussion Thread

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

I agree with misuru and yeah me miss him, he would be a much better Serpico. :)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

life is complicated and i enjoy over complicating things. and human emotions are also a very complicated thing. its also a not so cut and dry issue. we never really confirmed if he loved her, so you have to think of other possible things. yes it points to him loving her but there are other things he could have meant to say besides "i love you" cause i know he was dissapointed that he said "im glad to see you cry" or w/e he said.

i also never said he was none of those things. I believe that he was in love with caska but he knew he couldnt do anything about it, so he resigned himself to at least make her happy and take care of her. there are many examples of why this is the most lieky scenario, i was just pointing out some. there are tons of factors that usually cause us to feel or do one thing or another, as well as dozens that reveal what we truly feel.

ill stop here before i get all worm like over a very small topic :P
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

MrFelony wrote:life is complicated and i enjoy over complicating things. and human emotions are also a very complicated thing. its also a not so cut and dry issue. we never really confirmed if he loved her, so you have to think of other possible things. yes it points to him loving her but there are other things he could have meant to say besides "i love you" cause i know he was dissapointed that he said "im glad to see you cry" or w/e he said.

i also never said he was none of those things. I believe that he was in love with caska but he knew he couldnt do anything about it, so he resigned himself to at least make her happy and take care of her. there are many examples of why this is the most lieky scenario, i was just pointing out some. there are tons of factors that usually cause us to feel or do one thing or another, as well as dozens that reveal what we truly feel.

ill stop here before i get all worm like over a very small topic :P
That's pretty much it right there. He loved her, but he knew it was unrequited love.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, pretty much.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

hey, for all you DP vets, what were your theories on SK, gaiseric, and void? I know there was a big discussion but I never learned the details of each arguement. so if any of you are willing to talk about it i'd be appreciative..
Last edited by MrFelony on Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

No - I think Gaiseric is SK, then the 4 God Hand (not 5, I think) came and destroyed his empire. So, he (not sure how) escaped, and turned himself into SK. Void might be the one that created the God Hand, from envy of Gaiseric. Maybe like Griffith turned himself into Femto, partly because of jealouzy from Gatts. Who knows?

Cheers,

Khelegond
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

yea, i did a little more reading (of the FAQ precisely heh :?) so now im just curious with what everyone had already come up with, especially the SK isnt gaiseric theory
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I'm scanning my college buddy's Vol. 14 right now. Trying not to hurt his book ><. I'm only scanning 47 pages of it since most people have the cover to The Prototype. I'm estimating the zip file to be around 40-50 megs from the looks of it.

I'm so damn happy that the idea of having an eyepatch flew out the window.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Khelegond wrote:No - I think Gaiseric is SK, then the 4 God Hand (not 5, I think) came and destroyed his empire. So, he (not sure how) escaped, and turned himself into SK. Void might be the one that created the God Hand, from envy of Gaiseric. Maybe like Griffith turned himself into Femto, partly because of jealouzy from Gatts. Who knows?

Cheers,

Khelegond
I think it's the same that happened with Guts. Maybe the witch helped him escape at the first time. And maybe Guts will turn into some Hellhoundswordsman or something like Skullknight later.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Joeki
notanewb

Post by Joeki »

I had no idea were to put this + this news has been around for nearely 2 months : Here it is and i Quote :

"Berserk second season has a very good chance of happening, but the author doesn't believe that enough story has been done yet in the manga for a second season. Since Berserk did so well in Europe and the US, as long as the author doesn't lose interest in more anime, it should come eventually."

Media Blasters Panel
Katsucon 2005

But :

Kentaro Miura stated in the past that the real story of Berserk starts at volume 24/25. IF there is ever going to be a second anime season to berserk , it wouldn't surprise me that they skip some story arcs ( lost children/retribution ?? ) and start again around volumes 24/25.

Still , in this case , alot of manga will need to be done before this will actually happen. Let's hope for the best.

PS : If they ever make a second season , I wonder what the animation/gfx will look like :) .
akari
Found the Edit button

Post by akari »

That's really good news!! I hope it's truth though :wink:

..........!!
BaNaN
imanewbie

Post by BaNaN »

When I read the new chapters of the manga I just cant ignore the fact that Guts looks like the age of 40.. When he should be around 22-23 it just keeps bugging me the way miura paints now compared to vol 16... I think that the manga looked better in those volumes. Its not that I dont like the manga as it is now but Guts looked much cooler back then. I might be the only one that thinks this but I just had to lighten my heart..
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

eh, its a more symbolic look. yes he might have looked cooler, but his look mirrors his environment and he is sorta playing a fatherly role hehe. and great news, i dont read that sort of stuff so im happy to hear it.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Also, think about how much he has been through. All of that experience and wear-n-tear on his body will make him look older/rougher.

I have a good question. OK, the Baron from the 1st couple of volumes was already an apostle/disciple, right? So when the God Hands came down again to save him by making him sacrifice, if he would have sacrificed his daughter what would he have become? A God Hand or...?
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

i think he would have just been allowed to live as an apostle or reborn as another apostle.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

hmmm just keep him alive I guess? That's cool...heehee I can't wait to see Guts fight the Band of the Hawk again in the berserker armor...it's gonna be great. (Sorry just re-read it all)
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Not every Behelit is an Egg of the King/Emperor, I think.
To become a God Hand you'll need that special one.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

ya, there are distinctions. and there are also only one ceremony every long period of time.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

yea I know...I was just confused as to what they would have made him since he was already a disciple/apostle (not sure)
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

well i think they would just remake him as an apostle since its basically the same ceremony i guess...but besides that i dotn know :?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

About Guts looking older i think it very good that his body is changed by all the war and battles against the apostles. It wouldnt be Berserk if Guts body was like a 20 year old after all the beating he has be given. i think he looks much cooler now then when he was a teen that had a body who was too big for him.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Yeah, he looks more mature and cool...
after all, he is not a kid anymore, he is TAH MAN!!!
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Hmmm... How did Skull Knight become the way he is? Is he an apostle? I myself doubt it, due to the fact that Guts' brand doesn't bleed while around him. What the hell is he? I think Guts' will become somethine like Skull Knight
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

i agree with you there. though i think he might have something to do with the 4 gods of magic or w/e they are. but here speculation is a little vague
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

We all know he was like Guts, a human traveling in all of the worlds. And he wore the Berserker Armor. He said to gets that he will slowly lose his senses, tastes and colors. Maybe the body gets destroyed and decays in the armor but the soul lives on to fight. We know the armor rearranges crushed bones. And that's what happened to him.

And yes it could be related with the Elemental "Gods". He knew the witch after all.