ABBA

Evil-Genius' latest information on its current projects: Angel Heart, Biomega, Watanabe, and Zetman.

Moderator: EG Members

Lucky-7
imanewbie

ABBA

Post by Lucky-7 »

Just a small dose of Nihei I did with the help from the usual crew.

I need to get my hands on some more Nihei raws...

[Evil_Genius]Abba_Tsutomu_Nihei_oneshot.rar http://bt.evil-genius.us/allowed/be19d4 ... 1d.torrent

Tracker:
http://bt.evil-genius.us/
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Great stuff, I enjoyed that. Thanks Lucky!
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Does have anything to do with the real ABBA?
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Libaax wrote:Does have anything to do with the real ABBA?
no, it doesn't.

It's nehei.. you know, blame!, noise, nse?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Ah my bad i'm not into Blame and co so i forgot the nehie name.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I hear blame is good. Is that true?
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

Blame is great. But don't expect a lot of dialoge... The amount of dialoge in the complete series of Blame is about as much as most others have in just 1 chapter...
calvin
Flexing spam muscles

Post by calvin »

it's not that drastic but you will have several pages in a row with maybe one or two speech bubbles

it's good though. i can't wait for the English release later this year... i hope they don't fuck with it too much
Last edited by calvin on Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Restricted18
imanewbie

Post by Restricted18 »

what's there to fuck with if, as you tell, there's so little to fuck with?

what's this one-shot about?
i dont really understand this one-shot business...
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Restricted18 wrote:what's there to fuck with if, as you tell, there's so little to fuck with?

what's this one-shot about?
i dont really understand this one-shot business...
Do you have any idea what you are talking about, or do you enjoy cursing because it makes you look like your opinion matters? There is always a chance that the might censor something, take stuff out, or butcher the dialog which would be tragic because there so little of it.

One-shots are a manga author's one chance to display a part of their story to a potential studio. For example, there is the much vanted Berserk prototype to be found near the end of Volume 14. This was a one shot done by Miura back in 1989 that landed him a place in Young Animal.
Last edited by psi29a on Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

if you want censorship.... try and find a japanese manga pic of misty from pokemon... then check the American version....

A friend of mine has 2 pics that show this... as soon as he comes on msn I'll ask for those pics then I'll post em here... then you can judge for yourself if you can censor a lot or not
Restricted18
imanewbie

Post by Restricted18 »

whenever u use google to search for 'pokemon misty' or 'japanese pokemon misty', you dont exactly come up with what you want... and there's too much of that to keep looking...
:P
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

TheDarkness wrote:Blame is great. But don't expect a lot of dialoge... The amount of dialoge in the complete series of Blame is about as much as most others have in just 1 chapter...
Thats why Blame is one of few mangas i have had to give up on reading it.

I mean the main guy didnt say anything,he just walked around,shooting sometimes thats was all.

Which was a shame since i like sci fi,cyborgs and stuff.
calvin
Flexing spam muscles

Post by calvin »

Libaax wrote:Thats why Blame is one of few mangas i have had to give up on reading it.

I mean the main guy didnt say anything,he just walked around,shooting sometimes thats was all.

Which was a shame since i like sci fi,cyborgs and stuff.
it was done to fit the context of the story... he would be exploring without finding anything/anyone worth talking to for enormous amounts of time. at the beginning of one chapter, it gave a time counter as to how long he had rested/recovered, it was somewhere around 3 to 4 hundred years (i can't remember exactly)

personally, if Nihei had included a lot of dialog, thought text, and so on it would have taken away from the story.

how far did you read 'til you gave up?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I know remember exacly i think i read atleast 1 vol.

The thing is it was when i was new to manga and only read action mangas so i wasnt preperad for a manga like Blame. If i read it now for the first time i would probably read more of it and think it was good. Cause i liked even back then how good it looked and the things that happened even without the dialoges.

I would go and read it now and see what i think about it but i must finish some mangas before that.
calvin
Flexing spam muscles

Post by calvin »

yeah, i can see what you mean. if Blame had been one of the first mangas i'd read, i might not have liked it as much. one thing that kept me reading was Nihei's style and talent... even if there wasn't a lot of text, i would still look over a page for a minute or two just to take everything in
nekointhehat
imanewbie

Post by nekointhehat »

Actually if you got a guy full of angst walking around hardly ever running into someone while talking to himself it would seem kinda weird imho. Hence I like Blame the way it is.