Chapters 256/257/258

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

J2 Cool
notanewb

Post by J2 Cool »

Well, he believes in a fight to the death. It's kind of similar to Guts/Casca's exchange in the forrest. Gut's humiliating her as she struggled to walk along with him. Making a point of how women are weak. He wants her to be strong but throws a little reverse psychology at her. Of course Zodd's is a lot more intense. He believes in only battle. So when one can not continue, he believes they should die. He doesn't believe in mercy or living to fight another day. He wants the challenge and the fight though. He doesn't want to be able to mow through every opponent. But if they're weak, he'll do just that, like he's done for thousands of years. He lives to fight the strong though, and simply doesn't have pity for the weak.
Iemander
imanewbie

Post by Iemander »

Yeah, but there's a line between killing someone, and tearing someone apart limb by limb. Torturing someone to death isn't really my idea of being honorable :D.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

He is a apostle after all what do you expect of him? to go around and save people in need?
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

Except more powerful ones like SK and guts, I don't think that Zodd cares about how he kills his oppponents. He sees the weak more as a bug, rather than an opponent.
J2 Cool
notanewb

Post by J2 Cool »

RedEyes wrote:Except more powerful ones like SK and guts, I don't think that Zodd cares about how he kills his oppponents. He sees the weak more as a bug, rather than an opponent.
True, though Guts at times slaughtered opponents like bugs as well.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

he honors the idea of not butting in on another persons fight cause he got pissed as hell when griffith came in and shot him full of bolts
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I don't remember Zodd ever torturing people to death. He might tear them apart just to show them how weak they are, but for him that's not torture, it's just squasing a bug, like other people said.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

That's cause its not his style he is warrior not a weakling that feeds on torturing people like the fat guy that tortured Griffith.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

What does this matter? Zodd is not nice and that's all. He must have been strong and mean before his transformation too.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I didnt say he was nice ;)

Its a shame he doesnt have a bigger part in the manga. since his fights against Guts are always special.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

That's right...

I really liked the part too, when he through his sword in to the fight with General Boscogne.

Guts should have kept it... :)
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Er, AFAIK Guts broke that sword, but maybe that was another sword he broke. I remember he broke at least one sword of that style, but it may have been in a fight with Zodd.
Brainpiercing
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

As far as I remember, Guts broke his sword while fighting with Boscogne and left Zodd's sword after the battle. in terms of design, I definitely prefer Dragonslayer over Zodd's sword...
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Well, he was far from even dreaming about a Dragonslayer, an Zodd's sword was definetely sth that rocked. But he left it in the castle when he carried Caska away. A high caliber girl over a high caliber sword...good choice.
Joeki
notanewb

Post by Joeki »

"A high caliber girl over a high caliber sword"

Thats gonna be my new girl pick-up line .

"Hey you , I prefer a high caliber girl over a high caliber sword any day ...so waddyasay???!!"

lol.

I'm insane...
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Ya, tell us how it went.....
Brainpiercing
Joel
imanewbie

Post by Joel »

just sayin thank you for all your hard work
Joel
519paintball.com
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

RedEyes wrote:As far as I remember, Guts broke his sword while fighting with Boscogne and left Zodd's sword after the battle. in terms of design, I definitely prefer Dragonslayer over Zodd's sword...
I agree.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

thanks for the new chapters
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

Zodds sword was pretty bad ass. sure it wasnt overly long and hugely think, that and doesnt the dragon slayer break zodds sword :). (not sure if it was the one he threw guts).
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Well I guess he wasn't too attached to it since he snapped it in half afterwards...
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
Yoyimbo325
imanewbie

Post by Yoyimbo325 »

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo At last the wait is over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Er..... ya, the rest of us is already waiting for the next chapter :roll:
Brainpiercing
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

heh better late than never i guess...
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

berserk to a fan is like crack to a fiend... any amount is good any time is good.. though we prefer right now and infinite
Bow to Golbez