Berserk Game

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Jon Karlos
imanewbie

Post by Jon Karlos »

I could maybe quickly slap together a cheap website with the files uploaded...and post the link here...Hmm, I'll figure something out lol...Because I'd like to do it through here
If your always worried about crushing the ants beneath you; you won't be able to walk.
-Guts
Shade
This is my new home

Post by Shade »

halfnhalf wrote:anyone try Berserk on the DC emu??? i wonder how that runs...
I think it runs fairly smoothy.
Can't remember why I stopped playing it..
I think it was because Zodd slayed me like 3 times straight up and I didn't want to suffer another tremendous blow to my pride. Hard difficulty is just so fucking.. well, hard.
~http://www.thecenternetwork.com/forum/~
Lel
notanewb

Post by Lel »

Jon Karlos wrote:It's been about a month since i picked up the game...But, I now have ALL cinemas recorded seperatley in dvd quality... :) Looks very nice, and runs smooth...I'm assuming better than 17fps haha, runs like how it does on the PS2....
If I can learn how to post these files, that would be cool...there's a friggin' load of them. Also for fun, i've been playing with the cinemas in a movie editing program...And on my own spare time, i observed that many of the cinemas look and are drawn very similar to scenes right from the manga...I placed subtitles
(without knowing a single hint of japanese) in the scenes from the cinemas that also resemble scenes from the manga; and just chose the best suited dialouge...I'm actually quite impressed, and it can always be edited and improved later if i find the correct translations...Although some are not from the manga, so I left them alone...Which is sad

In closing, i can put the english subtitles into the games recorded cinemas no prob! This game just rocks!!
Any chance you have footage of in-game boss battles?

Another member on another forum posted some but I only saw the Guts/Gurunbeldu fight, and from hearing from other forum goers I really want to see the Slan/Guts fight... :oops: :D
Jon Karlos
imanewbie

Post by Jon Karlos »

actually, I did manage to record a funky boss fight with Zodd in human and demon form, during The Guts/Griffith encounter in Vol. 22....
I added music from the Berserk soundtrack, to give it some edge; even for just a brief fight...
I attempted to capture most boss fights of the game, I'm very picky about how I record them. This is because I F***ing hate having to record Guts constantly getting knocked down and slowly getting back up, meanwhile the battle drags on...If I make them all brief and edit in some kick ass footage by showing his nasty counters, reversals, and special "Brand" attacks (which are different for every individual enemy/boss)....Slap in some music and keep it to a nice flow...
I'm combining lots of cinemas and putting them into proper sequences...
Oh yah, for fun I converted some of the videos to mpeg-4 formatt with psp video9 and they look wonderful on the PSP...show off Berserk to someone who doesn't know much about it...Heheh
If your always worried about crushing the ants beneath you; you won't be able to walk.
-Guts
ShinjiG
imanewbie

Post by ShinjiG »

Lel wrote:
Any chance you have footage of in-game boss battles?

Another member on another forum posted some but I only saw the Guts/Gurunbeldu fight, and from hearing from other forum goers I really want to see the Slan/Guts fight... :oops: :D[/quote]

Sorry just beat her before I read this post. Though that might be good cause you won't see me making mistakes about fighting her lol
oFcA
imanewbie

Post by oFcA »

Hello all :)
I was just wondering...those who got the Berserk PS2 game to work on the PC via emulators, if they could explain how exactly they did it... I was trying some time ago, when the game came out...I didn't succeed...
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

I knew a guy who could do it. But he had like 15 fps. And that sucks.
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

you need atleast a athlon 64 to run it properly... i got it to work on my brother's computer like that and it showed the opening cutscene and i got up to the difficulty selection screen but due to controller problems with the emulator i had to stop... just wait a couple of months and the game should run smooth on an emulator
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

which emulator is best?
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

not true i got it running smooth as hell on a pentium 3 2ghz 512 ram on slackware 9
Bow to Golbez
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Luckeeee dogs! :evil:
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Sortep wrote:not true i got it running smooth as hell on a pentium 3 2ghz 512 ram on slackware 9
with which emu? I would like to try it too sometime.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

All my PS2 Emus don't work. :(
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I got it running smoother than hell on my PS2. :kekeke:
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

LordMune wrote:I got it running smoother than hell on my PS2. :kekeke:
Lucky bastard :(
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

I got it, too. But the PS2 belongs to my brother and he doesn't let me play it often.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
ucrzymofo87
This is my new home

Post by ucrzymofo87 »

does anyone know if the game works on american ps2 consoles? it probably doesn't, but i wanted to know if anyone has tried.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

it does work fine after you mod it
Bow to Golbez
ucrzymofo87
This is my new home

Post by ucrzymofo87 »

what's the best way to mod it?

(p.s. thanks for answering the newbish questions)
"Living for the future is more important than trying to avenge the past...i guess." -Puck
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

My brother got a slide card resp. "Swap Magic" and it works fine.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Damn guys, I just bought the friekin' Japanese PS2 hahaha....Now I just need to build a Japanese game collection worthy enough....
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

You really did? Huh, hope for you that it's worth it.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

[quote="ucrzymofo87"]what's the best way to mod it?

My favorite way is if you don't have one of those new slim pieces of crap is just to get a HDD. with a hard drive in your PS2 you could just burn it and upload it to that.
Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

Hey necromancer. I didn't know you were scared of your older brother.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Older brother? :P He's the younger one but I'm too nice to force him (sometimes).
And he got a key for his room. But Doors can't stop me! :twisted: