Vagabond

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Days Of The Phoenix
imanewbie

Post by Days Of The Phoenix »

Finito wrote:...Well maybe you should reread the volumes or think more before asking, becuz its pretty obvious that when your deaf, you cant learn to talk, so your mostly obligated to be mute too.
What I meant by mute is someone who can hear, but cannot speak. And when you say that someone who is deaf cannot learn to speak, you're wrong there. There's a deaf actress named Marlee Matlin http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0559144/ who is deaf but is able to speak.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Days Of The Phoenix wrote:In the Viz Graphic Novels, his patented move is translated as the swallow cut. I don't know if anyone else remembers Ukyo from Samurai Showdown, but one of his moves was called the swallow swoop cut. Is Kojiro deaf or is he just mute?
Yeah, it probably is Swallow Cut. I couldn't remember exactly. Anyway, in Vagabond, Kojiro is deaf. He'll probably end up talking later. If not, that'll suck, because I love some of his lines. I'm not sure why they went that route though, because the real Sasaki Kojiro wasn't deaf *shrugs*.
Days Of The Phoenix
imanewbie

In the graphic novels it says Inoue's Vagabond is based on Eiji Yoshikawa's MUSASHI, a fictional account of the life of Miyamoto Musashi. I'm guessing the writer used some artistic license when he decided to change Kojiro's character.

I found a BT link for volumes 11-17, if there are people who don't know how to use IRC.

http://mangatracker.kicks-ass.net:6969/ ... h=vagabond
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Now if you can just find a way to hook us up with 17 - 20, I'd be really happy. Bittorrent or IRC is fine. ;)
yupachups
notanewb

Post by yupachups »

i just read musahi biography !!
it reminds me that globally bruce lee and him are not so different ..
For ex: musashi did not belong to a samurai school. He built his own style.

he was good at penmanship:

http://www.escale-japon.com/articles/mu ... euvres.php

it is said that he never took a bath in his entire life.. except under waterfall while he was training

thx phoenix for the link.. don't have vol7 to 10 ?
i'm Here !!
Days Of The Phoenix
imanewbie

All I found was the links for volumes 11-17. If I ever find the first 10 volumes I'll post a link to them.
yupachups
notanewb

Post by yupachups »

ok thx :P
i'm Here !!
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

For the early volumes try the ckmoney irc bots (#ckmoney on irc.irchighway.net), look for the packlists at http://ckmoney.net/, it's just the packlists right now.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yes, I just got volume 18 from Vicarious Lurker. I can't wait to read it. I'll be back later with some of my thoughts. ;)
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

M-S released vol19.
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

I seem to recall him taking a bath a couple of times in Vagabond,but then again,its fictional story so..;)
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, I've read both 18 and 19 now. They were great too, of course. Kojiro is really impressive. I sure hope he learns to talk, but from the way things are going, I bet he will. It was interesting to see him at The Battle of Sekigahara, and then shit just got crazy after that, heh.
yupachups
notanewb

Post by yupachups »

Brainpiercing wrote:For the early volumes try the ckmoney irc bots (#ckmoney on irc.irchighway.net), look for the packlists at http://ckmoney.net/, it's just the packlists right now.

THX ...... but i've never succeded DL manga by Irc... :?
i'm Here !!
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

So with despair gone where do I get 18 and 19? ckmoney never got anything above vol. 10.

Manga-sketchbook shows it on their page (but no releases), but I can't use irc right now to see whether someone is serving it on their channel.
Brainpiercing
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Brainpiercing wrote:So with despair gone where do I get 18 and 19? ckmoney never got anything above vol. 10.
Actually, Neverwhere and Despair bots has left EG and gone to a new channel, somehow appropriately named #lurk. You can request manga and stuff as well, and it seems VicariousLurker really likes people raping his bots.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Ah, so that's the deal. well that's great then.
Brainpiercing
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Eldo wrote:...and it seems VicariousLurker really likes people raping his bots.
That's good, because I'm all about it. :P
Proj2501
imanewbie

Post by Proj2501 »

I have a quick question....cant seem to find an answer......Vagabond in the U.S. is published up to book 20.......is it on going or is book 20 the end? I need an answer becuz i just oreder 6-20.....so im curious.....thanx guys!!!!
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

man this manga is bawls... too much talk.. the author needs to condense thoughts down into like 2 pages max...

total bawls
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

And you're an idiot. Go watch dragon ball.
Brainpiercing
TrueRush
imanewbie

Post by TrueRush »

Dominion wrote:man this manga is bawls... too much talk.. the author needs to condense thoughts down into like 2 pages max...

total bawls
i cant believe you feel that way. each to their own i guess.

the art and dialogue is what puts it apart from the subpar mangas out there.

go read dragonballz and change guy it should do you justice.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Dominion wrote:man this manga is bawls... too much talk.. the author needs to condense thoughts down into like 2 pages max...

total bawls
Feh, a post like that doesn't even honor Orson...lame.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I bought vol 15,16 yesterday and its cool that we see so much of Sasaki's life. I only wonder something, can he read people lips? I dont know if every deaf person can.

But i'm starting to miss Musashi,hope the story goes back to in a couple of vols.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Vagabond is tiiiiite. I just started reading it, now on vol 12.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Nice what do you think about what happened so far?

I want more fights like the one against the prodigy monk forgot his name not cause he was bad cause i'm not good with names.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran