About Griffith...

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Griffith was never a good guy that is the thing that every one needs to realize. He acted like a friend to the band of the hawk so that every one would like him. But he showed his true feelings to Charlotte about friends. Now when he is reborn he tries to make peace with Guts because he is the real threat to his take over of the Kingdom(and when I say Kingdom I mean the Kingdom of God). There was got to be a reason for his taking over the Earthly realm, like he needs to rule both realms to defy God and take over his realm also. That is were Guts comes in he is Gods son the only one who can stop him.

God
Guts
-
-
-
God Hand
-
-
-
-
-
-
Emperor
-
-
-
-
Apostles

Just had to add this :?:

-------

Do you think Griffith would have lifted the brands gave back Guts and Caska's kid and gave Caska her sanity back if Guts would have asked him to on the Hill of Swords?

No double posting please. Use the edit button
-Femto
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Please don't double post. That's what the edit button is for.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Guts = Jesus :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

When will these n00bs find the edit button. :stupid:

Also for starters Griffith would not lift the brand, nor do I think he even has the power too. Him sacrificing the hawks was him sacrificing the most important thing to him, but he really did not care about most of the hawks, the one he really cared about, the one he blamed for all his misfortune, the one he really wanted dead out of all of them was Guts. Even if he had the power to lift the brand I think it would be his undoing.

Also Griffith does not care about Guts at all. He does not even look at him as a threat, if he did he would have had Zodd finish him at the hill of the swords. Remember in volume 3(if you read the beginning) he considered him insignifigant. That is how he currently views him. Just as a nuisance, like a gnat flying around that really doesn't do any harm.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Sandman wrote:Please don't double post. That's what the edit button is for.
:LOL: LOL :LOL:

starnum used his magical pixie powers!

Is that...supposed to be funny?
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Oh, my bad my first n00b mistake. You also make some very good points, but you have to realize that a lot has changed since Vol. 3, now Guts has the Berserker Armor an can turn in to something more than human, plus Griffith is on Guts's terf.

I guess I should put my Jesus post in the insane theories thread.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Nah its still about Griffith its fine. I got a good laugh out of it. But alot of your points make sense, but look at it this way. SK who is still way way better then Guts has not been able to touch Void and from what I gather I think Femto is the strongest. So if Femto > Void and Void > SK and SK > Guts then using logic Femto > Guts. I still believe that he has retained most if not all of his powers in his human form, so I think Guts is still a long way off.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

That works thanks for darwing it out.
But I still think Griffith still has different intention then just rebuilding midland and becoming king. You would have never thought that Griffith didnt see Guts as a friend until you heard him say it. Did Griffith ever call Guts friend in the manga or the anime?
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Sandman wrote:Oh, my bad my first n00b mistake. You also make some very good points, but you have to realize that a lot has changed since Vol. 3, now Guts has the Berserker Armor an can turn in to something more than human, plus Griffith is on Guts's terf.

I guess I should put my Jesus post in the insane theories thread.
He can't turn into something more than human, just releasing his anger to power and forget the pain. That's what berserkerrage is all about. :P
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I forgot what the Skull Knight said to Guts on the beach but it was like "to touch or challenge the hawk you to must reside outside the tale" and I think that he is on his way to being that. When all his hair turns white that is when he will be revealed as the white hawk. :?:
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

Post by isse-pisse-päron-pung »

I have always viewed the godhand as 5 different demons with different abilities

Void - is the one that brands people.
Konrad - is just a communist. (I mean come on, red skin + russian name? ;))
Ubrik - has the power to look in the past and look into the future.

Slan - is quite weird I don't know what part she is going to play really. Sometimes I feel like she would help Guts, doesn't seem like she cares much about the others anyway.

Femto - Is the destined ruler.!
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

isse-pisse-päron-pung wrote:Konrad - is just a communist.
:wtf:
:headbang:

+1
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I think there is something more to that wound Slan gave Guts, I don't know if it is good or bad though, but it is strange how she summoned her self like that and how the biehelt awoke on its own.

Back to Griffith, if he got his femto power from God where in the hell did the Emperor of Kushan get his? and who is stronger.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

My original take was that the Kushan Emperor was just an apostle, but a very powerful one. He is so powerful that he actually thinks he can take on Griffith the Supreme Overlord of the God Hand.

Also Griffith never refered to Guts as a friend, and by his defination Guts was not a friend, but I think he inside felt of him as a friend. That is why he felt so abandoned when Guts left him. Also why all he could think about when he was imprisoned was Guts. Also why when Guts rescued him he felt even more helpless. He hated Guts at this point.

Also I personally have a feeling Slan may help Guts in some way. She since the ecplipse has looked fondly on him. From what I can gather the God Hand does not really work together, and I woudl not be supreised if within them they theymselves had issues with eachother. She may try using Guts to get a hold of more power on her own. Either way I believe she will be very important in how the story plays out. Conrad and Ubrik are usefless and mean nothing. They will have a short figth and death. No one cares about them. They are the pussies of the God Hand. :P
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

isse-pisse-päron-pung wrote: Konrad - is just a communist. (I mean come on, red skin + russian name? ;))
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Sandman wrote:When all his hair turns white that is when he will be revealed as the white hawk. :?:
Lol, what a nice thought.
Arresty wrote:Also I personally have a feeling Slan may help Guts in some way. She since the ecplipse has looked fondly on him. From what I can gather the God Hand does not really work together, and I woudl not be supreised if within them they theymselves had issues with eachother. She may try using Guts to get a hold of more power on her own. Either way I believe she will be very important in how the story plays out. Conrad and Ubrik are usefless and mean nothing. They will have a short figth and death. No one cares about them. They are the pussies of the God Hand. :P
I think Slan wants Guts as an apostle or godhand for herself. She somehow has a crush on him.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Oh she wants him. See my omake. It shows how much she wants him.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, I don’t think Gatts is The White Hawk. As we’ve discussed before, that’s really just a misleading title that was given to Griffith. Unless of course the Vatican’s religion isn’t bullshit, and there’s actually a divine god in this world as well. I don’t really see that happening though. As for Gatts and Griffith’s current relationship, it would seem like Arresty is right, and Griffith just isn’t concerned with Gatts. However, unless he’s just trying to show off and be arrogant, then I don’t see why he doesn’t kill him. I mean, the guy kills more apostles than anyone. This is what leads me to believe that a part of Griffith is still attached to Gatts, whether he realizes it or not. If that’s true, I’d like to believe Griffith can be saved, or maybe he’ll take over Midland, and then Gatts can bring him back from the Dark Side, or whatever. Yeah, I don’t really see that happening though. I think Gatts is pretty intent on killing him, heh. Finally, we have Ganishka. I think, like Arresty said, he’s just a super powerful apostle. In other words, he got his powers from Void and the other God Hand. He’s going to bite it in the end though, I’m sure.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I don't think Gatts will be able to bring Griffith back from the "dark side"- He is Femto, the fifth God Hand, after all. I do, however, see Griffith redeeming himself in some small way just before he bites the dust.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, that is much more likely, no doubt. Yeah, Griffith will probably eat it, but who knows *shrugs*.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Just as a side note we don't really know if he is evil or not. He is currently only doing good things. Also the Idea did give him the choice to be the savior or to bring darkness. For all we know he could decide to be good. It is all his choice in the end.
akari
Found the Edit button

Post by akari »

Arresty wrote: Also Griffith never refered to Guts as a friend, and by his defination Guts was not a friend, but I think he inside felt of him as a friend. That is why he felt so abandoned when Guts left him. Also why all he could think about when he was imprisoned was Guts. Also why when Guts rescued him he felt even more helpless. He hated Guts at this point.
Griffith didn't fell abandoned. It was more like something didn't go like he wanted (planned) for the first time.

Guts should be Griffith friend right now according to his definition :wink:

..........!!
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

akari wrote:Guts should be Griffith friend right now according to his definition :wink:
Yes, I think that scene is one of the most important scenes in the entire manga, for starters it is the point that leads to Guts eventual leaving of the Hawks as well as some forshadowing of what we should expect in the future. That is why he mentions the whole even if he has to fight me to achieve his dream part.

Also I do believe Griffith was upset because things didn't go his way but I also feel that he felt abandoned. The way he actually goes after the princess was his way of trying to fill the void that Guts had just left. He felt confused and lost withuot Guts. Guts was always there for him to comfort him when he had to do something dirty, though Guts did do the actuall dirty work. But Guts was also the one who executed all his tasks, and was the major factor in almost every victory the Hawks had since he joined. Him loosing that was like loosing the whole band of the hawk. He had no clue how to do anything without him and he felt lost and confused.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

To be straight I think at this point Griffith was just like a little crybaby losing his favorite toy.
Sahlen
Found the Edit button

Post by Sahlen »

Arresty wrote:Just as a side note we don't really know if he is evil or not. He is currently only doing good things. Also the Idea did give him the choice to be the savior or to bring darkness. For all we know he could decide to be good. It is all his choice in the end.
Griffith has never been good from the beginning.

If he had to fuck his mother to get his own country, he would have done it.

If he had to kill his mother to get his own country, he would have done it.

And if he wouldn't have to save his mother to get his own country, he wouldn't have done it.

Just a bastard!
When he saved Caska the first time they met, he did only to have a new fighter. There nothing he has ever done for other people.
Ashes To Ashes, Dust to Dust, Life is Short, So Party We Must!
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

He got himself assraped. But that was also for himself. Here is the question, if you look at all the "bad" things he has done and try to call him evil because of this, but he turns around and then saves Midland and brings them to a new state of prosperity and happiness, could you still say he is evil, and he only does these things for himself. So what he killed alot of me, its necessary to save the country. We have wars all the time whether we agree with them or not, but that i just throwing lives away for a greater goal. You need to look at what he will do not at what he has done.