254 & 255

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

mcummi2 wrote:Is anyone else reminded of Guts fight with Griffith when he decides to leave the hawks. Serp reminds me of Griffith so much its not even funny. Both of them are very tatical, skinny, a little gay, and they both use a very similiar weopon. I find it difficult to imagine serp as being quite as bad ass as Griffith was I mean, Griffith went through hell while building up the hawks, his skills honed by real battles not some noble duels.
Remember what happended when Guts and G fought. One swipe,no more sword griffith, and that was when Guts was a hell of a lot slower and weaker. But then again he has been looking pretty sickly latley. I think Guts won't go phycho to beat serp. If Guts did go full berserk there is absolutely nothing Serp could do to stop him. Anyway I will just like to seen Serp learn his place, Guts is was able to surpass All other humans a long time ago. the last human that could fight Guts was the general of the Chuda army, Bascon, or something. And that was forever ago, before Guts trained on his own with Godo, before the eclipse, before the dragon slayer, before the battles with the count, that fairy monster, and that rock priest guy, and before the berserk armour. I would almost be insulted if Serp stood a chance.

Roshinu and Mozgus
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

honestly i dont see it going to the extent of serpico getting his hind quarters handed to him on a platter... he dodge around guts.. there will be some dialouge... then the mist and the familiars will kick in... and then it's time for serpico to fall in place rescue farnese kill demons etc

also just wanted to give big ups to the whole mindwerks group for the fast and quality scanslations... i've been into berserk since volume 17 was news and it's good to have you guys around since the hawks took forever to get their stuff up

*sprays some axe to hide the newb scent*
Bow to Golbez
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Sortep wrote:*sprays some axe to hide the newb scent*
Heh, you could have avoided that by posting in the sticky thread... :P

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I hope the fight has a bit more depth than just that. Yeah, I don't see Gatts cutting him down or anything though. Maybe just take off a leg or something. :P
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I doubt Guts will even make contact with him. With that sword and the armor Serpico has on if Guts hits him weakly he will still be cut in half, or loose a limb. That is the problem fighting Guts is if you get hit at all its over with.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

It's possible to live after being hit by the Dragon Slayer. However, for a normal man, that would mean getting cut by the tip or something. So, yeah, Serpico better be damned ready. I think Gatts will fight him honostly, while respecting him as a swordsman. If Serpico is playing around, and lets it go too far, he could end up dead. I doubt it'll come to that though.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Serpico is not the type to play around though, even if he looks like he is I see it as more him setting up a trap. Serpico is a very serious calculating type, alot like pre-eclipse Griffith.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Exactly, and for that reason, I don't think Gatts will underestimate him.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I know Guts won't Guts specifically asked to fight him again. That alone means Guts respects him as a swordsman and for Guts to respect someone as a swordsman means the person is quite the swordsman, better then 99.9% of the people out there for sure. Plus Guts isn't someone to understimate his opponents. He doesn't play around either. If the opponent is weak he cuts him down instantly and moves on. No time to play around in his world.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Right, but in this situation he'll probably try to avoid killing Serpico, unless he just absolutly has to.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I think that as well though I am beating my head against the wall :stupid: trying to figure out how Guts could fight someone, beat him, and not kill him. He doesn't have his repeating crossbow either does he? I am assuming he might try to pull of what he did to Griffith in fight two. Try to destroy the sword without damaging him. He has great stopping power, even at his ungodly high speeds.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, he could just knock him out or something *shrugs*. Either that, or wound him in a way that would make continuing pointless.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Well the thing about knocking him out that is strange to me is how. Swing his sword sideways, othewise he couldn't get in close enough without getting hit by Serpico. But to me that just seems wierd. :?
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

This is late as hell but....

Thanks for the great release guys. I was finally free to DL and read it.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

they may even show a little bit of the fight then go to the ballroom scene... have all hell break loose there... shirke will of course sense it... and then back to fight concluding and begin operation "save farnese" (though i've never really cared for her character)
Bow to Golbez
Oro
Evil Genius

Post by Oro »

For those who dont know chapter 256 will come out on 27/05/05
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

That's like One month later :s. That Miura guy sure is slow, but his work is like a masterpiece.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Devil_Dante wrote:That's like One month later :s. That Miura guy sure is slow, but his work is like a masterpiece.
Yeah, I actually think he does his work pretty fast considering the amount of detail in all of his stuff.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Nazgûl wrote:For those who dont know chapter 256 will come out on 27/05/05

Nazgul? Is this oro or some other person? And what month is 27? Or did you switch the month and day.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Oro
Evil Genius

Post by Oro »

Buzkashi wrote:

Nazgul? Is this oro or some other person? And what month is 27? Or did you switch the month and day.
05 = May, so 27/May/2005.

and yes i have changed my nick. :P
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I didn't even notice the nick change until someone pointed it out. I really only do look at Sig and Ava.

Buz so you know the rest of the world does day/month/year, only here in the US and parts of Canada do we do it Month/Day/Year. Actually I think most of canada does the month day year with the exception of Quebec, but they do everything different. But if you ever see the first number above 12 and the second below twelve you can assume that it means day month year. If they are both below 12 it can get confusing though.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

tis a shame... but berserk has always been well worth the wait
Bow to Golbez
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Thanks for the date, Oro...I mean, Nazgul! :P

I swear that'll take some time getting used to...

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

The fact that the next chapter will take a month instead of the usual 2-3 weeks makes me happy. Why? Because fight scenes are harder to draw than people talking stuff. The last few chapters have been very calm and thus easier to pull off, but if Miura needs a month to get this done, then that means the next chapter is going to kick ass.

I'm expecting good things from 256.

EDIT: I kinda liked Oro better.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
panasonic
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by panasonic »

im in ontario and we do day/month/year, guess the u.s. wants to be different or sumthin
"Education is the foundation upon which you build your entire lust for cash"-Onizuka

http://www.striporama.com/edits/main.html