Insomnia

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Do you get insomnia?

yes
81%
no
19%

Total votes: 26

Ishi-dono
Mastered PM

Insomnia

Post by Ishi-dono »

I seem to get insomnia every once in a while, for no reason. So I was wondering who else did. (sry about the thread quality, I was bored and it's 3 in the morning, shit :? )
Choose your own destiny, no matter the cost.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

eh?
mrJotaan
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by mrJotaan »

I had insomnia for 5 years and now I'm able to sleep properly. All it really took for me was finding work and when I did, since it's manual labor, I can sleep at night. If you want, I can recommend certain things like certain medicines that help a lot.
calvin
Flexing spam muscles

Post by calvin »

alcohol seems to work well
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

Insomnia can really ruin your life, especially if you're in school or have work every day so thanks for keeping it serious there calvin.
calvin
Flexing spam muscles

Post by calvin »

sorry man, didn't mean to offend anyone. it just seems that when i do drink, which really isn't very often, i fall asleep pretty quickly.
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

It's not that you offended anyone but I believe most people would want a realistic solution, drinking every night before bed, which isn't unheard of, isn't really the best solution. I took prescribed sleeping pills over the years to help me fall asleep, it wasn't really a great way of doing it since your body gets used to it and needs them to fall asleep. I then took something that was a little bit different, it's a prescribed sleeping aid, you take it in the morning and you can sleep at night. Eventually I started to be able to sleep without taking any medicine or drinking. There's actually a couple reasons why you'd get insomnia, mine was because I used to smoke weed and one of the side effects is insomnia.
calvin
Flexing spam muscles

Post by calvin »

yeah, i wasn't really recommending it as a solution to the problem.
mrJotann wrote:All it really took for me was finding work and when I did, since it's manual labor, I can sleep at night.
going from what you said there, any physical activity might work well. i know on the days that i have my waterpolo practice, i hit the sack at around 11 o'clock, if not sooner. try finding a sports club/team that sounds fun and would keep you active.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Or you could just wake up earlier. which gets you tired at night.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

calvin wrote:yeah, i wasn't really recommending it as a solution to the problem.
not bad of a suggestion though, i would try that :D
Shade
This is my new home

Post by Shade »

I used to be a hardcore insomniac.
My insomnia started with me staying up all night after school until eventually I couldn't help but not sleep. I guess I brought it on myself >>
Eventually I just started taking sleeping pils and sleeping all day and then i'd just try to stay awake on the pills until I started sleeping properly.

Apparently it runs in my family. I still get it from time to time...
I hate it, lying in bed thinking and motionless... I HATE it

[/EDIT]
INSOMNIA IS A SIDE AFFECT OF BILGE!!! :shock: :shock:
~http://www.thecenternetwork.com/forum/~
Dark_Zilo

Post by Dark_Zilo »

i only had one night (about a month ago) that i couldn't sleep
it was 3 am and nothing. eventually i got up to watch tv and play on my computer.
but it was a first for me so i can't say i have insomnia
my brother is capable of sleeping around 13 hours a day if he's not disturbed (and when it's vacation) but i only sleep around 7-9 hours
The most beautiful thing in life is life itself
Get bitten by me
hadi
This is my new home

Post by hadi »

since the begining of the winter season I never slept a whole night without getting up in the middle of the night!!
I used to sleep 12 hours straight -actually 12 hours were my average!-
Damn the weather in UK :x
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I couldnt sleep a lick last night. Mainly because it was soooooo hot.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

Missing one night of sleep is nothing. Try doing that for 5 years and writing exams while going on 3 days without sleep, that's always fun, especially since after 48 hours without sleep, you start to hallucinate.
Shade
This is my new home

Post by Shade »

You hear things aswell... and you're prone to collapse.
I have a nasty scar under my eyebrow from where I collapsed onto an old oil heater and busted myself open. That kind of collapse though is caused by extreme lack of rest and lack of energy... You just black out after getting all light headed. Its NOT cool at all.

I didn't have it for as long as you mrJotaan...
5 years with that is just nuts... jeez
~http://www.thecenternetwork.com/forum/~
Dark_Zilo

Post by Dark_Zilo »

that definitly sucks mrJotaan
i'm glad i didn't experience any of that
The most beautiful thing in life is life itself
Get bitten by me
Ishi-dono
Mastered PM

Post by Ishi-dono »

I thought I was going to get flamed for this thread, :o. Well, chessy as it sounds, it's glad to know I'm not alone. By the way, thanks for the advice.
Choose your own destiny, no matter the cost.
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

It was definitely hard to deal with, I did make up for all the lost sleep when I got Mononucleosis. For those who don't know, it's about the worse thing you can get. It's called the kissing disease because people usually get it that way but you can get it other ways, just from someone coughing without covering their mouth. I remember falling asleep while being midsentence and talking to my mom.

I know all the medical options for insomnia, if you can find another way, do it that way, sleeping pills aren't good for you. I had gotten to a point where I had been taking them for so long, if I was out for just a night, I couldn't sleep without those pills. I still have problems sleeping to a degree, what I do is use white noise, like a fan and I also have a sound machine where it emulates certain sounds like a gentle river, a thunderstorm, a rainforest; it's actually quite soothing and helps me to fall asleep.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I heard taking sleeping pills while suffering from Insomnia builds up depression. I'm not too sure about that fact.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

I don't really think it's true but the fact is, there are so many negative aspects of sleeping pills. There's also a huge problem with substance abuse and sleeping pills, when I used to smoke up, I took one after smoking up and let me tell you, it wasn't any fun at all. I didn't do it with the purpose of it messing me up but it hadn't previously done anything to me so I thought nothing of them mixing together. Another problem is immunity that you build up, I was moving on to taking more than just one pill and it was getting to be bad. It also has some bad side effects, one of them is lowering your sex drive and if you're married, well that's not good. You also become pretty groggy the next morning.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I recall a famous Chinese singer who took sleeping pills with beer and died. He died at 28.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

i recall a famous american singer from drowning pool, drinking while in a hottub, fell asleep, never woke up. Sorta ironic if you ask me.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

The fucks wrong with you? Why do you keep necroing these year old threads? When you can see a dark zilo and ishi post you know this shit is old...holy shit.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

damn... i thought it was a new thread too
Bow to Golbez