Superman Returns costume revealed...

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

Superman Returns costume revealed...

Post by Femto »

Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Well it's horrible but I hate DC comics except for batman, I'm a marvel man. The superman outfit looks like they used toothpaste for the patchwork and goodwill sale signs for the symbols.
Last edited by Malvado on Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Link doesnt work for me.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

omg i hate superman.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

You cant hate super man, i mean hes a man.... But he super!!
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Meh. I guess It's pretty good considering it is a live action take on a comic book. Pretty much every comic hero outfit looks looks retarded. Just look at Cosplayers. Many times the costurmes are good, well done, and just like the real deal, but just look horrible in real life.
ImageImage
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Or it could be the fact that the person in the costume is pale and over weight.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

At first glance I thought the guy resembled Brendan Fraser from the Mummy...that's the impression I got.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I don't know, I just don't think he looks like super man at all. :?
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Gaiseric wrote:Or it could be the fact that the person in the costume is pale and over weight.
HA! But no, there are people who look un-nerdly who wear these and still look ridiculous.

I WAS looking for pics to back up that claim, but found these decided I HAD to post 'em:

Oh, and I love how this guy has the fake hand on THE WRONG ARM and is wearing jeans.

And I didn't think it was possible, but someone dressed up as SK.

Alright. now this guy's costume I can respect (Cept for the eye patch, learn how to close your eye!) This is by far the BEST Guts outfit you will see someone wearing (even though it's not that hard to top most of these people)

Like the song says, "Whoa, we're halfway there..."

- Images resized by Eldo
ImageImage
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Yeah, I saw those ones back in DP. Some of the cosplay is hilarious, while others are just sad. I had to resize the images, because I had to SCROLL. And scrolling is bad. :wink:

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Thanks, I was gonna Photobucket them, but I was lazy and figured I could do that if they didn't show up in the post

*Continues to flex spam muscles*
ImageImage
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Wow did they paint on that suit? *talking about the superman one*
"Context is for Kings"
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Wow, that is ugly. But then again, the superman suit never looked good in any shape or form.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Frode
imanewbie

Post by Frode »

SO UGLY!

Indiana jones>Superman
>)
Oro
Evil Genius

Re: Superman Returns costume revealed...

Post by Oro »

Femto wrote:Discuss.
When will he learn to wear his underwear inside his pants :?
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Since when does Guts wear an eye patch?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I'm just glad it isn't Nick Cage, like I heard it might be. :P
Messatsu
This is my new home

Post by Messatsu »

Bah sups stoped being cool for me a long time ago, mostly due to the fact that he just has no dept as a character anymore. Basicaly sup's comics can be summed up like this: Problem A arisses, superman just bashes A until it stops being a problem. Even any doubts the man of steel could possibly have can easaly be solved by pointless fight scenes.

Superman should have died and stayed DEAD!
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Starnum wrote:I'm just glad it isn't Nick Cage, like I heard it might be. :P

Now that would have been awesome. :lol:

I was being sarcastic. One of my friends tried to get me to name 5 good Nick Cage movies and I couldn't do it. I also agree Messatsu. Well I'm sure Batman would be better than this.

The true test is to figure which is better this movie or superman 64. :lol:
"Context is for Kings"
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Nicholas Cage will actually be playing Johnny Blaze in the Ghost Rider movie, pics here. I do think that Nic Cage is a good actor though, The Rock and Face/Off were both awesome flicks and Leaving Las Vegas was pretty good too. Personally, I don't think this other dumbass can pull off the role of Superman, but we'll wait and see. Nobody thought Reeve could do it either or that Keaton could play Batman for that matter, and these two guys defined comic book movies.

Meh, all of this pisses me off. I remember the days when movies were just movies, games were just games, and comics were just comics. Now we have this mess where people are assuming that any medium can transfer to another one and work just as well. I mean, how the hell can you expect an Onimusha movie to be good? And it IS coming.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Femto wrote:Nicholas Cage will actually be playing Johnny Blaze in the Ghost Rider movie, pics here. I do think that Nic Cage is a good actor though, The Rock and Face/Off were both awesome flicks and Leaving Las Vegas was pretty good too. Personally, I don't think this other dumbass can pull off the role of Superman, but we'll wait and see. Nobody thought Reeve could do it either or that Keaton could play Batman for that matter, and these two guys defined comic book movies.

Meh, all of this pisses me off. I remember the days when movies were just movies, games were just games, and comics were just comics. Now we have this mess where people are assuming that any medium can transfer to another one and work just as well. I mean, how the hell can you expect an Onimusha movie to be good? And it IS coming.
Well, I don't know any of the specifics of the Onimusha movie, but the producers would be beyond stupid not to use the actor they used for the basis of Samanosuke in Onimusha 3. That has solved the problem of finding someone who looks the part. Then thye can focus on story and how to make the demons look. Although knowing Hollywood, that would be too easy.
ImageImage
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

wow thas even uglier than jennifer gardner in the elektra outfit
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

dos.azn wrote:wow thas even uglier than jennifer gardner in the elektra outfit
I hope you mean that the costume is the ugly part of that combo, because if you do not find Jennifer Garner hot, you are most assuredly a Chocolate Thief extrordinare. :wink:
ImageImage
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Heh the super costume for the 80"s looked better and what is this actor,he sure doesnt have the body of a superman......

They should have somebody with similar body to the guy in Lois and Clark.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran