Shooters (Gradius V, Ikaruga, and the like...)

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

194X Perhaps? I believe there was a variant of 1942 with that name.
ImageImage
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

I really like the old R-Type games, with all the upgrades, different laser modes, shields etc.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Tempest wrote:194X Perhaps? I believe there was a variant of 1942 with that name.
yeah i think that was it. it was the best arcade shooter. them planes, spitfire, lightning, mosquito, all had like some lock-on special ability weapon that had very cool flashy beams hehe :lol:
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

dos.azn wrote:
Tempest wrote:194X Perhaps? I believe there was a variant of 1942 with that name.
yeah i think that was it. it was the best arcade shooter. them planes, spitfire, lightning, mosquito, all had like some lock-on special ability weapon that had very cool flashy beams hehe :lol:
That is indeed 19XX, which is a good shooter, I would not call it the best though. If you liked that you should play Battle Garega or Battle Bakraid.

Necromancer - Try R-Type Leo and R-Type Delta, in my opinion those are the best R-Type games.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

are they arcade shooters? cuz when i was young, i spent all my allowance playin 19XX afterschool everyday :D

but that was elementary school so please don't be thinking dos spent 20-30 bucks a week on a freakin arcade??? , it was only like few bucks a week :lol:
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

dos.azn wrote:are they arcade shooters? cuz when i was young, i spent all my allowance playin 19XX afterschool everyday :D

but that was elementary school so please don't be thinking dos spent 20-30 bucks a week on a freakin arcade??? , it was only like few bucks a week :lol:
Yeah, Battle Garega and Battle Bakraid are arcade shooters. You can get Garega on the Saturn though. I am also pretty sure I am spelling these game's names wrong. Incase you google it or something.

There are only a couple good shooter cabinets left were I live. But I can sink a bit of cash when I find a good Raiden Fighters Jet :P :P :P
yupachups
notanewb

Post by yupachups »

Ayanami wrote:A lot of games bite the dust before they even make it here, what can ya do.

Any who, here are some sweet shooters, any one ever played them??

Gunbird 2 - Dreamcast
Sokyougurentei - Saturn (I am pretty sure that is not how you spell it)
Guwange - Arcade
Battle Garegga - Saturn
Axelay - SNES
i remember axelay, :P
super aleste -snes
UN Squadron -snes, dude that's was a hard game :twisted:
r-type
i loved the style of Einhander -ps1 (similarity with ikaruga)
ikaruga (of course)
starfox -snes
SupersWing -snes, but the original on amiga SilkWorm is one of my favourite so far ....
:thumb:
i'm Here !!
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Can't wait for Raiden III. That game is going to KILL every other shooter ever made.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Ayanami wrote:
dos.azn wrote:are they arcade shooters? cuz when i was young, i spent all my allowance playin 19XX afterschool everyday :D

Yeah, Battle Garega and Battle Bakraid are arcade shooters. You can get Garega on the Saturn though. I am also pretty sure I am spelling these game's names wrong. Incase you google it or something.

There are only a couple good shooter cabinets left were I live. But I can sink a bit of cash when I find a good Raiden Fighters Jet :P :P :P
ill check em out. jus found MAME and im loving playing 19XX all over again :D
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

dos.azn wrote:ill check em out. jus found MAME and im loving playing 19XX all over again :D
Yeah, both are for MAME.
A few other good ones for MAME are......
Dimahoo
Donpachi
Guwange :headbang: :headbang: Play this game!!

Dark - Raiden III does look like it is going to be sweet, but I will with hold judgement about where it is in the shooter food chain till later.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Ayanami wrote:Perhaps this should be in the shooter thread ehh? Some one revive my thread damn it!! :evil:
Done. :wink:

I do have something to add to this thread though, it's not just a +1. My newest Gradius V score is around 1450.000, Type 2, stages 1 - 6. I'll get the exact number later. I screwed up many times so I'm pretty sure I can top this. What settings do you play on when going for a high score Ayanami? Like the number of lives, the score needed to get a new life and the difficulty (I'm assuming it's normal)? Trying to beat your score is actually what got me into playing this game again, so I really want to know this so we can be even. I actually did beat the score you posted, but now you come and tell me that you've topped your score again. :evil:

I won't have time to play anytime soon though, but I will beat you! :twisted:

(Am I too competitive? :P )
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Femto wrote:
Ayanami wrote:Perhaps this should be in the shooter thread ehh? Some one revive my thread damn it!! :evil:
Done. :wink:

I do have something to add to this thread though, it's not just a +1. My newest Gradius V score is around 1450.000, Type 2, stages 1 - 6. I'll get the exact number later. I screwed up many times so I'm pretty sure I can top this. What settings do you play on when going for a high score Ayanami? Like the number of lives, the score needed to get a new life and the difficulty (I'm assuming it's normal)? Trying to beat your score is actually what got me into playing this game again, so I really want to know this so we can be even. I actually did beat the score you posted, but now you come and tell me that you've topped your score again. :evil:

I won't have time to play anytime soon though, but I will beat you! :twisted:

(Am I too competitive? :P )
Hell ya Femto!! I was praying that some one would start some score wars with me!! But any who, yeah, I play every thing on default, I assure you. No extra lives, no easy difficulty. But that is one hell of a score you got there Femto. I am going to have to stop playing Shin Megumi Tensei Nocturne and get back to work on Gradius V. And like you said, it is always the stupid crap that kills ya, I can still get better myself.

And as for the exact scor......

Ayanami - Gradius V - 1,533,160 Stage 1-6 Type 4
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Godammit! I just realized that I got my high score with 5 lives at the beginning. I guess I'll have to work harder to top you. I was going to play right now, but I can't, I have to work on my finals or I'll fail this shit. But give me a week and I'll find the time to do it. Here is the score anyway,

Femto - Gradius V - 1451480 - Stage 1-6 - Type 2

BTW, are you going to PM me your and Tempest's pic so I can post it in the Photo Album?
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Yeah, about the pics, I got them, but they don't look too good. I look extreamly stoned in my photo. I will get them to ya when Tempest is over again so we can retake them. Tempest's does not look too good either, but mine looks real bad.

Any who, yeah, don't neglect your studies or any thing, you have the best score I know of compared to some of my other shooter friends already.

But don't think that I will let you beat me any time soon!! :twisted: :twisted:
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Post your crappy pics, we dont care.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Buzkashi wrote:Post your crappy pics, we dont care.
Same here. You can always send us better pics later, so it's no big deal. Shit, I look kinda stoned in my first pic too.

As for Gradius V, I just wanted to mention how awesome the game is. I mean, it's not impossible to beat the fifth stage without losing a life, but it is freakin' intense all the time! That is what I call an awesome game, one that keeps you on your toes constantly.

And I will beat your high score, you'll see. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Indeed, I love shooters that are hard but not impossible. Treasure just knows how to make a shooter man. And yeah, I will PM those pics for ya.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

I don't know any of those games. Never heard of those Japanese, CHinese or whatever games.

But I do still play Soldier Of Fortune 2 Gold, which is really old and which u people probably don't know either.

Btw, Femto, when are gonna show us the pics :D.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Devil_Dante wrote:I don't know any of those games. Never heard of those Japanese, CHinese or whatever games.

But I do still play Soldier Of Fortune 2 Gold, which is really old and which u people probably don't know either.
We are talking about shoot em ups. Not First Person Shooters. What's a good example..... you ever play R-Type, Raiden, any game where you are a space ship dodging bullets and shooting everything on the screen.

Any who, I know of Soldier of Fortune 2, can't say I am fond of it, but I don't like too many First Person Shooters, so I am biased.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Devil_Dante wrote:Btw, Femto, when are gonna show us the pics :D.
The thread has been up for a few days now. Look around for it. :wink:

Ayanami: Still waiting for that PM. :cry:
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

SOF2 was a cool game. doesnt compare with the FPS shooter greats like HL2 or doom3, but it was cool. especially the GHOUL hit technology.

hey ayanami, have you tried freelancer yet?
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I finally PMed ya those pics Femto, sorry it took so long. When I got home I crashed for a good 6 hours or so.

Dos, nah man, I have not even seen it around here actually. I still have not checked out a few stores though.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

PM me those photos too! I'm online RIGHT NOW! He's NOT! :P

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Demanding aren't we. :P
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Just wanted something to edit... :P

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am