WORST THREAD EVER,RELATING BERSERK!!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Hmm, Miura Kentarou = genius, Bleach artist: soso-manga artist (I don't even know his name). You can't compare the characters, but the artwork is a no-brainer. Look how stupid those hollows look in comparison to Berserk's apostles.

Blus Berserk has a story, while Bleach's story is just a series of duels, with each one becoming more crazy than the next. Sure Berserk is also not a very talky manga (try any by Masamune Shiro for that), but at least it's not mindless, and bleach is certainly quite mindless in places. Don't get me wrong, I like Bleach, too, but it's really easy for me to say which one I like better.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

Post by InsaneNoodlyGuy »

Brainpiercing wrote:Hmm, Miura Kentarou = genius, Bleach artist: soso-manga artist (I don't even know his name). You can't compare the characters, but the artwork is a no-brainer. Look how stupid those hollows look in comparison to Berserk's apostles.

Blus Berserk has a story, while Bleach's story is just a series of duels, with each one becoming more crazy than the next. Sure Berserk is also not a very talky manga (try any by Masamune Shiro for that), but at least it's not mindless, and bleach is certainly quite mindless in places. Don't get me wrong, I like Bleach, too, but it's really easy for me to say which one I like better.
Brain, I don't think the question is about which Manga you like better, and as I said, on this form, I wont' go into a huge debate about the subject, but I will dissagree with you on one thing: Berserk is a very very "talky" manga. there are pauses without action since Volume 4, with whole parts dedicated to the politics behind the midland battlefield. A more recent case in point, how many chapters has it been since we've seen any hardcore violence? I don't think the bar fight counts either.

That said, you have a point that Berserk has a lot better of a story.
Meow! Meow! Meow! Cat chow!! Cease your flatulent winds and hear my mind numbing expulsions of wicked noise!! Grrr!! Cheese!!!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

See, that's something I've always wondered about. If it's a versus situation, should it matter which you like more. I think that should be established first. If so, then that's fine. However, if not, then it should come down to an unbiased opinion about how the two characters really compare in skill. However, we don't discuss such things here, which is a good thing. By the way, the author of Bleach is named Kubo Tite. Anyway, I definitely wouldn't call Bleach mindless. You are reading the manga, right? I mean, I can think of lots of deep sentimental scenes. Plus, the fights have gotten really creative lately. Oh, and we can't forget the latest crazy ass plot twist. Don't get me wrong though, Berserk is my all time favorite. ;)

Oh, and I agree with Insane, Berserk can be pretty talkative at times, heh.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I think we should stop comparing those two before our brains attempt to commit suicide by trying to shut itself down. Really, don't sink into their level! I think I'll just leave the comparing alone, which was not the intention of this thread. The two mangas were written by different authors, set in different worlds, have different enemies. Why don't you compare Goku from DBZ and Akane from Dr Slump? :P Heh, I can imagine the discussion...'Goku can destroy the world with a energy blast' 'no, akane can tear the world apart just by simply tapping the ground' :lol:

Well, anywayz....I'll post a part two of that pic I posted, and I'll post the page 1 on the narutofans forum to make the Bleach fanboys shut up. That long arse post that insane put up bored the shit out of me, and I neglected to read the entire post and read the conclusion of the post instead. I didn't really agree with some of the points he was arguing, and I also realise I don't give a flying pig's shit. When I make the post, I'll add some 20th Century Boy references too. I'll try to make it a mock post.
Last edited by Eldo on Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
SileNTReApR
imanewbie

Post by SileNTReApR »

Femto wrote:Thank god we don't have that kind of BS in this forum...
Would you like me to bring this kind of bullshit into this forum? ;)

Yeah, some people are pretty retarded..I mean I'm a Bleach fan myself but I won't go as far as that. I mean, Guts vs Ichigo, it won't even match.
[X] Click for the biggest manga distro group ever!
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Well, perhaps mindless was the wrong word, but Bleach is kind of like Kenshin, everything that happens just serves as an introduction for the next duel. It's a shonen teenage fighting manga, which berserk isn't. They do have character development, emotional moments, but the main point is just the fighting, and as such the author is compelled to raise the bar each fight. Berserk doesn't need that. Sure there was an increase in the power level, but it was obvious this would happen once apostles roam freely everywhere.

So, in the end it's a matter of preference, but IMHO they are in totally different leagues.
Brainpiercing
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

You know, I wrote what I thought was at least an intelligent discourse on teh subject. I was followed by this.

If It Were Up To Me, They Both Kinda Fight Evil, How About This.
Guts And Ichigo Versus Every Enemy They Both Have??? NOW THAT WOULD BE COOL !!!

God dammit. Why did I even try? Was I temporarily retarded.
Meow! Meow! Meow! Cat chow!! Cease your flatulent winds and hear my mind numbing expulsions of wicked noise!! Grrr!! Cheese!!!
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

WHAT I'M ABOUT TO POST IN THE NARUTOFORUMS:

...BUT WHAT THEY DIDN'T SEE:

Heh. The last thing Guts says is a quote from Orochimaru's post in the Narutofan forums. :wink:

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Concealed_Rage
imanewbie

Post by Concealed_Rage »

Haha I like it, Nice job. Why didn't you post the last pagse too? piss them off a little
"He appeared right in front of me, and he wasn't a demon... but what looked like a human. As if he'd been yanked from before into the present unchanged. I gazed at him and for a second... I forgot to kill him."
- Guts from Berserk
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

Eldo, c'mon! I'll put it up myself if you don't wanna take the potentail ban/flames.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Fuck no, I want them to bask in what they think is their small little 'victory'. I made a dummy post where I bowed down to the Bleach masters and 'swallowed my pride', posting only the first pic. Yeah, I'm not sure if I should put this in the omake section though.
Last edited by Eldo on Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

That's weird... Why'd you do that?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I hate VS threads with a passion...I absolutely LOATHE it. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind Bleach. I just hate VS threads. I made the dummy post so they can actually quiet down, and at the same time, belittle it as well.

Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Doh, Starnum just doesn't like that you chopped Ichogo in half.
Brainpiercing
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Eldo you went to easy on them over in that forum. Your too nice a guy.
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

Arresty wrote:Eldo you went to easy on them over in that forum. Your too nice a guy.
Well, actually I pointed out the pic was very open ended, with no clear victor. I also said somebody had already made an ending page, but as per your request made no mention of names or links. Then I challanged people to make it a photoshop contest to end your page. It won't work mind you, but I tried.

Trust me man, it doesn't matter that you made a page. The debat of stupidity will march on.
kjutte
imanewbie

Re: WORST THREAD EVER,RELATING BERSERK!!

Post by kjutte »

Orochimaru wrote:http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread. ... ge=1&pp=20

This thread gotta be the worst "Vs" thread i have ever seen in my entire life,I LOLed so hard.I didnt know that bleach fans were sooooooooooooooooo retarded,its kinda sad.oh well...enjoy!
I'm hoping he never read the mangas. Either way, what a dipshit.

Reading that thread pissed me off. The bloody forum consists of ignorant morons.
kjutte
imanewbie

Post by kjutte »

Oh my god, I know I didn't just call the Leader of Evil Genius a dipshit, on top of making a moronic noob ass mistake as double posting! *Gasp*
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

VERY true.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
zokie
Mastered PM

Post by zokie »

kjutte wrote:
Orochimaru wrote:http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread. ... ge=1&pp=20

This thread gotta be the worst "Vs" thread i have ever seen in my entire life,I LOLed so hard.I didnt know that bleach fans were sooooooooooooooooo retarded,its kinda sad.oh well...enjoy!
I'm hoping he never read the mangas. Either way, what a dipshit.
very true but still, why post two short posts instead of one longer
Last edited by zokie on Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
(i just could't resist)
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Brainpiercing wrote:Doh, Starnum just doesn't like that you chopped Ichogo in half.
Someone had to die... :wink: :P 8)
InsaneNoodleGuy wrote:I also said somebody had already made an ending page, but as per your request made no mention of names or links. Then I challanged people to make it a photoshop contest to end your page. It won't work mind you, but I tried.
That won't work, because they don't have scans of Berserk, or even read Berserk in their whole life. They only heard OF Guts, but not ABOUT Guts. An example is from the post that Sasuto fellow made in the narutofans forum: "Oh, Ichigo would beat Guts easily! Oh, do you know where I can download Berserk? Gimme a URL and IRC and do all the dirty work for me. I might change my mind after reading some!" Yes, even buffoons like him voiced an opinion without fully understanding both of the characters, or even have even read Berserk.

To Narutofans forums: YOUR ANTI-FLAMING POLICY DOES NOT WORK! This guy wouldn't last 3 posts in Mindwerks.

Dtortot
notanewb

Post by Dtortot »

I was tempted to post: You people are just too stupid to like Berserk that you like Naruto.

But that little fellow, you know Pride, stopped me from, damn him be!

I am 99.75% awesome!
How awesome are YOU? By Suspended Chaos.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Vs threads ARE PURE RETARDED!!!

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Shade
This is my new home

Post by Shade »

LMFAO!!!
And I called you a traitor Eldo.
My apologies. *saves pages*
I understand your motives now XD

Yes VS thread are retarded but I wasn't going to let one involving our beloved Gatts go without someone of decent knowledge there to back him up. I love bleach. I think its great, but Berserk is just not for comparison and some of these NF members are just retarded and will never understand.
Its like a child in love with a toy car and thinking its the best in the world and then you rock up a porche or something thats real... i dunno. They are stupid fucks either way.

OH! And i've been busted for my NF membership >_>
I'm really a MW spy, honest :D
~http://www.thecenternetwork.com/forum/~
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Brainpiercing wrote:Doh, Starnum just doesn't like that you chopped Ichogo in half.
No, I didn't mind so much, as that's how it would most likely end. ;)
Last edited by Starnum on Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.