PS3 Thread

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Re: PS3 Thread

Post by fujinsan »

halfnhalf wrote:
War Machine wrote:I thought this was so stupid it was worth mentioning: IGN UK just reviewed MGS4 and they gave it a 9.9.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/877/877611p1.html

Are they fucking kidding me? Can you really review a game so precisely so as to notice a .1 difference? And even so, what exactly is the game missing that it deserves to be taken away .1?

What a bullshit score...

dood its cuz, teh PS3 sucks. If it was on the x360, it would get a 10 because you didnt have to wait the 10 minutes that was needed for the install.
Dude did your account get haxed by Femto?
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

fujinsan wrote:
halfnhalf wrote:
War Machine wrote:I thought this was so stupid it was worth mentioning: IGN UK just reviewed MGS4 and they gave it a 9.9.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/877/877611p1.html

Are they fucking kidding me? Can you really review a game so precisely so as to notice a .1 difference? And even so, what exactly is the game missing that it deserves to be taken away .1?

What a bullshit score...

dood its cuz, teh PS3 sucks. If it was on the x360, it would get a 10 because you didnt have to wait the 10 minutes that was needed for the install.
I think he used something named sarcasm there :D
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Aetherfukz wrote:
fujinsan wrote:
halfnhalf wrote:
I think he used something named sarcasm there :D
.......Uuuh I um knew that so there, yeah! Damn gotta think of a way outta this"Play me off johnny!"
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

The Prince wrote:Perhaps because its an averaged result? Perhaps............ :shock:
Nope, it says so right there it ain't an average.

Changing topic, I was really happy with my 40GB PS3 until I read this:

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/30/wal-m ... -purchase/

Not only are they giving a $100 gift card, but they're selling the 80GB PS3 (which I didn't get because I couldn't find it) with the Dualshock 3 (another minor bonus). Since I just bought it from Best Buy I thought I could return it at least, but the sons of bitches charge you a 15% restocking fee! You know how much 15% of $500 is? 60 fucking bucks!

So now I'm not sure if I should sell my PS3 (through Craig's List) so I can get the 80GB PS3 or fuck it all and settle with what I have. I just got it a week ago and they come up with this!
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Just as a sidenote, the 80gb PS3 doesn't have full backwards compatibility, it has software PS2 emulation, and from what I've read it only plays about 30-40% of the old games.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

So they cut out hardware emulation altogether? What a gyp.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Aetherfukz wrote:Just as a sidenote, the 80gb PS3 doesn't have full backwards compatibility, it has software PS2 emulation, and from what I've read it only plays about 30-40% of the old games.
I knew that it had software emulation, but I didn't know the percentage. That makes me feel a lot better though, thanks.

I'm having a lot of fun with GTAIV, I might as well keep the PS3, I was just mad cause that offer appeared just one week after I bought it.

Anyway, a new trailer for RE5 just came out, it looks like it'll just be RE4 with better graphics:

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/05/31/cha ... 5-trailer/
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Be happy PS3 owners!! In game XMB and messages will being coming out in the 2.40 firmware. I know this stuff is suppose to be out with it on day one, but hey, its almost here.

DualShock 3 controller is awesome, its perfect.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hey, that's pretty sweet!
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Starnum wrote:Hey, that's pretty sweet!

you're fast at posting. BTW how is GTA4 going? I still dont have it yet, but i see like half the people on my friends list playing gta4.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

I've a duel shock 3, and haven't really gotten a chance to check it out yet. I here all the hype saying it's got the best vibration function and such.

Sidenote~ yeah halfn'half it may be coming out with 2.40 firmware, but what if that's a long ways away?! :shock:
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

expect the 2.40 update mid June. So like in a week or two.

I just used the ds3 on fatal inertia EX, its pretty nice in its rumble technology, like there are different area's of rumble on it.

I keep on thinking about it, but i think i might be expanding my harddrive size from 40 to like around 250...
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Two weeks huh? Well about your upgrade, I heard you could seriously fuck up your harddrive if you rewire it wrong or something. So if you do that make sure you go to youtube first lol.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

halfnhalf wrote:
Starnum wrote:Hey, that's pretty sweet!

you're fast at posting. BTW how is GTA4 going? I still dont have it yet, but i see like half the people on my friends list playing gta4.
Yes, my posting skills have been refined over the years. :P

GTA4 is a lot of fun, I'm still trying to get through the game. I've got access to all the islands and some pretty sweet pads now. Anyway, we'll definitely have to do some online sometime if/when you get it. Heh, you see me playing GTA4 now, but wait till MGS4 comes out. I'll meet you all there! Heh, well I'm going to focus on the main game at first, but I'm looking forward to online as well. :D
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Fujin and I have MGO nailed from the beta, we will see how much they did or didnt change. But either way, June 21st needs to come MUCH faster.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Everyone at E.g needs to join clan la le lu la le/ The Patriots, Who should be the leader though? you wanna be leader hal'n'half? I think your better than me is why I asked.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

if all of e.g joins, it should be called e.g...

and i would love to be the leader, i pwn fools. was one of the few beta testers at level 5.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

There were only ten beta testers that reached level 6, 120 something level 5 and so on. I didn't know the rest, and it should be cool having an E.G clan.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

This Thursday on the NORTH AMERICAN PSN (had to make sure you know that) there will be a new "interactive" video game magazine video called "Qore." It will be $2.99 per episode to see new content.

honestly it just sounds like a way for Sony to make some pocket chain, so why get it? Because the only way to get into the Socom Beta is to buy the first episode. Now that is worth it.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168062

Ill buy the first one, just to get in the socom beta. If it ends up being pretty cool with its content, who knows, maybe ill subscribe, but right now im just want to get into the SOCOM beta.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Never liked socam to much let alone care for a beta, but the magazine thing sounds interesting I might get it. I checked the prices and it sounds like a decent buy, alot of insider info and such.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

socom is too addicting to not play.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

I finally set up a japanese account and downloaded some nice stuff from their japanese store. Its actually quite simple if anyones interested and you can make out whats free or not. I'm just itching to play some more Battle Fantasia.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

lon3vvolf wrote:I finally set up a japanese account and downloaded some nice stuff from their japanese store. Its actually quite simple if anyones interested and you can make out whats free or not. I'm just itching to play some more Battle Fantasia.

Battle Fantasia is pretty cool, thought i have to admit, i have NO idea what R1 and R2 do in the game.

Surprisingly though, the US Store has WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more content demo and video wise than the Japanese store. However the Japanese store has a TON of PS1 games.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Hmm, maybe I'll try getting a japanese account later when I'm bored.

I want to get a bigger Hard Drive and install Yellow Dog Linux, but I was wondering which kind of HDs should I be looking for, is it ok as long as it's SATA or is there something else I should be careful about?
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

War Machine wrote:Hmm, maybe I'll try getting a japanese account later when I'm bored.

I want to get a bigger Hard Drive and install Yellow Dog Linux, but I was wondering which kind of HDs should I be looking for, is it ok as long as it's SATA or is there something else I should be careful about?

the HDD needs to be a laptop hard drive, meaning 2.5 inch drive.

Someone here wrote up how to change the harddrive on their blog, so whoever did that, repost the link.